Alone

futureman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm guessing because of the rona they didn't.  Based on the number of the days the winner said he was away from his family, they made them quarantine before the show started.  That was by far the worst season ever.  I hope they never do another starvation island.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

after Biko made a comment about our-starving people and some guy named Sam I read about season 5 and it says Sam won. he was the annoying young guy from season 1. and I looked at his 10 items and he took TWO food rations. and apparently just came in fat and out starved people. who watched that season and is it good? it’s one of a couple I haven’t watched. 

Edited by futureman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I hope it’s better than last season which was basically a study in starvation where folks when or lose based on their ability to shirk off the medical folks.

However this is to be the toughest yet as they are in far north Labrador fighting polar bears and snow.

I like the initial parts best as they build, forage, and hunt. Once winter sets in it’s just a pure psychological contest vs starvation, watching them lay in their shelter.

*lie

It’s an opinion. You may disagree with it but it’s not a “lie”. Don’t like it rebut it douchenozzle. It’s a fucking TV show.

It’s a simple equation. Few of these folks have enough fat stored in their food stores or bodies to offset their calorie burn and hence it’s a race of enduring starvation. Lots of the better competitors seem to have the psych makeup to endure the solitude permanently if they had enough food.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

They're gonna change their tune real fast the first time it gets colder and rains.

Or a bear shows up. I was kinda impressed with the stove the guy cobbled out of old cans. Not sure it's going to be big enough, but it should be efficient.

Edited by RPM

• 2 weeks later...

I think the producers tell them to make apologies to the animals they kill for appearances. Thank you dear lake trout!

I think that dude with the squirrel really felt he had assaulted Mother Earth and had to leave. No way he would have harvested enough protein and fat to get thru a week of big winter. Probably would have just eaten berries and moss to get by to avoid eating a mussel.

• 2 weeks later...

That lady worked on her house for a month and it's kind of shitty.  It really hasn't been good since the 100 day season.  The people aren't as interesting and they do is sit around and starve.

Edited by kevwun

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...