Alone

futureman

• 5 months later...

We just recently started watching Alone. Started season 3 last night.

On season two, when the black dude sees all the bear crap in his area and says “Fuck it, I’m out “ after being there only a few hours ..... we were watching that and I was laughing my ass off and my wife goes, “wait a minute. That guy works for our company!!”

• Haha 2

I'm new to this show as well and really like it.  I've binged a couple of seasons and am watching this one in real time.  So there are two contestants that randomly go in and out of Scottish/British accents?  That seems.....weird.

I am pretty sure that lady is crazy.  She changes accents in the middle of sentences and what she claims to have a PHD in (Stone Age skills or some other nonsense) most likely doesn't exist.  My wife is an archaeologist and has never heard of such a thing.  With the guy it's just a goofy tick I think.

Edited by kevwun

11 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

chick built a pit shelter

Impressed with the pit, but not so much with location or roof. I think she's way too close to the beach and should have done a couple feet of log wall. Center pole was badass.

Edited by RPM

I was very impressed with one of the girls in season 6, can’t remember her name.  initially thought she was annoying as shit and was actively rooting against her.  and she cut herself, stabbed herself, almost burned down her shelter, got bitten by a squirrel, and just seemed to do a lot of stupid stuff.  but I’ll be damned if she wasn’t tougher than a boiled owl and just simply would not quit.  ultimately they pulled her for losing too much weight.  

Just now catching up on this thread after watching the million dollar season, and “tougher than a boiled owl” made me laugh out loud.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just finished season 7. 
Really impressed w Callie, she was a tough chick.  Roland annoyed me from the very first episode.  I figured he'd be knocked out early, as most of the cocky big talkers tend to be.

I called the winner after episode one, although I was second guessing myself a lot.

Both the ladies from S7 were pretty badass, despite Kielyn crying all the time.

On 6/25/2021 at 7:06 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Yeah, that shocked me too. Squirrels are fucking protected?!

Them bitches need to come to west Ft. Worth, I fucking promise you squirrels ain’t protected. There would be a fucking bounty, Buddy Ryan-style. 

They eat fuckin' F350's in Wise Co. Death to all of 'em.

Finished S1. Good job to winner, I think he could have gone for awhile more. He was an interesting dude.

I kept waiting on someone to cut the shit out of themselves. Preview for S2 looks like I may see that come to fruition.

ETA: Seasons 1-4 are free (with ads) on the Roku Channel app

I haven’t seen every episode yet, but I’ve watched 1,2, most of 3, 7, and I’m caught up on 8. Here’s my question:

Why the fuck is it that every time these people catch a fish they stop fishing? When the fish are biting you keep fishing. I’m guessing they’re just so hungry they stop and go eat, but it seems short sighted.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I haven’t seen every episode yet, but I’ve watched 1,2, most of 3, 7, and I’m caught up on 8. Here’s my question:

Why the fuck is it that every time these people catch a fish they stop fishing? When the fish are biting you keep fishing. I’m guessing they’re just so hungry they stop and go eat, but it seems short sighted.

I’m no survivalist but I imagine it also has to do with a decent sized fish can feed you for a couple days and if you had more you couldn’t keep it from spoiling or some such. but then you could just eat more, I guess. but maybe your body doesn’t handle overeating well when you’ve been starving it?

E4FB305D-CA7D-4803-9261-3F14AEA9358F.jpeg

Edited by futureman

Did you know you can actually bring food as some of your 10 items? 

Yeah but I’ve never seen anyone do it.

https://www.history.com/shows/alone/articles/gear-list

Food (2 items max)

2 lbs of beef jerky (protein)
2 lbs of dried pulses/legumes/lentils mix (starch and carbs)
2 lbs of biltong (protein)
2 lbs of hard tack military biscuits (carbs/sugars)
2 lbs of chocolate (simple/complex sugars)
2 lbs of pemmican (traditional trail food made from fat and proteins)
2 lbs of GORP (raisins, chocolate, peanuts)
2 lbs of flour (starch/carbs)
2/3 lbs rice / 2/3 lb sugar / 2/3 lb of salt (all separated)

On 7/4/2021 at 10:07 PM, kevwun said:

It is weird that no one has a gill net.  I wonder if that's also prohibited there.

Can't use it until day 45, local regs. Clay is quite the badass.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1