Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

What a fucking asshole....

He has land near DFW and a fat fucking wallet.  So he takes vets, especially those wounded in combat out and lets them have a blast on his place shooting every gun he owns and laughing and cooking.  Yeah, he's a real fucking asshole, helping wounded warriors acclimate back after the ultimate physical and emotional sacrifice while dick bags like us post online.....

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

He has land near DFW and a fat fucking wallet.  So he takes vets, especially those wounded in combat out and lets them have a blast on his place shooting every gun he owns and laughing and cooking.  Yeah, he's a real fucking asshole, helping wounded warriors acclimate back after the ultimate physical and emotional sacrifice while dick bags like us post online.....

I don’t think you know what ‘ultimate’ means...

Unrelated, yet very related:

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/08/26/minneapolis-man-lionel-timms-accused-in-serious-assault-after-being-bailed-out-by-mn-freedom-fund/

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 32-year-old Minneapolis man, who was bailed out of jail by the Minnesota Freedom Fund in July after an alleged assault, is accused in another assault that left the victim with a traumatic brain injury.

According to the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, Lionel Timms faces one felony count of third-degree assault — causing substantial bodily harm — in connection to the Aug. 14 incident.

The morning of the incident, Timms allegedly punched and kicked a victim in an alley located on the 300 block of Hennepin Avenue East. Witnesses reported seeing the victim being kicked while on the ground. Timms was arrested in the early afternoon after the report of a suspicious person, the complaint said.

The victim is being treated at Hennepin Healthcare for a traumatic brain injury, a fractured skull and a brain bleed. The victim also needed stitches.

In a statement released Wednesday, the Minnesota Freedom Fund said it is “deeply saddened and troubled” by the arrest of Timms in connection to the August assault of a “popular and well-respected member of our community.”

According to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, Timms’ attorney requested bail on July 27, two weeks after Timms was detained. According to Hennepin County, Timms was accused of assaulting a person on a bus in Bloomington on July 11, and faces an identical felony assault charge in that case.

“We paid his bail after working to first ensure that Mr. Timms would be provided with housing and other necessary support as Mr. Timms requested,” the Minnesota Freedom Fund said. “Delays in the government’s processing of his release prevented him from receiving that assistance, setting the stage for the subsequent tragedy.”

The Minnesota Freedom Fund says the criminal justice system failed in this case, but it “didn’t do enough to mitigate that damage” by giving Timms the support he needed. The nonprofit says it will improve procedures for supporting those it bails out of jail. (snip)

9 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Lol, this crazy bastard is my neighbor (sort of, same subdivision phase in Frisco)....seem the jeep parked out front more than once and left a drool stain on the pavement.  Another dude was a pilot in the 160th and still has his nods.

So again, good luck...

c9f467f276bbf84be17565f4deae0248.jpg

The second those little morons turned down the street....

21614746.gif

Your neighbor must have the tiniest penis ever observed under a microscope. He doesn't need something like that to help wounded vets.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

“We paid his bail after working to first ensure that Mr. Timms would be provided with housing and other necessary support as Mr. Timms requested,” the Minnesota Freedom Fund said. “Delays in the government’s processing of his release prevented him from receiving that assistance, setting the stage for the subsequent tragedy.”

The Minnesota Freedom Fund says the criminal justice system failed in this case, but it “didn’t do enough to mitigate that damage” by giving Timms the support he needed. The nonprofit says it will improve procedures for supporting those it bails out of jail. (snip)

The Minnesota Freedom Fund about now...spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

spacer.png

Several new videos of rioting and protests last night (including a white protester calling a black police officer an Uncle Tom).

Didn’t see much social distancing in those videos and those who were wearing masks were wearing them incorrectly.

I wonder how much attention by the media that will get today...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Several new videos of rioting and protests last night (including a white protester calling a black police officer an Uncle Tom).

Didn’t see much social distancing in those videos and those who were wearing masks were wearing them incorrectly.

I wonder how much attention by the media that will get today...

Won't matter, they're peaceful protesters (and you can't get Covid when you're protesting). Fires are just weenie roasts, and s'more parties don'tchaknow...  Koom-ba ya my lord......  The narrative from places like CNN have spelled that out countless times now since all these peaceful protests started.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

On a phone so can’t embed the videos but holy shit.

How in the world are the stunts that protesters are doing not receiving universal condemnation?

Probably because people are more angry about the wanton murder and terrorizing of citizens by uniformed police officers who we pay for the privilege

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

The actual study has some pretty good visualizations set up to show where the violence has been most visible/tracked. 

64 cases of simple assault, 38 incidents of vigilantes driving cars into demonstrators, and nine times shots were fired at protesters. All told, six protesters were hit by vigilante bullets in this summer’s violence. Three died from their wounds. The dataset also includes 387 incidents of intimidation, such as people using racist slurs, making threats and brandishing firearms. 

Still more stories emerged this summer of cops themselves relishing violence against protesters. 

A police chief in Sioux Rapids, Iowa, was suspended for two weeks after writing a Facebook comment encouraging people to drive their cars through Black Lives Matter demonstrators.

“HIT THE GAS AND HANG ON FOR THE SPEED BUMPS,” he wrote. 

And in Wilmington, North Carolina, three white police officers were fired after being caught on camera using racial slurs while discussing massacring Black protesters.

“We are just going to go out and start slaughtering them fucking niggers,” one officer said. 

“Wipe ’em off the fucking map,” the same officer said. “That’ll put ’em back about four or five generations

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Probably because people are more angry about the wanton murder and terrorizing of citizens by uniformed police officers who we pay for the privilege

Though true the latest round of rioting in Minny was a over a man who was a MURDER suspect and shot himself (on video which was released to public) as police were closing in. I understand the doubt and mistrust and suspicion. But not everyone is a Breonna Taylor or George Floyd, etc...There are so many whose names I remember (too many) and we should all remember and it is beyond terrible. It needs to stop.  But the shit that just happened over a murder suspect that shoots himself? Even after videos are released? The riots are eroding what was a peaceful and awesome movement for change. Period. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

But the shit that just happened over a murder suspect that shoots himself? Even after videos are released? The riots are eroding what was a peaceful and awesome movement for change. Period.

Are you interested in thinking about why someone shooting himself while being pursued by police would intersect with the larger cultural backlash against state violence? I ask because you asked questions and then immediately came up with a conclusion that it's absurd, so I don't want to waste your time and mine by talking it through if you're not interested.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Are you interested in thinking about why someone shooting himself while being pursued by police would intersect with the larger cultural backlash against state violence? I ask because you asked questions and then immediately came up with a conclusion that it's absurd, so I don't want to waste your time and mine by talking it through if you're not interested.

Is this a serious question?  you are letting it show.  don't let it show.

• Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Not really, riots are not justified. They are not helping the movement for equality. They are not about justice. Those people going down there to confront the rioters need to stay home.  It won’t stop the rioting. 
The man who shot himself was a murder suspect—not that I should expect those rioting for the past 3 months to process that and understand that bc they are not capable of either. Probably what you think of me. According to many of you who detest the riots but keep trying to explain the motivation behind them—-they can’t be reasoned with and can’t be expected to be reasoned with. 

The more the riots continue the more frustrated and angry those not rioting will get. And the more they will want some type of authority military or police or both to crack down on the rioters. But hey, the rioters should keep it up if they want 4 more years. The perception Many have (whether it is true or not/ right or wrong) is that the local and state leadership where the riots are occurring is preventing this intervention by military/police. 

I have explained myself the best way I know how. Take it or leave it. IDGAF!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Is this a serious question?  you are letting it show.  don't let it show.

Why are you engaging with this CR troll.  Quit validating this dick bag.  You know there is no amount of evidence or reason that will move him off his augured-in talking points he's trying to spread.   

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Not really, riots are not justified.

"Explanation" and "justification" aren't synonyms.

The man who shot himself was a murder suspect—not that I should expect those rioting for the past 3 months to process that and understand that bc they are not capable of either. Probably what you think of me. According to many of you who detest the riots but keep trying to explain the motivation behind them—-they can’t be reasoned with and can’t be expected to be reasoned with. 

The more the riots continue the more frustrated and angry those not rioting will get. And the more they will want some type of authority military or police or both to crack down on the rioters. But hey, the rioters should keep it up if they want 4 more years. The perception Many have (whether it is true or not/ right or wrong) is that the local and state leadership where the riots are occurring is preventing this intervention by military/police. 

You simultaneously understand that the rioters are not operating with an organizing principle or goal AND you seem intent on pointing out the futility of their actions to achieve a goal you know they don't have. You've made yourself furious by not acknowledging the dissonance in your mind.

Which is it:
1) The rioters are politically-motivated actors attempting to achieve a policy goal through their actions.
2) The rioters are disorganized and opportunistic with little/zero interest in policy goals.

Choose one and stick with it. You will find your thoughts more organized. (It's #2, by the way.)

The rioters do not have a cause they are advancing beyond the immediate expression of rage and confusion. They cannot hurt their own cause because they don't have one.

If they are hurting the cause of the peaceful protesters that should only INCREASE your sympathy for the cause of the peaceful protesters and INCREASE your desire to defend the peaceful protesters against conflation with the rioters. Yet you do the opposite, because your own mind isn't settled.

---------------

The murder suspect runs from cops and kills himself while being closed in on.

Why does this trigger riots/rioters?

It brings questions to their minds that might not come to yours:
- "Is he being framed?"
- "Can he expect fair treatment?"
- "Will he get a fair hearing?"
- "How will he be treated in prison?"

And on and on. These questions are just more fuel for the existing fire.

And a reminder again... "Explanation" and "justification" aren't synonyms.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/28/portland-violence-far-right-protests-police

Over the last three months in Portland, mass protests against police violence and racism gradually gave way to nightly often violent standoffs between a core of pro-Black Lives Matter and anti-fascist protesters and law enforcement.

But in the past week the city has fallen back into a pattern of more politically polarized street violence which has marked the city throughout the Trump era, with broadly leftwing and anti-fascist activists sometimes facing off against far-right groups.

Last weekend a rightwing “Say no to Marxism in America” rally saw serious, widespread violence. Much of it came from rally attendees – who included members of far-right groups like the Proud Boys – and was directed not only at leftist counter-protesters, but also reporters.

One rightwing protester drew a firearm on opposing protesters. Earlier, he had fired a paintball gun into the crowd, and a local journalist was caught in the crossfire. Others appeared to be armed with firearms and knives. Some carried wooden shields with nails driven through them.

One pro-Trump protester took to a snack van with a baseball bat. Others joined in and destroyed the vehicle.

Near the peak of Saturday’s violence, a reporter’s hand was broken by a rightwing protester with a baton, and video of the incident went viral on social media. That reporter, Robert Evans, has been covering the protests since they began, for Bellingcat and other outlets.

That assailant was identified by Bellingcat on Tuesday as Travis Taylor, a Portland-based Proud Boy who has been previously observed attending violent street demonstrations in the city.

In a telephone conversation, Evans told the Guardian that the rightwing demonstrators “absolutely came prepared to fight”, were “very aggressive from the jump” and were equipped with “knives, guns, paintball guns with frozen pellets, batons”.

Neither the Portland police bureau (PPB) nor the Multnomah county district attorney (MCDA) responded to questions about whether Taylor would be charged or prosecuted over the incident.

Oh why won't these boogaloo boys police their own??? They're really letting down their own cause by resorting to violence and the worst sin of all - PROPERTY DAMAGE!!!!111!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN!!!

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/28/portland-violence-far-right-protests-police

Oh why won't these boogaloo boys police their own??? They're really letting down their own cause by resorting to violence and the worst sin of all - PROPERTY DAMAGE!!!!111!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN!!!

Yeah, I saw the video. Fuck antifa. Last night, was actually peaceful from their assholeness.