Ready for Kawhi to be gone.

Chico_SA

15 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Also, that link shows a "trade kicker".  (15%)  Not sure how that bonus affects the salary cap, or if kawhi would waive it.

Generally, the player can choose to waive it and will if he is traded to a team that he wants.  

47 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

That's right... Chris Paul did not technically get a supermax deal.  He is technically a free agent at the end of this year and will then sign a supermax if offered.  Crazy that the guy the supermax was basically tailored for isn't even in that set up at this point.

Here is a great article on the supermax and its implications across the league:

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/30/nba-free-agency-2017-supermax-clippers-rockets-chris-paul-russell-westbrook

you should really stop posting about the nba like you know what you're talking about.  you constantly come across as a fool to those of us who do know what we're talking about.

• Like 3

Posted this on the season thread but Marc Stein doesn't think a trade is likely.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/04/18/report-spurs-giving-off-signals-they-will-not-trade-kawhi-leonard-yet/

Also from the article:

“I was very candid with him. I told him, ‘you get me a talent like Kevin Durant and I’ll drive you to the airport. I’ll pack your bags, I’ll drive you there, I’ll get you on the plane and I’ll get you seated,’” Popovich said with a smile. “And he laughed at that. But short of that, I’m your best buddy, because you’re here for another year and you’re not going nowhere. Because we’re not going to get, for you, talent-wise what we would want. So let’s figure this thing out.”

Yeah that's mentioned in the article. I thought I would include it in the post for those that didn't necessarily want to click the link.

I should also mention that in addition to it being about the Aldridge situation last year. It was also a quote from Pop. 

I'll make sure to footnote all posts going forward as well as provide a bibliography. Is MLA ok?

• Haha 1