Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

1 hour ago, TexanInIowa said:

Isn't your call to get rid of the cowardly cops a call to defund the Police?  They have a politics group for that. 

No, it’s not a call to defund the police, it’s a call to get rid of incompetence.   It’s no different than a football team dumping a receiver because he can’t catch for shit, and he drops what he catches   

If you want to talk about defunding he police, you can head to CR.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

No one wants to get stabbed. I double dog dare you and two friends to take a kerambit away from someone who intends to inflict harm. There is a reason they are considered deadly weapons.

Then you fucking shoot him when he’s in the open and not in a vehicle with three kids.  

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Where’s the funny part?

I agree. Nothing funny about the disastrous public education that the have-nots have gotten (or not gotten, we should say) due to poverty and institutional racism that leaves poor people overwhelmingly likely to be products of broken homes in poor districts where education is not emphasized.

Very tone-deaf of those making fun of poor people with poor skills and/or dyslexics. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

I agree. Nothing funny about the disastrous public education that the have-nots have gotten (or not gotten, we should say) due to poverty and institutional racism that leaves poor people overwhelmingly likely to be products of broken homes in poor districts where education is not emphasized.

Very tone-deaf of those making fun of poor people with poor skills and/or dyslexics. 

You know where there are good schools?  In the part town where the residents don’t burn shit down because they can. No one is going to invest in business there, why would you?  You know who is going to buy up the trashed out realty behind the scenes. Perpetual cycle. 

• Hook 'Em 5

According to different twitter accounts, a man was looting another used car lot, got shot in the head, so they started chasing the man on foot who did it, so he turned and shot 2 more and they stopped chasing him. They then went back to burn the used car lot, but the police showed up. One guy got shot in the stomach, the other in the arm, looking at the guy's arm after he got shot in it, I'm betting he loses it above the elbow. He was also carrying. 

Edited by MillerEP

There are conflicting reports.  If you watch the video it's clear that the guy being chased wasn't the only person firing a weapon.  The guy that got shot in the arm also had a handgun.  What is clear is that the powers that be in Kenosha need to get a grip on what's going on in that city or there will be more deaths.

24-48 rule as always need apply here, but from the initial video, it looked like legitimate self defense.  But still...No one should cheer this loss of life. Even if it is self-defense, it is still tragic.

Further, this is on the WI governor for not stopping the riots. When there is no law enforcement, there is anarchy, and this is the result of anarchy.

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

24-48 rule as always need apply here, but from the initial video, it looked like legitimate self defense.  But still...No one should cheer this loss of life. Even if it is self-defense, it is still tragic.

Further, this is on the WI governor for not stopping the riots. When there is no law enforcement, there is anarchy, and this is the result of anarchy.

I mean he called on the legislature to have a special session.  What do you want him to do...actually lead?  pfft...

• Like 1

Here is the timeline that is emerging.

1. A group of guys goes out into the riot area armed, to protect property

2. They seem to be showing restraint, even after being pepper sprayed. At least one guy is offering medical aid to people.

3. Marchers and gun group have some sort of confrontation. Gun group appears to be pulling back.

4. One marcher (red shirt bald white guy) gets agitated and demands to be shot.

5. Gun guy is seen running from someone chasing him with a Molotov cocktail. Red shirt bald guy, apparently. Red shirt bald guy pursues him further, gunman shoots him in the head, not clear if it is a graze or if red shirt bald guy dies.

6. Gunman runs away. Crowd starts yelling "he shot him." Gunman is pursued and tackled.

7. Gunman shoots at his attackers. One shot in the arm with massive blood spray.

8. Gunman fires several shots in air and at ground as warnings. Crowd disperses from him.

9. Gunman walks towards police and seemingly tries to turn himself in to cops.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yeah, and I know some on here will try to say something stupid about being a tough guy or some Militia wannabe. I just know that there are a lot of well armed people in the suburbs where I live and these people will not sit idly by while someone sets their house on fire or otherwise attempts to damage their property.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yeah, and I know some on here will try to say something stupid about being a tough guy or some Militia wannabe. I just know that there are a lot of well armed people in the suburbs where I live and this people will not sit idly by while someone sets their house on fire or otherwise attempts to damage their property.

Lol, this crazy bastard is my neighbor (sort of, same subdivision phase in Frisco)....seem the jeep parked out front more than once and left a drool stain on the pavement.  Another dude was a pilot in the 160th and still has his nods.

So again, good luck...

c9f467f276bbf84be17565f4deae0248.jpg

The second those little morons turned down the street....

21614746.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Lol, this crazy bastard is my neighbor (sort of, same subdivision phase in Frisco)....seem the jeep parked out front more than once and left a drool stain on the pavement.  Another dude was a pilot in the 160th and still has his nods.

So again, good luck...

21614746.gif

Do you have to prop yourself on the spare tire to use the turret-mounted gun?

2 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Do you have to prop yourself on the spare tire to use the turret-mounted gun?

Right.  No clue, or how you'd box the shit out of the drivers ears.  They'd be deaf after the first shot.  Or how the vehicle (or any vehicle really) offers zero protection.  But hey, it looks cool.  

So again, good luck...
21614746.gif

That’s both awesome and frightening. I may or not have 3 guns with differing uses and I know that I am on the lighter end of number of guns owned.

20 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Me telling you I'm armed,  the  sound of a pump shotgun chambering a shell, Rock salt, bird shot, bird shot, double ought buck shot.

That's my response to anyone  threatening my home and family. 

Please don't ever do this if you are in fact faced with a home invasion.  Nobody knows the interior layout of your house better than you, and the invader does not know where you are or whether you are armed.  Do not give up the single most important tactical advantage you have.  And if you have others in the house, stay away from 00 buck, it penetrates interior walls more than almost any other option.  BB or 000 at the largest.  Don't use bird, it's worthless except on birds - even at close range.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Let me critique...

1) Zero need to tell someone you're armed while holding a pump action shot gun.

2) What, are you in a fucking movie? The director want some stereo type action sequence? No? Why in the FUCK don't you already have a round chambered.

3) You recently watch Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds? No? The fuck you need bird shot for?

1. If it's  dark and visibility is low, and I want to be sure you fucking know I am.

2. Don't keep loaded guns in my hime, but ammo is very handy.

3. Not my favorite Hitchcock movie.  I don't wanna kill anyone, and rock salt will sure as shit hurt, and or discourage further aggression, bird shot will step it up, draw some blood, and inflict serious non lethal pain. BUCK SHOT:  I warned you, now you're probably dead.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Not my favorite Hitchcock movie.  I don't wanna kill anyone, and rock salt will sure as shit hurt, and or discourage further aggression, bird shot will step it up, draw some blood, and inflict serious non lethal pain. BUCK SHOT:  I warned you, now you're probably dead.

Yeah, don't do this.  If they cross the threshold and have entered the house, and you pop them with rock salt or bird shot and they are armed, or there is more than one...it's your ass.  Again, 00 buck not a great option, but better than bird shot (which is worthless).  If you have people on the same level of the house you are using, it can and will penetrate interior walls, be mindful of this.  

• Like 1

You want a good deterrent while you orient yourself (because bad things tend to happen when you are least prepared), get a territorial dog.  Best alarm system on the planet.  Hell, my aunt in Brownwood had a pack of Chihuahua dogs and geese.  A team of Tier 1 operators wouldn't be able to get within 50yds of her house.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Weapons, and more, for cops: Portland-area police get $2M in surplus military equipment - Portland Press Herald
https://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/29/weapons-and-more-for-cops-portland-area-police-get-2m-in-surplus-military-equipment/

Trump lifted limits on military gear for police, but surplus program in Washington has grown all along | The Seattle Times
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/police-in-washington-state-got-military-hardware-even-under-obama-era-restrictions/

Rifles, mine-resistant vehicles, robots: How Colorado police have used a federal program to stockpile military gear – The Colorado Sun
https://coloradosun.com/2020/07/07/colorado-police-military-equipment-protests/

APD & the 1033 - Feedback - The Austin Chronicle
https://www.austinchronicle.com/feedback/2020-07-19/2744661/

That’s not fair!!!

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

5. Gun guy is seen running from someone chasing him with a Molotov cocktail. Red shirt bald guy, apparently. Red shirt bald guy pursues him further, gunman shoots him in the head, not clear if it is a graze or if red shirt bald guy dies.

some say molotov, some say plastic bag

Also the "gun guy" was a 17 year old who took a gun across state lines to shoot someone. That's several felonies.

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Geese... She has fucking geese... and Chihuahua(s) fucking PLURAL?!?

Why don't she go ahead and get a Swan, some mocking birds, Death Hornets and some claymores to round out the set?

Goddamn geese.  Mean as hell.  And not those little, cute Taco Ball commercial chihuahuas....no, she had those bug-eyed, snaggle-toothed fuckers that would bite.  But they kept her safe when her husband passed.  

b79e75d7970d1758fd23268c402e4086.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

So again, good luck...

21614746.gif

What a fucking asshole....

• Hook 'Em 1