Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What's up with Walter Nolen? 

He's injured on every other play. I see him for a couple snaps and then he's injured again. 

He’s a drama queen who pulls a Redd Foxx about every other series. That said, he is a bad motherfucker when his switch is turned on. 

Frankly, and I know no one wants to hear this, but they’re playing a ton of the young guys in critical situations and that shit is going to matter in 2023-2025 if they can keep those guys. I counted at least 10 2022 guys playing last night and there was a shit ton of talent from the 2021 class too. 

I’m hoping that a chunk of that talent hits the portal, of course. They also have it concentrated weirdly in only specific spots. That said, one of those spots is DL and my view is that they’re going to have the best DL in CFB in 2023 if they retain most of those guys. They are 3 fucking deep in legitimate dudes on the DL front. 

32 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

What is Stewart doing? Has to be trolling, right? The TikTok guy?

I don’t want to go into great detail for reasons that are hopefully obvious, but I am going to be really, really surprised if Sarkisian is interested in bringing Evan Stewart across if he enters the portal. It would be a really hard intellectual fight for him based on how he feels about how everything went down. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He’s a drama queen who pulls a Redd Foxx about every other series. That said, he is a bad motherfucker when his switch is turned on. 

Frankly, and I know no one wants to hear this, but they’re playing a ton of the young guys in critical situations and that shit is going to matter in 2023-2025 if they can keep those guys. I counted at least 10 2022 guys playing last night and there was a shit ton of talent from the 2021 class too. 

I’m hoping that a chunk of that talent hits the portal, of course. They also have it concentrated weirdly in only specific spots. That said, one of those spots is DL and my view is that they’re going to have the best DL in CFB in 2023 if they retain most of those guys. They are 3 fucking deep in legitimate dudes on the DL front. 

I don’t want to go into great detail for reasons that are hopefully obvious, but I am going to be really, really surprised if Sarkisian is interested in bringing Evan Stewart across if he enters the portal. It would be a really hard intellectual fight for him based on how he feels about how everything went down. 

Right, you've said that part before, but I also read what you said about it being unlikely any of their mercenaries hit the portal based on their pay structure. It just seems like this is him trolling Texas fans.

3 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Right, you've said that part before, but I also read what you said about it being unlikely any of their mercenaries hit the portal based on their pay structure. It just seems like this is him trolling Texas fans.

It isn’t trolling. There is word that he wants out. I think it’s more of a guy that is trapped and wishes he wasn’t. I’ll just be surprised if Texas is willing to fuck with him again but, hey, talent is rare currency. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It isn’t trolling. There is word that he wants out. I think it’s more of a guy that is trapped and wishes he wasn’t. I’ll just be surprised if Texas is willing to fuck with him again but, hey, talent is rare currency. 

lol wow. Haven't seen that kind of thing so public before I guess. 

It's dependent on how LSU finishes but  a good chance A&M only plays 3 ranked teams all year. 3/12. 

This schedule was discussed as being more difficult than normal years but it ended up being another really soft schedule. This schedule set up perfectly for a double digit win season if aggy was even decent. 

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Evan going from aggy to Bama would be all kinds of crazy considering the OCs and QBs at both schools will be shitty next year.

BOB will be hired somewhere after this year. 

I'm sure Bama is about to be looking for a QB in the portal and will likely land a good one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's dependent on how LSU finishes but  a good chance A&M only plays 3 ranked teams all year. 3/12. 

This schedule was discussed as being more difficult than normal years but it ended up being another really soft schedule. This schedule set up perfectly for a double digit win season if aggy was even decent. 

I think Florida beats LSU.  Aggy getting LSU and Florida at home probably are wins, although I wouldn't bet on it.  South Carolina and Auburn aren't any good, but are road games, so those could be adventures. 

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think Florida beats LSU.  Aggy getting LSU and Florida at home probably are wins, although I wouldn't bet on it.  South Carolina and Auburn aren't any good, but are road games, so those could be adventures. 

I see 3-3. They're in the same tier as all four of those teams. Split those games and lose to KKK U.

I think Stewart really wants to come to Texas. He made that tweet or whatever where he took a pic of an aggy jersey where it just says Texas and leaves off the other shitty letters. If Sark would take Hall and Billingsley, I'm sure he would have zero issues with taking Stewart (barring we miss on Moore) since we need another WR in this class, whether it be HS or portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Glad you admit tonight was a moral victory for A&M, please explain to the bumbling idiot @Rickylovesweed who apparently gets high on his own stuff and starts tagging me several times a day about the impending demise of A&M and their recruiting class.

What you guys are essentially telling me is to bury my head in the sand and ignore true freshmen Shemar Turner, Walter Nolen, Evan Stewart, Chris Marshall, Kam Dewberry going toe-to-toe with Bama all night b/c aggies have been shit forever and that's how it will always be. Yeah, I'm not getting on that train. They've never had this much talent, they have more coming, and will be on a bigger stage sooner than later. 

In the sand? More like your asshole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Played Bama tight on the road with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores on primetime network television. Regardless of the record, tonight was a recruiting win for them not the epic collapse you guys were anticipating. 

Dude - everyone saw the Bama turnovers that gave aggy short field scores, let alone the two missed FGs that weren’t missed in our game vs Bama. Total different games in their entirety!

Hook’em!
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I think Stewart really wants to come to Texas. He made that tweet or whatever where he took a pic of an aggy jersey where it just says Texas and leaves off the other shitty letters. If Sark would take Hall and Billingsley, I'm sure he would have zero issues with taking Stewart (barring we miss on Moore) since we need another WR in this class, whether it be HS or portal. 

He also left the SEC patch in the picture lol so it was SEC patch and the "Texas" part of the jersey

Just now, TheBryMan81 said:

He also left the SEC patch in the picture lol so it was SEC patch and the "Texas" part of the jersey

I saw that lol. Made me think he knows/wants to come here and we're headed there anyway, so he might be putting out feelers, or just trolling. But you know he isn't happy in that shit hole. 

I don't know how anyone could have watched that terrible slap fight between two regarded cripples, and consider the close loss as moral victory. My God, the aggy offense was absolutely awful. I understand they had to go to their 2nd team OB who used to be their 1st team QB. Wait, that scenario seems familiar. What other major Texas college football team had that same situation? And when it happened to us, our head coach was able to still field a competent, although far less dynamic offense. Jimbo the flim flam man gave the world pure shit. Bama's offensive abortion was nearly as bad, but every few minutes Milroe was able to get a ball in the gneral vicinity of a receiver.

If I was trying to decide on a school at which to play on offense, it would not be aggy. Nor would it be Bama until that idiot O'Brien is gone. The only victory was Bama eeking out a win over aggy. Aggy proved nothing other than they do field a decent defense. Nothing else, other than that Jimbo is truly an overpaid twit who has aggy's nuts in a vise. Moral victory my ass

Edited by 1leggedduck
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That said, one of those spots is DL and my view is that they’re going to have the best DL in CFB in 2023 if they retain most of those guys. They are 3 fucking deep in legitimate dudes on the DL front. 

Be careful, @Bruh Manis going to think you’re flirting with him talkin like that

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Bleh. They will still be running one of the shittiest offensive schemes in football that the genius in charge never recruits the right type of qb for. I'm never going to worry about those perennial losers.

We need to capitalize on our talent this season and win out. The boon for recruiting this season and next season would make the talent level snowball so that nobody else would even matter.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Bleh. They will still be running one of the shittiest offensive schemes in football that the genius in charge never recruits the right type of qb for. I'm never going to worry about those perennial losers.

We need to capitalize on our talent this season and win out. The boon for recruiting this season and next season would make the talent level snowball so that nobody else would even matter.

Cool. I didn’t tell anyone to worry. That said, we’re likely playing them in 2024, so, yeah, on top of every other reason I follow them, that makes everything matter more. There’s a difference between actually knowing your enemies and being BruhMan about them. You don’t need to be threatened by my thoughts on ATM. 

What should make anyone feel threatened though is my counter to your take about winning being the biggest thing in recruiting. It isn’t. Winning will help, but we need NIL to be crushing the will of our opponents as well. It’s an absolute for success in recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Cool. I didn’t tell anyone to worry. That said, we’re likely playing them in 2024, so, yeah, on top of every other reason I follow them, that makes everything matter more. There’s a difference between actually knowing your enemies and being BruhMan about them. You don’t need to be threatened by my thoughts on ATM. 

What should make anyone feel threatened though is my counter to your take about winning being the biggest thing in recruiting. It isn’t. Winning will help, but we need NIL to be crushing the will of our opponents as well. It’s an absolute for success in recruiting. 

This is from a small sample size but I'd imagine that number to continue to grow moving forward(2022):

image.png.08d48c4e1a86f9f33401ca7757b5fc2c.png

But still 18.3% is damn near 1 out of 5 recruits.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

this is where i think the portal makes a huge difference - if you are the 2nd or 3rd guy on that depth chart and USC or FSU or Oregon comes calling and offering $NIL then why would you stay to be the 3rd guy on the depth chart when you can be the starter elsewhere? it's hard to turn down that combo of starter snaps + $$$ to stay in College Station.

(this also assumes that they are able to keep E Robinson moving forward - lots of reasons that may change. can they pass over him 2x for DC? does Ruhle godfather him wherever he ends up? does he get a DC job elsewhere?)

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I'm waiting for your update where our reticent deep pocket donors saw what Ewers did Saturday, remember what he was doing against Alabama, and are starting to realize that's what NIL gets you and without it that guy is playing elsewhere moving forward. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, NoName said:

As of 10/10/22:

Texas A&M:

image.png.a77557dbdf06a8abdbdbd21ea65c34ad.png

Texas:

image.png.ee0044952b919a2e4c2897f5cf40662d.pngTexas:

now if you want a really good laugh, look at Card vs King:

image.png.4c5e50894bd01e57f71a7e99eb05ef13.png

vs

image.png.98416c175b9f6d79dd6c173185d60bd6.png

Evan Stewart is Jimbo's TE this year.  A lot of shallow stuff.  A lot of standing waiting for the ball.  Not a lot of chance for YAC (2.8yds after catch - last on his team among regulars).

image.png.eaa05992ce8e2d587e8f9d480be7c91b.png 

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Even with the history should be a no brainer for a couple reasons. First and foremost talent alone. Second taking him would be the biggest off the field blow in the history of the rivalry. Taking him would set off at least a decently sized chain reaction that would set them back a year or more as we should be making a playoff run next year. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Evan Stewart is Jimbo's TE this year.  A lot of shallow stuff.  A lot of standing waiting for the ball.  Not a lot of chance for YAC (2.8yds after catch - last on his team among regulars).

image.png.eaa05992ce8e2d587e8f9d480be7c91b.png 

imagine taking EVAN STEWART and turning him into a tight end.

no wonder he wants to portal literally anywhere else.

again, EVAN STEWART! you have Muhammad, you have TEs...and that is how you choose to utilize Evan Stewart.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Don't think it's the biggest thing in recruiting, but I think it would be big this year due to overachieving relative to expectations + regional recruiting rivals sucking ass (OU, LSU, aggy, etc.). I think it plays well particularly with recruits and potential transfers that are from Texas who aren't used to us being good.

Edited by Bevo14

56 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Even with the history should be a no brainer for a couple reasons. First and foremost talent alone. Second taking him would be the biggest off the field blow in the history of the rivalry. Taking him would set off at least a decently sized chain reaction that would set them back a year or more as we should be making a playoff run next year. 

He and his dad didn't handle the tail end of his recruitment with anything resembling any sort of class and he did a lot of shitting on Texas behind the scenes to other recruits. If he jumps in the portal and lands at Texas, I'll be able to rationalize why I can cheer for him, but he's like the last guy from their roster, of those worth a shit, that I would like to see transfer to Texas. 

That considered, he would be a touchdown machine at USC. If he winds up at Bama, he'd have to get some religion about his off the field shit really, really fast. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm waiting for your update where our reticent deep pocket donors saw what Ewers did Saturday, remember what he was doing against Alabama, and are starting to realize that's what NIL gets you and without it that guy is playing elsewhere moving forward. 

There is a ton of progress being made and I'm not really close to some of it until some new hurdle of one sort or another needs help being jumped. The Texas NIL effort is being worked on the right way in order to build a foundation on bedrock. That means a lot of cats are being herded into the corral and it is a lot of effort. In conjunction with that is helping the major $$ players to understand how it is all unfolding and they can be assured that this will kick ass and make sense. These are not idiots just handing out wads of cash and trusting Jimbo or whatever the fuck is happening further east.

35 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Don't think it's the biggest thing in recruiting, but I think it would be big this year due to overachieving relative to expectations + regional recruiting rivals sucking ass (OU, LSU, aggy, etc.). I think it plays well particularly with recruits and potential transfers that are from Texas who aren't used to us being good.

Winning is not going to hurt any program, there is no doubt. That said, there are a ton of recruits who are about NIL first and foremost, irrespective of what they're telling journalists. It is the first thing the families want out in the open. Flatly. 

• Hook 'Em 8

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is a ton of progress being made and I'm not really close to some of it until some new hurdle of one sort or another needs help being jumped. The Texas NIL effort is being worked on the right way in order to build a foundation on bedrock. That means a lot of cats are being herded into the corral and it is a lot of effort. In conjunction with that is helping the major $$ players to understand how it is all unfolding and they can be assured that this will kick ass and make sense. These are not idiots just handing out wads of cash and trusting Jimbo or whatever the fuck is happening further east.

In your opinion what would best help the donors realize and understand NIL better aside from winning loosening up the pockets? Would it be more indirect push from the top of the athletic program?

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Winning is not going to hurt any program, there is no doubt. That said, there are a ton of recruits who are about NIL first and foremost, irrespective of what they're telling journalists. It is the first thing the families want out in the open. Flatly. 

image.png.3e464713ecd261862c1ec78d86e6a85b.png

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

In your opinion what would best help the donors realize and understand NIL better aside from winning loosening up the pockets? Would it be more indirect push from the top of the athletic program?

image.png.3e464713ecd261862c1ec78d86e6a85b.png

I just think making this kind of thing work and raising money for it is a lot like building a start-up. Everybody wants all of the money right now so they can do everything. Cool, go find me the UT Phil Knight.

Otherwise, that isn't the way it works. You can do it right for the long term, or slapdash it and try to throw as much money as you can find every cycle to combat the same efforts from other programs. I think UT-related NIL work is heading in the right direction. The full support of the AD is not there yet, IMO, but they're not working against us at this stage. 

• Hook 'Em 2