Kansas is Hopeless...

Jhawk

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Honestly Gameday needs to go to Lawrence this Saturday for Kansas vs Duke. Both of those teams are 3-0 and have worked hard and surprised everyone. 

That would be so awesome. 

50 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Daniels looks legit. Multi threat. And I'll be damned. Kansas looks legit also.

Daniels might be one of the best QBs playing right now. He’s gifted. Good for them.

• Hook 'Em 2

Kansas is now getting Top 25 votes...

AP Top 25

Others receiving votes: Michigan State 91, Florida State 85, Appalachian State 77, North Carolina 72, Washington State 62, Cincinnati 52, Oregon State 49, Minnesota 48, Kansas 23, Syracuse 7, LSU 6, Wisconsin 4

AFCA Coaches Poll

Others receiving votes: Pittsburgh 210, Florida State 107, Appalachian State 68, Oregon State 57, Washington State 55, Cincinnati 37, Syracuse 24, Minnesota 24, Iowa State 15, North Carolina 12, TCU 7, Kansas 5, Air Force 4, Wisconsin 4, Mississippi State 2, Duke 2, LSU 2, Notre Dame 2, Coastal Carolina 1, East Carolina 1

• Hook 'Em 1

A lifetime of being a KU FB fan has taught me to have low expectations, but hope for the best. I think Leipold has turned KU into a legitimate team far faster than expected. It is not just being 3-0, but that KU just won 2 road games back to back versus 2 FBS schools ( 1 B12)  after we just ended a 56 game B12 road losing streak last year and a 46 game overall road losing streak a few years ago. Both NCAA records. KU had not won back to back road games since 2007.  I think KU is still kind of short on talent, but the emphasis on being fundamentally sound is paying off in a big way. Plus, our QB is looking special based on the end of last year and the beginning of this year. Leipold is great at molding an offense around the talent on hand.  I thought KU would have no worries about keeping Leipold due to his age and how long it might take to turn around the program to a point where KU is competitive and has a chance to possibly make a bowl game. Now, I just hope KU can pay enough to keep him, if a school like Nebraska comes sniffing around. But, I would rather worry about having a coach other schools want, than have a coach nobody covets like the last handful of coaches at KU.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Honestly Gameday needs to go to Lawrence this Saturday for Kansas vs Duke. Both of those teams are 3-0 and have worked hard and surprised everyone. 

I was just coming to post this.
There are several games between undefeated teams this week - Maryland/Michigan, Clemson/Wake, USC/OregonSt; but history tells us an undefeated Duke/Kansas matchup may never happen again (in anyone's lifetime).

I mean they were in Boone, NC last weekend, why not Lawrence this week?

• Hook 'Em 1

KU -7 at home against Duke

Can you imagine the hype this would have as a basketball game, but it's not.

I will be rooting for the Jayhawks to:
- extend the dream
- not lose to a shitty ACC team (and shame the B12 conference with such a stench)
- I'd like to say be undefeated when the horns go up to Lawrence, but I haven't done enough drugs for that
- make Nebraska fans wish they had a team as good as KU
- to keep my posts in the LULZ page thread alive for one more wee,

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1