Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

33 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

They say that they're anti-Fascist, yet keep using Brownshirt tactics:

2) In Adams Morgan, protesters screamed at Lauren B. Victor for several minutes for refusing to raise her fist with them. “Are you a Christian?” a female protester demanded. “Good for you — you stood your ground," Chuck Modiano said sarcastically as the crowd moved on.

3) Modiano, who had been yelling at Victor and moments later identified himself as a citizen journalist who writes for @Deadspin, told Victor he couldn’t understand why she was the only diner in the area who wouldn’t comply. “What was in you, you couldn’t do this?”

4) “I felt I was under attack,” Victor, an urban planner, said, adding that she felt there was something wrong about being coerced to show support.

5) “In the moment, it didn’t feel right,” Victor said, adding that she also could understand their anger. “I wasn’t actually frightened. I didn’t think they’d do anything to me,” she said. “I’m very much with them. I’ve been marching with them for weeks and weeks and weeks."

These fucking people have lost their fucking minds.  And the fact it's not receiving universal condemnation is telling.

All these "protesters" should have their ass kicked (maybe by a cop?) from DC to Kenosha.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

2) In Adams Morgan, protesters screamed at Lauren B. Victor for several minutes for refusing to raise her fist with them. “Are you a Christian?” a female protester demanded. “Good for you — you stood your ground," Chuck Modiano said sarcastically as the crowd moved on.

3) Modiano, who had been yelling at Victor and moments later identified himself as a citizen journalist who writes for @Deadspin, told Victor he couldn’t understand why she was the only diner in the area who wouldn’t comply. “What was in you, you couldn’t do this?”

4) “I felt I was under attack,” Victor, an urban planner, said, adding that she felt there was something wrong about being coerced to show support.

5) “In the moment, it didn’t feel right,” Victor said, adding that she also could understand their anger. “I wasn’t actually frightened. I didn’t think they’d do anything to me,” she said. “I’m very much with them. I’ve been marching with them for weeks and weeks and weeks."

So peaceful.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

These fucking people have lost their fucking minds.  And the fact it's not receiving universal condemnation is telling.

All these "protesters" should have their ass kicked (maybe by a cop?) from DC to Kenosha.

The suburbanites will simply abandon the urban cores of many American cities and retreat to the new entertainment districts already being developed and built in the suburbs.  The restaurants and bars and other downtown businesses will follow the money to the suburbs leaving the urban poor even further removed from jobs and opportunity.  At least gentrification should no longer be a concern after the work and entertainment crowds largely abandon urban cores.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

There were kids in the car he was possibly getting into (or getting a gun). The cops likely didn't know whose kids they were. Even if they did, you let him go?

Catching up on the thread but you are saying they tased him, failed to apprehend him from the other side of the vehicle but not 1 of the 3 cops knew kids where in the car? Another check in the shitty police work column

3 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Catching up on the thread but you are saying they tased him, failed to apprehend him from the other side of the vehicle but not 1 of the 3 cops knew kids where in the car? Another check in the shitty police work column

Tasing doesn't always work. You need one lead upper right and one lower left. If one gets a coat or if both land on the same arm, it won't do shit or will only incapacitate the arm.

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Authoritarians and intimidation. Tools of peace. 

16 minutes ago, alincoln said:

The suburbanites will simply abandon the urban cores of many American cities and retreat to the new entertainment districts already being developed and built in the suburbs.  The restaurants and bars and other downtown businesses will follow the money to the suburbs leaving the urban poor even further removed from jobs and opportunity.  At least gentrification should no longer be a concern after the work and entertainment crowds largely abandon urban cores.

Cheap high rise!!

47 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Totally knew kids were in the car (I would hope), but did they know they were his kids?

46 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Tasing doesn't always work. You need one lead upper right and one lower left. If one gets a coat or if both land on the same arm, it won't do shit or will only incapacitate the arm.

Tasers need to go the way of the dodo...a stupid fucking warning shot might be a better option than a damn taser.

Jackson, MS is 82% black.  There are no uprisings or destruction.

I mention Jackson because 10 days after the Kent State shootings this occured. Jackson State Shootings

The Jackson State shootings received little publicity and certainly not the publicity of the Kent State shootings.  If there's a community that should have pent up feelings it's Jackson yet they are dealing with what is going on in the world today peacefully.  There have been a couple of protests in Jackson but they have been peaceful.  Organizers handed out pamphlets and spoke to the media after the protest.  Perhap the protestors in these cities under fire could take a lesson from Jackson.

3 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Jackson, MS is 82% black.  There are no uprisings or destruction.

I mention Jackson because 10 days after the Kent State shootings this occured. Jackson State Shootings

The Jackson State shootings received little publicity and certainly not the publicity of the Kent State shootings.  If there's a community that should have pent up feelings it's Jackson yet they are dealing with what is going on in the world today peacefully.  There have been a couple of protests in Jackson but they have been peaceful.  Organizers handed out pamphlets and spoke to the media after the protest.  Perhap the protestors in these cities under fire could take a lesson from Jackson.

It's a bunch of rich, privileged white kids playing dress up (LARPers, if you will) and torching others' communities.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Had a knife also. Also, fear of his driving off with the kids in the car may have been a motive for the shooting, possibly crashing the car or driving it into Lake Michigan. Kids can become hostages in deranged peoples actions. This is akin to the shooting that happened earlier in the week when the guy tried to enter the store with a knife in his hand. The police could not allow a hostage situation to form. 

Edited by TexanInIowa
Spelling
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, TexanInIowa said:

Had a knife also. Also, fear of his driving off with the kids in the car may have been a motive for the shooting, possibly crashing the car or driving it into Lake Michigan. Kids can become hostages in deranged peoples actions. This is akin to the shooting that happend earlier in the week when the guy tried to enter the store with a knife in his hand. The police could not allow a hostage situation to form. 

The only deranged person in that entire scene is the man who shot into a car full of kids.

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

Had a knife also. Also, fear of his driving off with the kids in the car may have been a motive for the shooting, possibly crashing the car or driving it into Lake Michigan. Kids can become hostages in deranged peoples actions. This is akin to the shooting that happened earlier in the week when the guy tried to enter the store with a knife in his hand. The police could not allow a hostage situation to form. 

If he drove off in a chase or dangerously due to the taser or adrenaline he could have injured or killed his kids in the car, or an innocent bystander/driver. At that point the criticism would pivot to why didn’t the police do more to stop him before he drove off.

Had the officers tackled or choked him out before he got in the car as others suggested before the shooting, we would be hearing about the strangulation epidemic with police officers.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

Police are trained to never allow hostage situations. Just sayin.

What reason was there to believe he was going to threaten his kids? Are the cops trained and experienced enough to make that determination?

Cops being trained to do something doesn't make it right or morally justifiable.

They shot into a car full of kids.

7 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

True, plus people do kill their own kids when they know they are going to prison. Some people are just crazy. He was looking at 8 1/2 years from a weapons issue back on 7/6.

And cops beat their wives and kids at alarming rates. Everytime a cop is angry and going home should someone kill that cop to protect the wife?

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What reason was there to believe he was going to threaten his kids? Are the cops trained and experienced enough to make that determination?

Cops being trained to do something doesn't make it right or morally justifiable. 

They shot into a car full of kids.

And cops beat their wives and kids at alarming rates. Everytime a cop is angry and going home should someone kill that cop to protect the wife?

Now you are just trying to be incendiary. Your argument is ridiculous. 

Cops have a tough job being made impossible by the media and the Democratic Party. That is why their suicide rates are so high. 

What surprises me is how the Democratic Party has turned its back on the Police and Firefighter unions, and defacto the civil workers throughout most all cities and towns. This used to their base. Now they pander to Antifa radicals and BLM Marxists.

Both Biden and the Governor of Wisconsin took the BLM line before the facts came out. BIG MISTAKE. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

Now you are just trying to be incendiary. Your argument is ridiculous. 

Yes, it is incendiary to bring up how often cops beat their wives and kids. It's not a lie, but it's incendiary and intended to create a negative imagine of people involved in this scenario. Which is exactly what you and others do by assassinating the character of the father who was just shot in a car with his kids.

As for all the political stuff, there's a forum called "Politics" for that and it ain't here. :)

32 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

True, plus people do kill their own kids when they know they are going to prison. Some people are just crazy. He was looking at 8 1/2 years from a weapons issue back on 7/6.

30 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

Police are trained to never allow hostage situations. Just sayin.

So now you're telling us the cops are mind readers.

spacer.png

If three cops can't take down a single guy who may or may not have had a knife when he walked around the front of his minivan, those cops need to be fucking fired, and training needs to be revamped, and somebody who is confident in their abilities brought in.  Get rid of the cowardly cops.

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

spacer.png

If three cops can't take down a single guy who may or may not have had a knife when he walked around the front of his minivan, those cops need to be fucking fired, and training needs to be revamped, and somebody who is confident in their abilities brought in.  Get rid of the cowardly cops.

The van itself becomes a weapon. He could have killed his kids. He was agitated.  People drive their kids into lakes and rivers when despondent. This is policy, do not allow hostage situations.

Isn't your call to get rid of the cowardly cops a call to defund the Police?  They have a politics group for that. 

Edited by TexanInIowa
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

spacer.png

No one wants to get stabbed. I double dog dare you and two friends to take a kerambit away from someone who intends to inflict harm. There is a reason they are considered deadly weapons.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexanInIowa said:

The van itself becomes a weapon. He could have killed his kids. He was agitated.  People drive their kids into lakes and rivers when despondent. This is policy, do not allow hostage situations.

And cops beat their wives and kids 2-4x more than everyone else. Lots of things happen. Do we hang individuals based on ideas that scare us instead of the evidence of what we see?

Isn't your call to get rid of the cowardly cops a call to defund the Police?  They have a politics group for that. 

Hey bud you should stop with politics here and go to the politics forum.