Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

6 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Posted again, video showing the altercation. There's a guy who's wearing white on his upper body walking behind a car at the beginning. That's the shooter. Victim is wearing light shorts and a black shirt. Not clear who is doing the shouting. Tweet above indicates that the shouting is done to identify the victim to a mob immediately before he is killed - it is not clear that there is a mob, or that the victim was the person being identified to others or if it was the other way around.  Personally I think it's the other way around as the shooter is walking away from the victim, but that is not clear.  Victim sprays mace (a cloud appears, later in the video the cameraman comments on mace in his eyes), the shooter fires immediately. Clear in the video that those two things happened in very close proximity, not clear if the mace was precipitated by a gun being pointed, the other way around, or what.

Screen-Shot-2020-08-30-at-12-39-11-PM.pn

The man bent over in the second picture who declined to be interviewed is likely the victim

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Posted again, video showing the altercation. There's a guy who's wearing white on his upper body walking behind a car at the beginning. That's the shooter. Victim is wearing light shorts and a black shirt. Not clear who is doing the shouting. Tweet above indicates that the shouting is done to identify the victim to a mob immediately before he is killed - it is not clear that there is a mob, or that the victim was the person being identified to others or if it was the other way around.  Personally I think it's the other way around as the shooter is walking away from the victim, but that is not clear.  Victim sprays mace (a cloud appears, later in the video the cameraman comments on mace in his eyes), the shooter fires immediately. Clear in the video that those two things happened in very close proximity, not clear if the mace was precipitated by a gun being pointed, the other way around, or what.

Screen-Shot-2020-08-30-at-12-39-11-PM.pn

The man bent over in the second picture who declined to be interviewed is likely the victim

Thanks for additional context. I posted the tweet for the video. I tend to give whatever context people provide with a video on Twitter not a lot of credence. 

Edited by Telegraph_it
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

A grifter who poses as a journalist. He helps instigate violent confrontations (Cider Riot) and doxxes people. He's a liar who releases manipulated video and shock headlines for clicks from idiots.

He also makes kill lists for nazis.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

That is interesting video in the sense that the high level reporting on the shooting indicates it occurred in the protests, but this appears to be on the periphery.  Not that it ameliorates or amplifies the issue.

It would only seem to be a matter of time until there is a mass shooting at one of the protests. 

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

That is interesting video in the sense that the high level reporting on the shooting indicates it occurred in the protests, but this appears to be on the periphery.  Not that it ameliorates or amplifies the issue.

It would only seem to be a matter of time until there is a mass shooting at one of the protests. 

I want to jump at the chance to agree with you. This will happen.

Lots of discussion on who is getting burnt, if the right people are on fire/who deserves to burn, etc, but the issue is the fire. This shit is out of control, and I think we can probably all agree that nothing is going to be done to rein it in (while we disagree on what effective action would look like), which is a serious problem facing our country. I was joking about the civil war above, but there is definitely going to be a lot of American on American violence.

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

What? A kill list?

This is a meme.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No I was speaking abbot the general situation. It has happened where people in. vehicles close have been mobbed and attacked. That one may not be an example, but there are many out there.  I love you trying to once again try to deflect, and ignore the larger reality.

Please tell me of the situations in which people in vehicles have been attacked by protesters.

I don't know of any. But there are many, so it should be easy for you to pepper me with them.

21 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

The media is here to demonize popular movements and sell drama.

5 hours ago, Captainant said:

1) it's when the federal government sends in military forces without the consent of the state that it's inciting riots. Stop conflating the two. 

2) it's almost as if the candidate with the ability to escalate the violence has also made the violence a central point of his campaign or something...

Got any more qanon horseshit to post here? Maybe some hot tips about a pizza parlor or flat earth?

How do you know it’s not flat? Have you seen it from space?

Since were both half cloakrooming it here I’ll respond...Biden could have stepped up at any point over the last couple of months or so and condemned the rioting/looting/violence, and has not.  They are his supporters, not Trumps. It’s almost like blaming Trump for problems democrats have caused is the central point of his campaign. 

Edited by blacklab
time off for politics

57 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Please tell me of the situations in which people in vehicles have been attacked by protesters.

I don't know of any. But there are many, so it should be easy for you to pepper me with them.

There's a common phrase we use here in America when people pose stupid questions or try to be obtusely, ignorant of documented facts.  

Fuck off.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not speaking to single incidents.  There are for damn sure right wing assholes responding  to the protestors.  My response is more to the whitewashing, and creative editing that's been going on in a desperate attempt top make the protestors appear peaceful They are anything but and are using tactics that are morally, ethically, vulgar, and criminal.

I presume that you are speaking about the Trumpers, who, on video, just used their trucks as a deadly weapon, running a red light and through a cross walk to damn near kill pedestrians who had the superior legal right to be in that crosswalk.

I mean, gosh, the Trump crowd might have had a legitimate message, but because they used illegal and violent tactics, their cause is garbage.

That’s how this works, right? Just trying to follow your example.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The family that was in the big truck pulling a horse trailer comes to mind. Man, that was a toughie 

• Fuck You 1

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I presume that you are speaking about the Trumpers, who, on video, just used their trucks as a deadly weapon, running a red light and through a cross walk to damn near kill pedestrians who had the superior legal right to be in that crosswalk.

I mean, gosh, the Trump crowd might have had a legitimate message, but because they used illegal and violent tactics, their cause is garbage.

That’s how this works, right? Just trying to follow your example.

I'm presuming anyone who does it, and then people try to deny it's happened. If you're trying to deny it isn't being done by some of the peaceful protesters, you're a lying, hypocritical hack, and not worth ever engaging again.  

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm presuming anyone who does it, and then people try to deny it's happened. If you're trying to deny it isn't being done by some of the peaceful protesters, you're a lying, hypocritical hack, and not worth ever engaging again.  

You just now are figuring that out?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

If someone commits violence....they are by definition not a "peaceful protester."

I ask again -- it has been made crystal clear on this board that the BLM movement has been delegitimized by those who commit lawless violence in its name.  So just one question: does that rule also apply to Trumpism, which has people literally carrying its flags committing lawless violence in its name?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If someone commits violence....they are by definition not a "peaceful protester."

I ask again -- it has been made crystal clear on this board that the BLM movement has been delegitimized by those who commit lawless violence in its name.  So just one question: does that rule also apply to Trumpism, which has people literally carrying its flags committing lawless violence in its name?

Boy you are smart. Too bad the media, and certain posters here don't acknowledge the violence committed for going on 4 months now by BLM supporters, and the peaceful protestors (the media keeps calling the rioters and looters).  The media keeps reporting that they are peaceful. It's been their running narrative since day one.

Anyone taking it upon themselves to violate anyone else regardless of their politics is a criminal POS.  Yes right wing dumb asses have run people over for sure.  BLM protesters have indeed attacked people in vehicles, and the lie that they haven't needs to stop.  And no I'm not going thru the hundreds of videos of BLM protesters harassing people on the street, people in vehicles, a father and his 9 year old child, old people, anyone who dares to disagree with their right to riot and force their particular point of view on others..... and posting it here to validate what's been shown on countless media outlets.

You have never, nor will you ever see me deny that right Wing wack jobs have committed acts of violence. You cannot say that about certain. posters here BT looking right at you about the BLM protests.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Boy you are smart. Too bad the media, and certain posters here don't acknowledge the violence committed for going on 4 months now by BLM supporters, and the peaceful protestors (the media keeps calling the rioters and looters).  The media keeps reporting that they are peaceful. It's been their running narrative since day one.

Anyone taking it upon themselves to violate anyone else regardless of their politics is a criminal POS.  Yes right wing dumb asses have run people over for sure.  BLM protesters have indeed attacked people in vehicles, and the lie that they haven't needs to stop.  And no I'm not going thru the hundreds of videos of BLM protesters harassing people on the street, people in vehicles, a father and his 9 year old child, old people, anyone who dares to disagree with their right to riot and force their particular point of view on others..... and posting it here to validate what's been shown on countless media outlets.

Cool, so answer my question -- since the BLM movement is now illegitimate because of violence committed ostensibly in its name (see how I'm not arguing with you?  See how I am not denying, and never have denied, that significant violence has happened?), is the Trumpism movement now illegitimate as well?

I'm not asking if bad actors are bad -- we've established that they are.  I'm asking if the actions of these bad actors render an entire movement illegitimate -- you have consistently taken that position.  I'm just asking if you're going to be consistent.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool, so answer my question -- since the BLM movement is now illegitimate because of violence committed ostensibly in its name (see how I'm not arguing with you?  See how I am not denying, and never have denied, that significant violence has happened?), is the Trumpism movement now illegitimate as well?

I'm not asking if bad actors are bad -- we've established that they are.  I'm asking if the actions of these bad actors render an entire movement illegitimate -- you have consistently taken that position.  I'm just asking if you're going to be consistent.

Yeah nice try at a very very lame gotcha attempt. I have not said the black live matter cause is illegit. Not gonna go down your worm hole you have at it though.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Some advice to the protesters.  Don't take your kids with you when your fellow "protesters" are rioting and setting buildings on fire.  Should be charged with child endangerment.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah nice try at a very very lame gotcha attempt. I have not said the black live matter cause is illegit. Not gonna go down your worm hole you have at it though.

You don't have to go down a worm hole -- you already dug it:

Yeah the second you loot you're a criminal, and your protest is dead in my opinion. There's not one bit of grey area there.

Looters are looking out for their own self interests don't even try to say it's anything else. BLM. com certainly seems like a good idea, but I think the message gets lost when so many within the movement are promoting more violence, and unrest. 

Pussies every single one of them. Their parents should all be collectively bitch slapped continually for 48 hours, then presented with a bill for all the "peaceful protesting" aftermath these little dears have caused. Fuck em all. They've lost their legitimacy. If you side with them at this point, you're part of the problem.

So I'll just ask it again - having seen people with large trucks and Trump flags illegally running lights and into signal-protected crosswalks to terrorize pedestrians, do you believe that the Trump movement "is dead in my opinion.  There's not one bit of grey area there."  Because they have committed lawless acts of violence, do you believe "They've lost their legitimacy. If you side with them at this point, you're part of the problem?"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, leaf said:

Some advice to the protesters.  Don't take your kids with you when your fellow "protesters" are rioting and setting buildings on fire.

This.  If you're taking your children into downtown Portland at night then you're a shit fucking parent. 

Edited by TriStone
  • Hook 'Em 4

Violence definitely happens at BLM protests. Never denied that.

The reality is that BLM rallies are characterized heavily by their peaceful nature.  Tens of millions of Americans have participated in BLM rallies. And while it's absolutely true that pro-BLM people have engaged in violence, it's vanishingly rare and non-lethal. The body count racked up by pro-BLM individuals at demonstrations is... what? I'm not saying it's zero, but no honest person looking at the facts could characterize this movement as violent/deadly.

If they're using emotion? Yes. They can make an emotional or irrational argument (no, brotha, that isn't racist for me to say) that doesn't need facts or data. It satisfies some feeling or bias in their hearts so they'll make the argument regardless of logical merit.

"Violence" I am using to mean actions taken to physically hurt a person. I'm not counting property crime (smashing windows or tearing up supply drops) as "violence".

The "anti"-BLM movement is far more violent. The numbers of participants are fractional compared to BLM, their body count is larger, and on average the anti-BLM participant is far more likely to be armed and motivated by factional anger than their BLM counterpart.

This matters not simply because we all have natural allegiances, but if we are ACTUALLY WORRIED about social cohesion and mass violence and death, it's pretty clear what the most pressing issue is.

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t understand why it’s become so difficult to get factual information about what the hell is really happening in Portland

i feel like we get better reporting on what is happening in the Middle East than fucking Portland. 

As I was saying, the anti-BLM side is far more violent on a per capita basis than the BLM side. 

This reality has been their "warning"/brag for years at this point; the whole "if there's a civil war, we're going to win because we've got the guns and we aren't pussies, we fight". They have been activated and it's only going to get more deadly as they show up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t understand why it’s become so difficult to get factual information about what the hell is really happening in Portland

It's not. 

Important persons with selfish goals report things other than facts. They count on an audience believing what they are looking for. It's deplorable whenever and wherever it happens.