Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

19 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

So, in one sentence you say TCU isnā€™t top tier, but infer aggy is? Ā Do you think weā€™re relevant anywhere except our own wetdreams?

From an NIL and exposure standpoint, yes we are way beyond both. Is aggy? Not for most aspects, but a player with NFL aspirations, if you produce there you are going to get the benefit of the doubt with the league. Do you think a player that puts up numbers at UH and TCU gets the same leeway as someone at A&M?

LJ took the cash and the Jimbo sales pitch at the times when his value was the highest to date and now heā€™s no where near as valuable to a program. Heā€™s wasted 2 years of eligibility with nothing to show for it and very simply isnā€™t going to get the interest from the upper end of the P5 schools because of it.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Who is this coming from? There's already one glaring error in Donnell Harris, who medically retired from football before the season even started.

That statement Ā doesnā€™t exist according to people that have tried to search for it, but that is as easily explained by fake news/wishful thinking as to aggy information lockdowns

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

That statement Ā doesnā€™t exist according to people that have tried to search for it, but that is as easily explained by fake news/wishful thinking as to aggy information lockdowns

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-football-Donell-Harris-medically-retires--190927280/

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to the inner workings of A&M's program (other than that it's dysfunctional), but medical retirement doesn't necessarily mean you're completely disassociated from a program. He could still have been enjoying program privileges, then did something dumb, and is now "suspended from the team" meaning those privileges are gone.

I think it's just as likely that the blurb is bullshit but his inclusion doesn't make it necessarily so.Ā 

Edited by Huckleberry

15 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

"...based off truth and trust..."Ā  Ā Yep, when I think of Dumbo, I think of truth and trust.Ā  lmao

Itā€™s a proven scientific fact that the faster someone talks, the more truthful they are. Just listen to Jimbo and you know heā€™s as honest as the day is long.Ā 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

surely that's not a tacit admission of ole miss wrongdoing, right?

He is talking about a coach. There is nothing illegal with that. Then he made an ambiguous comment about A&M cheating. In that comment you could kind of infer that ole miss cheats but it isn't clear and Kiffin could just as well as be inferring that A&M outbids other schools (not named ole miss) for players.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bevo said:

He is talking about a coach. There is nothing illegal with that. Then he made an ambiguous comment about A&M cheating. In that comment you could kind of infer that ole miss cheats but it isn't clear and Kiffin could just as well as be inferring that A&M outbids other schools (not named ole miss) for players.

I made the same error. I forgot who Durkin was. It's clever of Kiffin to say this out loud about coaches while alluding to A&M buying players.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Just about anybody can do things that lead to ridicule and derisive laughter. If you're lucky, the period of ridicule passes quickly, and attention turns elsewhere. You don't become laughing stock.

A&M has arrived at that place. The disasters and embarrassments pile up starting with the App State loss followed closely by the tape from Midnight Yell where the spastic yokel tells a stupid story to yokels in the Kyle Field stands about what yokels App State people are.

Losses pile up. More stupid traditions stuff gets scrutiny. Players are now suspended for smoking dope at their lockers and other undisclosed actions. They can't fire the coach because they signed the most idiotic coach contract in college football history. Charlie Weiss? Who is he?

It's a bad spot to be in. Now, anything the Aggies do is being watched. They've framed themselves as a comical dumpster fire. People are looking to laugh at them even if they do something pretty good.Ā 

In short, they have created their brand on the national stage. It's the statewide brand they've had for more than a century: Bumbling idiots. They attract every bad stereotype about Texas. They are revealed for the cult they are.

It will take championships to erase this mark. Excellence. I don't see it happening. They're Aggies after all.

Outstanding post.Ā  I read it twice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

"Which one got his Dad a free church?Ā  He seems awfully quiet on all of this.Ā  Pops probably told him to keep his god damned shit in line."

Picture in your mind if you can, a church built by aggie engineers :)

Ā 

f8ecb169-d67a-4882-92a7-afee217d7c39-stlouis20church.jpg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, El Compadre said:

I mean what's aggy going to do? Take away an already built church? I think even they realize the optics on that would be subpar.

What if he ultimately decides to stay? Probably not best to let rumors run wild. No matter what he decides itā€™s best to look invested until the season is over.Ā 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Just about anybody can do things that lead to ridicule and derisive laughter. If you're lucky, the period of ridicule passes quickly, and attention turns elsewhere. You don't become laughing stock.

A&M has arrived at that place. The disasters and embarrassments pile up starting with the App State loss followed closely by the tape from Midnight Yell where the spastic yokel tells a stupid story to yokels in the Kyle Field stands about what yokels App State people are.

Losses pile up. More stupid traditions stuff gets scrutiny. Players are now suspended for smoking dope at their lockers and other undisclosed actions. They can't fire the coach because they signed the most idiotic coach contract in college football history. Charlie Weiss? Who is he?

It's a bad spot to be in. Now, anything the Aggies do is being watched. They've framed themselves as a comical dumpster fire. People are looking to laugh at them even if they do something pretty good.Ā 

In short, they have created their brand on the national stage. It's the statewide brand they've had for more than a century: Bumbling idiots. They attract every bad stereotype about Texas. They are revealed for the cult they are.

It will take championships to erase this mark. Excellence. I don't see it happening. They're Aggies after all.

Ā 

I mean they wished to be a national brand
* monkey paw curled*Ā 
they certainly took their aggy shit national in the most aggy way possibleĀ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

From an NIL and exposure standpoint, yes we are way beyond both. Is aggy? Not for most aspects, but a player with NFL aspirations, if you produce there you are going to get the benefit of the doubt with the league. Do you think a player that puts up numbers at UH and TCU gets the same leeway as someone at A&M?

LJ took the cash and the Jimbo sales pitch at the times when his value was the highest to date and now heā€™s no where near as valuable to a program. Heā€™s wasted 2 years of eligibility with nothing to show for it and very simply isnā€™t going to get the interest from the upper end of the P5 schools because of it.Ā 

No argument with your POV .. other than asserting aggy is top tier which I measure in results, e.g. championships. Ā Thatā€™s something they simply donā€™t produce in the major sports. Ā Cheers!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Leanderman said:

"Which one got his Dad a free church?Ā  He seems awfully quiet on all of this.Ā  Pops probably told him to keep his god damned shit in line."

Picture in your mind if you can, a church built by aggie engineers :)

Pastor, if your son plays here we will send our finest engineers have to design your new building. I am thinking a steeple made of stacked logs on end, a graveyard where your parishioners pets can be buried and watch the services, and stadium seating that looks like a tackle box.ā€

• Haha 2