Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I was just looking.  Here are the grades for UNC/Wake Forest/Texas CBs who played 50% of snaps last season - sorted by coverage grade.

image.thumb.png.6c4f1313835807d932c105088e9bfd0b.png

And the Coverage specific grades:

image.thumb.png.100bab7e7cf20275df60630f68b4c010.png

If I am reading this correctly, tackling is an area of opportunity for development with our new CB Holmes

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm somewhat convinced Jimbo is a star hunter. 

I make fun of all these aggys saying "Grimes is a former 5 star" but I believe he thinks the same way. 

He is just a narrative hunter. Less pressure on him now that they have a former 5 star. As opposed to taking a lesser known name like Holmes (who is better) and feeling the outside pressure all year long

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This was my point. I’m not saying it’s impossible to replicate, but a guy who’s only been in it one year who has as unimpressive of a resume as Huard isn’t going to be able to do it successfully. 

He has much more experience in Jimbo's offense. Which is why he's being hired if it's him. It's still Jimbo's offense. 

Putting this here for posterity just in case we are all getting high on aggy tears on Friday. From aggy wire:

Now, after the chaos surrounding 5-Star safety Peyton Bowen’s eventual “flip” to Oklahoma, some analysts are asking the question (with zero merits) “Could Oklahoma land David Hicks Jr.?” Well, we shall see. As of this moment, there is no indication of any change in Hicks’ status with the Aggies, so expect the expected on Friday, Ags.

Edited by DanTheHorn

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

Rumors on TexAgs courtesy of LHF. They're expecting Malick Sylla to be hitting the portal shortly. I'm on mobile rn so can't share the screenshots if someone wants to grab them from LHFs twitter.

Appears to be based off of this tweet:

I guess other players previously were tweeting the little 'lock' symbol indicating they were locked in to aggy.  Now Sylla tweets an 'unlock'.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yes, Billy. There's so much evidence that they were the Aggies the Aggies were they, true to their school as long as they pay. 

He knows his audience. He narrowly focuses on only perception while completely ignoring real evidence. Why were there bad apples in that class last year whom you claim to be glad to be rid of? Why are so many players opting out of the Aggie dream of being an Aggie forever?

They didn't choose A&M out of love like you'd like to believe. It's clear their motivation was otherwise. It's also clear that your dull minded fanbase thought they'd drawn these guys with their brilliance at NIL and their wealth. Then Jimbo put an end to that by saying there was no NIL money. Okay, how'd the money change hands?

Last year Aggies gloried in their brilliance at using money to get recruits thinking they'd done it within the rules. Now it's all, "college football has changed. It's sad that guys don't play for the alma mater! Give me 3-stars that want to be here!"

Your only mental trick is holding two opposing ideas in your mind at the same time and believing they're both true.

I hope Billy remains the Aggie guru forever. He's perfect for them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

The mental gymnastics at play as they talk about how other schools buying mercenaries is going to backfire with locker room drama and mass transfers a year later, without acknowledging that they are literally the case study for both things happening after buying a class full of mercenaries, is impressive even for aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2