Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Or, recruiting momentum stalls because we can’t fucking win and our latest coach is once again on the hot seat.

I really think they're giving him leeway for the Arch commitment, plus he only has one recruiting class of his own. Process takes time. I didn't like the hire, I still don't, but we gotta get Herman's players out of there aside from a few who have panned out finally like Coburn, Ojomo, and Sweat. Murphy also seems to be a dog, but we finally got some Edge players but they're just frosh, so I'll assume next year we'll see what they've got. Both Burke and Finkley have shown flashes, and maybe one of our LB'S could potentially play day 1 to get Bush the fuck out of there permanently, so I'm optimistic. Plus Sydir Mitchell should be a player from day 1, and we still have the portal (crossing my fingers) we use for Edge and interior guys for plug and play. I think we go 2-2 out of these last 4 games and win our bowl game to get us to 8 wins, which is massive compared to last year. This all hangs on hope, obviously. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Jimbo “quiet quitting” at the end was…interesting.

Made me wonder if King got hurt again on the series before and so he actually sat him knowing if he didn’t he would have had QBs in back to back weeks take big hits that should have see concussion protocols that he ignored..

7 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

That was not a great Florida team finally showing up or anything like that.  Aggy is just not good. Assuming all the recruits aren’t busts, that sits squarely on one issue, and it’s not “culture” - even in that shithole.  

I said this in the game thread but Florida dismissed their top defensive player this week and their top WR was out with an injury.

That's a 3 win Florida team on the field today. aggy is fucking terrible. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

That was not a great Florida team finally showing up or anything like that.  Aggy is just not good. Assuming all the recruits aren’t busts, that sits squarely on one issue, and it’s not “culture” - even in that shithole.  

Aggy players are starting to quit.  Mentally, they aren't fighting.   And mind everybody, they were supposed to be really good this year because last year beat Bama something, something.  They don't suck, they chug.  They're the garbage of the SEC.  

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

Aggy players are starting to quit.  Mentally, they aren't fighting.   And mind everybody, they were supposed to be really good this year because last year beat Bama something, something.  They don't suck, they chug.  They're the garbage of the SEC.  

This is fair.  Why would you want to risk anything if you have a even the slightest potential for an NFL career ?  Hell, even CFL or XFL.  The NIL is already paid.  

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's kind of remarkable how bad their DL is with that talent. In terms of talent and production this year has there ever been a more underachieving unit in college football? 

They have a 3 deep of 5 stars and it's one of the worst defensive lines in the country. 

They are overall a very undisciplined team.  That includes gap integrity.  Their DLs and LBs just stunt ad hoc because they are only there for stats and to collect a check.   35 is the most egregious.  Whenever he is not getting a TFL because he shot a gap he is giving up a 12 yard run for the same reason.  

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/25/2022 at 3:31 AM, Bruh Man said:

Dude, they have Shemar Stewart and Walter Nolen coming off the bench. We have Ovie Oghoufo starting and Jett Bush coming off our bench. They have like 4 seniors in their entire THREE-DEEP on both sides of the ball. They are in for some big time recruits down the stretch in this recruiting cycle. They are miles ahead of us. They just need to develop Weigman and get him ready next year.  

I know you're going to bump this next time they lose, so let me be clear - 8-4 w/ two gimps at quarterback and a talent-rich roster full of underclassmen is actually pretty good. They are setting themselves for playoff runs in the next two seasons as long as Jimbo develops Weigman or they get a stud QB recruit/transfer. 

To be fair, nobody bumped this the first time they lost. I think I'm keeping it classy by waiting until their sixth loss, including 5 IN A ROW. I guess 8-4 would actually be pretty good. It's certainly better than 3-6. I'm not sure they're miles ahead of us, though. That seems like a bit of a stretch.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

To be fair, nobody bumped this the first time they lost. I think I'm keeping it classy by waiting until their sixth loss, including 5 IN A ROW. I guess 8-4 would actually be pretty good. It's certainly better than 3-6. I'm not sure they're miles ahead of us, though. That seems like a bit of a stretch.  

The funniest part of that post is Shemar Stewart looks like a JAG and Walter Nolen can't play more than a couple plays without being inured. 

I'm convinced @Bruh Man doesn't even watch aggy. He just looks at the recruiting rankings. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This should be pinned at the top of the thread.

Poooooooor Aggies

• Like 1