EPL 2017-2018

sidis

Soton's CBs suck.. i think about all the good to great ones we have had.. Lovren, Fonte, Alderweireld, Van Dijk.
Replacing with cheaper unknown players is always risky, and it has not worked out. Hoedt, Yoshida, and Stephens are all Championship quality CBs, which unironically is where we will be playing next season. They ought to fit right in.
I miss the team we once had.

we have given away 9 goals in the last 3 PL matches. compare that to Liverpool who have give away only 9 goals in the last 10 PL matches!

I'd gladly give you back Lallana and Lovren to rebuild from the ashes in the Championship.

This is so bad. Kane should be embarrassed. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/661917?sf186748409=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Harry Kane has been awarded Tottenham Hotspur’s second goal in their 2-1 win against Stoke City on Saturday, after the club and player successfully appealed to the Premier League’s Goal Accreditation Appeals Panel. 

The goal had originally been awarded on the day to Christian Eriksen, but after taking the player’s testimony into account and reviewing the match footage, a three-person panel agreed that the final touch on the ball belonged to Kane.

That's fucking stupid on 2 fronts:

A. Who the fuck was on that panel? Kane's Mom, Dad and girlfriend? Because I can't see how anyone outside of those 3 and Kane himself would think that's his goal.

B. Kane should be embarrassed. Who cares who scored?

That should be Eriksen's goal.

• Like 1

nut cutting time in the prem today.

soton at home going 2 up then conceeding 3 to chelsea (first time for them to come back down 2 since 2002 or 2003), with palace about to kick off, could be a 6-point swing

swansea and hud are about to kickoff at home; last week there was no movement at the bottom, today could be the same, or it could be drama day.

On 4/8/2018 at 11:09 PM, maninblack said:

I'd gladly give you back Lallana and Lovren to rebuild from the ashes in the Championship.

I would kill for that kind of quality back on our club!

owner would not pay their high wages though.

Edited by yoladu

the prem went from 22 to 20 teams in the 95-96 campaign and beginning with that season the average number of points for 17th has been 36.6 which puts watford .4 away from statistical safety.  but not even bournemouth and newcastle are confirmed out.  in 03 ham were relegated in 18th on 42.  we won't know the probable safety mark until 35 are played.

palace are not out yet.  schedule is easy but only 4 remaining.

swansea are not out yet. next 2 are @city and chelsea, then @safebournemouth, closing hosting potentially rabid desperate soton and stoke.

ham/stoke on monday is massive... hammers could get out, or stoke could create chaos by dragging ham back in to the pit of misery.

then you've got First-Ami david wagner and huddersfield who with a -27 have 2nd worst differential of everyone at risk and with only 4 remaining - they host bored and done Fighting Rooneys before finishing @city @ chelsea and aresne.  anything less than 3 against everton and they could easily fall out if someone else puts on a great escape.

and albion are not out yet: spurs @burnley united @city @ pool is a bitch.  anything less than 3 @burnley (surging on arsene's ass now only 2 back) could see them in same spot as hudd.... the static and immobile target for someone else going Full Steve McQueen.

gd could be the difference on the last day and here's the current table:

albion -15

ham -18

palace -18

swansea -19

soton -20

hudd -27

stoke -33

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

nut cutting time in the prem today.

soton at home going 2 up then conceeding 3 to chelsea (first time for them to come back down 2 since 2002 or 2003), with palace about to kick off, could be a 6-point swing

You can’t stop Olivier Giroud, you can only hope to contain him.

6 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

we used to have a shepard and a malamute.  we are wolf people.  the wife has decided we are supporting wolves despite besties who have been pool and leicester supporters for life.

and i'm still very partial to fulham from the mcbride/lewis/dempsey era.

There’s also the part where Wolves are owned by a Chinese conglomerate and have a shady relationship with a super agent (Mendes). Fuck them.

Wolverhampton play an entertaining brand of football. I'm looking forward to seeing them back in the Prem. Too bad Robert Plant doesn't live in Austin anymore, because you would probably be able to catch him at a pub watching a Wolves match, since that's his team. He used to frequent Fado to watch Wolves and rugby matches.

17 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

So with this win, City is on the verge.  They are 16 clear of United who have 18 left. If United doesn't lose tomorrow, City can wrap this up at home against Swansea.

City will be probably be champions next Sunday. We're on 87 and United's max possible points is 89. So we have to take 1 point or less across the final 5 games while United win out to have lost the title. If City only get 2 points and United win out they have to make up a 30 point goal differential, which would be practically impossible. Though I'm not going to celebrate until it's official. Already got an egg on my face from celebrating the title at halftime of the derby.

There are bad calls, but I really don't think VAR brings enough that it offsets the crap it adds to the sport. Worse it suffers from the same issues that replay suffers from in every other sport, once you break down plays at this miniscule level the question of what really happens.