Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A&M is going to have to pay big to land a QB at this point. That’s going to impact their wallet for paying big on other recruits. If they keep stepping on their dicks on the field and losing games, I’m interested in seeing where all of the jack is going to come from for all of it. 

It’s almost impossible for me to believe that a high quality starting QB would consider A&M in the portal given they’d probably have many other choices and everyone will be offering money to a high quality QB. 

That update from Howell seems to be a 'just you wait, the bags are coming' type of post. The idea that Jimbo 'closed' those guys with pure salesmanship is amusing to me.

• Hook 'Em 2

Seems foolish to count on bags when they're staring down the barrel of another season not meeting expectations. Along with their high dollar items in Hill and Hicks, and they're trying to court Muhammed the same way? Seems like a receipe for disaster, but that's kind of the aggy way...clickitty clack goes roller coaster

Edited by BornAndRaised
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

That update from Howell seems to be a 'just you wait, the bags are coming' type of post. The idea that Jimbo 'closed' those guys with pure salesmanship is amusing to me.

It should also be noted that most of those guys they closed late are shitty football players. Their RB room is empty outside of Achane. Their WR room is Muhammed and the freshmen after Smith went down.

6 games into their season, and their 2nd string RB has 9 fucking carries, our 5th string RB nearly had that many in our last game.

Edited by HtownHorn

29 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Their fifth choice picked Baylor over them. I think they've now pinned their hopes on a Drew Brees-like breakout Senior campaign from somebody.

as a reminder, the super slow played him even though both of his parents are alumni and met while attending A&M. they took Holstein over him, which makes sense but then after he decommitted, they still slow played him when they thought they were going to get Rashida. then they STILL played him slow.

if i recall, he camped there once, took 2 UOVs and they didn't offer him until his third OV. the guy has taken four UOVs there in 2022.

in case folks question how much they slow played him, they offered AFTER Stanford and Ohio St. he reopened his recruitment and they still couldn't beat out Baylor.

they hunted big game and got BURNED.

they have only offered 9 QBs this cycle (honestly i think it's just 8 as one guy reports an offer but is looking at HBCUs , Maryland, FIU and Morgan State) and 8/8 are committed elsewhere. so guessing they are hoping for a late bloomer or that they can convince someone in the portal to come - but as @closetojumping outlined, everyone is going to be offering QB NIL level money at halfway decent QBs AND they are going to be in a competition with Weigman no matter what.

at this point, their QB room next year is:

Max Johnson, Haynes King, Weigman, Eli Stowers and Blake Bost?

that is a not good QB room unless Weigman blooms like Jameis did in 2013. the odds of that happening are not high.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, NoName said:

as a reminder, the super slow played him even though both of his parents are alumni and met while attending A&M. they took Holstein over him, which makes sense but then after he decommitted, they still slow played him when they thought they were going to get Rashida. then they STILL played him slow.

if i recall, he camped there once, took 2 UOVs and they didn't offer him until his third OV. the guy has taken four UOVs there in 2022.

in case folks question how much they slow played him, they offered AFTER Stanford and Ohio St. he reopened his recruitment and they still couldn't beat out Baylor.

they have only offered 9 QBs this cycle (honestly i think it's just 8 as one guy reports an offer but is looking at HBCUs , Maryland, FIU and Morgan State) and 8/8 are committed elsewhere. so guessing they are hoping for a late bloomer or that they can convince someone in the portal to come - but as @closetojumping outlined, everyone is going to be offering QB NIL level money at halfway decent QBs AND they are going to be in a competition with Weigman no matter what.

that is a not good QB room unless Weigman blooms like Jameis did in 2013. the odds of that happening are not high.

Russian Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

Timing seems to be an issue for Jimbo but he doesn't care. He got half of his five stars on D after they lost their coordinator. The tea leaves have them getting 2 five stars ready to commit for the Ole Miss game, a game they may lose and be 3-5 after. But I am sure it will  all be because of scheme. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth

4 hours ago, NoName said:

I was told that a family member said he would not play for Jimbo and didn’t want to go to ATM

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wrt novosod, wasn’t the weekend they got him to college station before deciding whether or not to flip from Baylor the same weekend they decided to pay Malachi Nelson to show up?

Yeah, but Aggie legacy Novosad was clear he was the priority, Nelson was just the fallback, so it was all good!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Not withstanding the potential baseball and concussion issues with Weigman, it’s looking more and more like Weigman may bail out Jimbo’s idiocy, because Weigman has the potential to be a very good QB according to my contacts. 

He going to be the new OC too?

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Not withstanding the potential baseball and concussion issues with Weigman, it’s looking more and more like Weigman may bail out Jimbo’s idiocy, because Weigman has the potential to be a very good QB according to my contacts. 

I’m not saying he will or won’t but he was a turnover machine and his performance in their spring game, if it happened in our game, would cause the board to self immolate. If your sources are aggy keep in mind they are always delusional before one of theirs plays a game and those delusions usually die hard with awfulness on the way out the door after they end up being “not the guy”. Even if he was really really good that OLine and the headsets are doing him no favors there. I’m betting against. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Well, if anyone has the ability to tap into a QB's potential, it's Jimbo...oh, wait...

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not saying he will or won’t but he was a turnover machine and his performance in their spring game, if it happened in our game, would cause the board to self immolate. If your sources are aggy keep in mind they are always delusional before one of theirs plays a game and those delusions usually die hard with awfulness on the way out the door after they end up being “not the guy”. Even if he was really really good that OLine and the headsets are doing him no favors there. I’m betting against. 

Those same sources are telling me that Reggie "The Real Deal" McNeil is a much better quarterback than Vince Young, who, let's be honest, would be a better off moving to receiver.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

He would be a star at UH in Holgrosen's offense.

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Ouch.

This is quite the excoriation.  Someone posted it to the aggie board.

On the Aggies: At season's midpoint, Jimbo Fisher the overlord of one of nation's worst offenses

Brent Zwerneman

Hide contents

On the Aggies: At season's midpoint, Jimbo Fisher the overlord of one of nation's worst offenses

Brent Zwerneman

COLLEGE STATION — Midway through Jimbo Fisher’s fifth year at Florida State, the Seminoles had won 23 consecutive games and were still soaking in the glow of a 2013 national title.
Midway through Fisher’s fifth year at Texas A&M, the Aggies have lost seven of their past 23 games, are unranked at 3-3 and have no hope of a title once again under the slick-talking West Virginian.
Did the Aggies buy a bunch of snake oil from Tallahassee, Fla., five years ago? No, considering they finished fourth in the country in 2020 in a pandemic-shortened season, their highest ranking in the final Associated Press poll since winning the national title in 1939.
Does Fisher’s awful offense need an overhaul for the Aggies to contend for a Southeastern Conference title? As the late lyricist Meat Loaf once crooned in a song about paradise, “Ain’t no doubt about it.”
Fisher, enveloped by flatterers in the Bright Football Complex, is a sensitive sort when it comes to analysis of his dated offensive approach, so we’ll go easy on the evaluation: It’s terrible — and that’s putting it delicately — especially for the resources Fisher has been given to try and get it done at A&M.
For instance, Fisher last week was trying to make a point about the Aggies’ improvement at receiver at the halfway point of the season, instead he provided one more example of A&M’s ongoing issues on offense.
“Think of the plays we made tonight compared to what we dropped in the last two weeks,” Fisher said last weekend and following the Aggies’ 24-20 loss at then-No. 1 Alabama. “It’s part of growth and how things go and what happens, and how you mature and it’s that simple.”
Fisher, a persistent defender of his plodding offense, had pointed out one of the many misadventures leading to one of the nation’s worst units. In other words, the Aggies weren’t anywhere near prepared for the start of SEC play — much less Appalachian State in a 17-14 home loss to the Mountaineers in Week 2 — based on their sloppy play on offense, including multiple dropped passes.
Fisher, too, has mostly wasted what’s likely the final season of junior running back Devon Achane, one of the nation’s most dynamic players who’s had trouble getting rolling behind an appalling offensive line.
The Aggies (1-2 SEC) had Saturday off and will have had two weeks to prepare for the start of the second half of the season: at South Carolina (4-2, 1-2) on Saturday night.
“We need to regroup … and play our tails off and get better and finish these last six games the way we need to play the rest of the year,” Fisher said.
The Aggies will need a much better offense if they’re to do so, and quick fixes likely aren’t part of the equation entering the South Carolina contest. Out of 131 Football Bowl Subdivision programs, the Aggies entering this weekend’s action ranked outside the top 100 in total offense (110th at 333 yards per game), scoring offense (109th at 21.5 points per game), third-down percentage (104th at 33.8 percent) and plays per game (127th at 60.2).
Their average number of plays were 36 fewer than Texas Tech, for instance, entering the weekend, and Fisher’s failure to consistently get his skill players plenty of touches has not and will not sit well with recruits on that side of the ball.
What must the Aggies improve upon on offense? Start with everything, but chief among the issues is the sieve-like offensive line under first-year assistant Steve Addazio, long an area of poor development under Fisher at A&M.
Alabama defenders consistently chased A&M quarterback Haynes King, who hurt his foot early in the Aggies’ narrow loss and got smashed in the ribs late in the contest. His status for the Gamecocks is unknown, and if he’s not able to go, five-star freshman Conner Weigman of Bridgeland likely will get the call.
King started the first two games of the season before he was replaced by Max Johnson, who injured his left (throwing) hand three games into his A&M tenure as a starter. Fisher turned back to King, who also won the starting job last year before he had a season-ending leg injury in Week 2, against the Crimson Tide.
Fisher comically said following the Alabama loss, “We’re playing a backup quarterback, too,” when he was reminded Alabama relied on occasionally-shaky backup Jalen Milroe of Tompkins over then-injured reigning Heisman Trophy winner Bryce Young.
A&M’s defense under first-year coordinator D.J. Durkin more than did its part against the Crimson Tide by creating four turnovers, three fumble recoveries and an interception, and giving the offense short fields to work with.
“We did a lot of things that were not winning football,” Alabama coach Nick Saban said in an understatement.
Despite the Crimson Tide gift-wrapping multiple opportunities and with short fields galore, the Aggies failed to score more than two touchdowns on offense for a fourth time against their five FBS foes this season.  
The disorganization and general confusion on offense under Fisher, who calls the plays, was again evident late in the Alabama game. That’s when the Aggies collected consecutive false start penalties on the offensive line on a fourth-and-8 from the Alabama 17-yard line and trailing 24-17 with 4:17 remaining. A&M’s consistent disorder on offense under Fisher has become a national punchline.
The back-to-back bumblings led to a 46-yard Randy Bond field goal (and the eventual final score) instead of a potential first down. Finally, Fisher the play-caller was too busy dialing up a poor final call for the Aggies on the last play of the game for Fisher the head coach to notice the play prior might have had about five or six seconds on the clock when it ended.
As opposed to the official and seemingly erroneous three seconds remaining, meaning A&M potentially could have run two plays instead of one to try and pull off the upset, had Fisher questioned the time remaining.
It all adds up to widespread ineptitude, and why the university’s play-callers, weary of clumsiness and stubbornness, might force Fisher to hire an innovative, clear-minded offensive coordinator in the offseason — to keep a promising 2023 season from being “too late” at this point under Fisher, too.

Holy crap, what a hit job! Lucky for Jimbo recruits don’t read newspapers. 

1 hour ago, WBT said:

And I thought Brent Z usually toed the company line.  Although him and looch both pushing the oc narrative may be coming from boosters, as others have said.

Make no mistake, the message boards make all the decisions in aggyland. Zwerneman and Liucci are just echoing what they’re told. The message boards are pissed, but unlike with Sherman, they can’t fire Jimbo yet. They can’t afford to for years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Make no mistake, the message boards make all the decisions in aggyland. Zwerneman and Liucci are just echoing what they’re told. The message boards are pissed, but unlike with Sherman, they can’t fire Jimbo yet. They can’t afford to for years. 

They're applying the only pressure they can since Jimbo collects his enormous check no matter what: public criticism.

It's weak sauce, but it's their only slim chance to influence the guy they gave their gonads to. Jimbo didn't seem too interested in criticism in Florida. I doubt he's changed much.

Poor Aggies

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Zwerneman is the mouth piece for (a faction of?) boosters. He's also as redass as they come - will never forget him tweeting that Rovell covering the Manziel autograph thing was because ESPN was in bed with UT due to LHN. 

A red ass t-shirt aggy. SHSU grad. 

Zwerneman is the mouth piece for (a faction of?) boosters. He's also as redass as they come - will never forget him tweeting that Rovell covering the Manziel autograph thing was because ESPN was in bed with UT due to LHN. 

The fact that he was the one that broke the SEC move will forever convince me that it was an aggy hail mary to break up the deal.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 4:17 PM, Burntcowboy said:

I was told that a family member said he would not play for Jimbo and didn’t want to go to ATM

they can say that but he has visited A&M way more than anywhere else, even Baylor. he went back to A&M three times before he actually got an offer.

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The fact that he was the one that broke the SEC move will forever convince me that it was an aggy hail mary to break up the deal.

it was absolutely that.

and in case anyone forgot, A&M actually voted for Texas and OU to join. that's the best thing entirely - they didn't even have the guts to vote against it lol

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

He was the one pushing the narrative that Charlie Strong engaged in an extramarital affair while he was at Louisville and even went as far to bring it up on ESPN. He falsely claimed that it was causing a distraction to the Longhorn football program. 

I have despised Brent Zed ever since for that below the belt shot.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, NoName said:

it was absolutely that.

and in case anyone forgot, A&M actually voted for Texas and OU to join. that's the best thing entirely - they didn't even have the guys to vote against it lol

Remembering back my favorite argument about the whole thing was "well we had a gentlemen's agreement" or whatever way it was phrased.