Kansas is Hopeless...

Jhawk

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Like many schools we have cancelled our spring game and are going to do an open practice this spring.  Unlike many schools our spring game is cancelled because in year 4 of our "rebuild" we still do not have enough depth to fill out 2 complete teams to play each other.

#Firezenger #firebeaty http://www.saveksfb.com

How is that humanly possible? 

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

How can you not sign enough JUCO players to field a team? I mean there are literally hundreds of Johnny Glory Days who would love to paly D1

We signed a ton of JUCO guys but we are still net -1 on scholarship players this year.... after only having a senior class of 8... EIGHT, last year.  We lost 5 guys on top of that (rumored to see more attrition).  We are so fucked it isn't even funny.  IF all of our freshmen make it 4 years in the program we are looking at graduating 3 that year.... THREE.

I get not firing every coach after 2 years and we owe the coaching community a favor in keeping one for at least 4 years.  But this is straight up fraud.  No way we should be looked negatively upon if we fire this guy before the season.

33 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This is actually not a bad suggestion. Hold a lottery.

I would sign up for that deal. I am sure I could double their wins in 2019 since the schedule looks a little easier and would give me time to purge the program and watch Friday Night Lights reruns. I hope they like watery eggs and pee color charts.

I want to be the Bud Kilmer of Lawrence Kansas.

Everyone has to recruit...i get that. Considering your situation i wonder if the HC is trying to recruit like the big boys and putting all hopes into landing them. Ya gotta have a roster so fill it up with juco guys.

Offer everyone..fuck it!! I dont understand. I mean k-state loves jucos why cant you guys? Is it a HC pride thing?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

We signed a ton of JUCO guys but we are still net -1 on scholarship players this year.... after only having a senior class of 8... EIGHT, last year.  We lost 5 guys on top of that (rumored to see more attrition).  We are so fucked it isn't even funny.  IF all of our freshmen make it 4 years in the program we are looking at graduating 3 that year.... THREE.

I get not firing every coach after 2 years and we owe the coaching community a favor in keeping one for at least 4 years.  But this is straight up fraud.  No way we should be looked negatively upon if we fire this guy before the season.

You hired a coach from A&M. Did you expect this to turn out differenct then every other coach who has ever coached at A&M?

30 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

We literally don’t have a center on our roster. This was announced the day after our HC said ku is committing to the run this year. 

You misunderstood -- that was the announcement that they are switching to a lower grade cheese for nachos. They are committed to the runs. Totally different dynamic.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RowdyVic said:

Everyone has to recruit...i get that. Considering your situation i wonder if the HC is trying to recruit like the big boys and putting all hopes into landing them. Ya gotta have a roster so fill it up with juco guys.

Offer everyone..fuck it!! I dont understand. I mean k-state loves jucos why cant you guys? Is it a HC pride thing?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

The coach came in and said "We are going to build it the right way so I'm going to need the length of my contract to build it up."

He went and kicked a bunch of guys off the team.  Moved a ton of guys around, and started addressing needs.  The problem isn't that he has whiffed on guys.  It is that he doesn't develop guys.  He thinks they should show up on campus as P5 starters.  They aren't getting bigger/stronger.  They aren't learning plays.  They aren't learning technique.  This happened for 2 years.  Year 3 (last year) he started to get desperate.  I believe we pulled a redshirt on a qb for him to play a series (that might have been the year before).  Last year we were supposed to win 3 games.  We won 1 against a 3-8 division 2 team (literally).  So he started moving guys around and recruiting JUCO because he realized that our 2-3 year guys are no better than HS players because he hasn't coached them up in any way, shape, or form.

We brought in 3-4 freshmen in this class and are bringing in like 12 JUCO guys, most of whom have 2 years to play.  So much for "building it the right way."  Apparently that only matters when you need to win the opening press conference.  Early in 2017 he said he finally has the roster to where we can expect results.  After our loss to baylor he suddenly claimed that baylor had more scholarship guys than we did.  Baylor traveled something like 50 guys that were on scholarship (maybe in the 40s).

We are an abortion and the coach, and AD, are flat out lying to the fans about it.  Further, they changed the seating priority for basketball this year because of the dwindling football donations (buying nonrevenue season tickets, and FB tickets, used to be factored into priority points for Bball).  Now to get good seats in basketball it isn't about being a 40 year fan of all KU sports.  It is about THIS YEAR's donation.  They are mortgaging the whole athletic department.  

Word is, we have about 5,000 season tickets sold for football thus far.

Let's just act like we were named a co-conspirator in the FBI/Adidas case... Could you imagine the near term future for KU?  No football program.  A fired HOF basketball coach.  Probation/penalities hamstringing the athletic department/basketball from success in the next 5-7 years for a rebuild.  Conference media rights up in 4 years.

Massey ratings had us as the second worst team in the Mountain West Conference based off last year.  We might en up relegated to the Missouri Valley conference and asked to drop football altogether if the perfect storm of bad results were to happen over the next 12 months.

Edited by Jhawk

28 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The worst part is, if KU football disappears, it decreases our leverage in getting rid of Baylor. Well, the worst part for everyone not named "Kansas" anyway...

Just merge them and relocate the Baylor team to Waco. Beaty will then run them off pretty quickly and kill both programs. 

6 hours ago, Jhawk said:

The coach came in and said "We are going to build it the right way so I'm going to need the length of my contract to build it up."

He went and kicked a bunch of guys off the team.  Moved a ton of guys around, and started addressing needs.  The problem isn't that he has whiffed on guys.  It is that he doesn't develop guys.  He thinks they should show up on campus as P5 starters.  They aren't getting bigger/stronger.  They aren't learning plays.  They aren't learning technique.  This happened for 2 years.  Year 3 (last year) he started to get desperate.  I believe we pulled a redshirt on a qb for him to play a series (that might have been the year before).  Last year we were supposed to win 3 games.  We won 1 against a 3-8 division 2 team (literally).  So he started moving guys around and recruiting JUCO because he realized that our 2-3 year guys are no better than HS players because he hasn't coached them up in any way, shape, or form.

We brought in 3-4 freshmen in this class and are bringing in like 12 JUCO guys, most of whom have 2 years to play.  So much for "building it the right way."  Apparently that only matters when you need to win the opening press conference.  Early in 2017 he said he finally has the roster to where we can expect results.  After our loss to baylor he suddenly claimed that baylor had more scholarship guys than we did.  Baylor traveled something like 50 guys that were on scholarship (maybe in the 40s).

We are an abortion and the coach, and AD, are flat out lying to the fans about it.  Further, they changed the seating priority for basketball this year because of the dwindling football donations (buying nonrevenue season tickets, and FB tickets, used to be factored into priority points for Bball).  Now to get good seats in basketball it isn't about being a 40 year fan of all KU sports.  It is about THIS YEAR's donation.  They are mortgaging the whole athletic department.  

Y'all need to schedule more Charlie Strong.

• Like 1

I realize you have to get some skill players from out of state, that's a given.  Bishop Carroll and Northwest routinely battle for state titles out of Wichita.  They rarely have more than a player or 2 between them that go D1.  These kids are on winning programs and generally go to JUCOs not because of grades, but because they're not being recruited heavily because Wichita isn't considered a hotbed of football, which relatively it probably isn't.  But guess what Kansas, you'd be competing against JUCOs, not other D1 schools for these kids and you could easily pull 10 good players out of here every year.  You're already losing every fucking game, how worse could it possibly get?

Last time I checked, Barry Sanders was from Wichita.  Can't be all that bad here.

Stupid stupid stupid

Kansas jucos- there is an entire conference - have lots of recent and historical success at getting D1 talented players to big time programs after a 1 or 2 year stint when they weren't recruited to big schools because of where they're from. No shocker that they'd rather do that than play at Kansas for 3 or 4 years.

23 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Like many schools we have cancelled our spring game and are going to do an open practice this spring.  Unlike many schools our spring game is cancelled because in year 4 of our "rebuild" we still do not have enough depth to fill out 2 complete teams to play each other.

#Firezenger #firebeaty http://www.saveksfb.com

...... that’s sad. 

Based on the Massey ratings we will be an 8.5 point favorite against Nicholls (who lost by 2 at georgia 2 years ago and 10 @A&M last year).  After that we don't have a win on the schedule that includes @CMU, Rutgers, @Baylor in our first 4 games.  We are reaching the boiling point but a lot has to happen for him to go.  Most pressing is firing the AD who fired Gill, hired Weis, hired Beaty.  I'd rather keep beaty and go for the 0fer and a game with less than 100 fans than keep the AD and let him hire another coach.  We need to can the AD and bring in a new one... one who doesn't hide behind basketball and knows how to build something.  Del Conte is probably the best in the country right now so it sucks that UT got him from TCU.  He would be the first call on any list.  I think the next best choice is Tom Jurich.  Sure UL was shady but he knew how to hire, knew how to fundraise, knew how to rebuild facilities.  He is a home run if you have a strong compliance department.  I would also take the Arkansas State AD.  He is an up and comer.  My wet dream is to bring in Jim Tressel as AD and have him bring big bad Bo Pelini as head football coach.  That would be awesome.

For reference... If we don't beat CMU or Baylor on the road (CMU stomped us at home last year) then we will go a full 3650 days without a road win.  10 years, 7 of which are under this AD, without a road win.  We have the opportunity to break a lot of futility records this year.  If TCU improves we might not get 10 yards against them this year.

Edited by Jhawk

20 hours ago, F250 said:

I would sign up for that deal. I am sure I could double their wins in 2019 since the schedule looks a little easier and would give me time to purge the program and watch Friday Night Lights reruns. I hope they like watery eggs and pee color charts.

I want to be the Bud Kilmer of Lawrence Kansas.

Worthy aspirations, given that there is a chance the Kansas job could instead turn you into the Budd Dwyer of Lawrence, Kansas. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jhawk said:

There is an unemployed fat fucking retard eating dicks that said a lot of the same shit.

48 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Also, any KU grads/fans on here,  is this finally the year that they pull the plug on David Beaty?

It's gotta be, right?

My question is if he makes it the entire season...but if Zenger is as fucked up as he seems and our Jayhawk friends say he is I suppose Beaty is safe regardless?

7 minutes ago, SnowAggy said:

It's gotta be, right?

My question is if he makes it the entire season...but if Zenger is as fucked up as he seems and our Jayhawk friends say he is I suppose Beaty is safe regardless?

This is the worry.  Our chancellor has shown nothing but support for Zenger.  A guy who's job is 100% tied to the success of Beaty.  My worry is that Zenger pulls the trigger quickly and without warning on Beaty.  Then elevates our DC (Bowen) who Zenger wanted as coach before beaty.  If that happens then our pushover chancellor probably won't fire Zenger.  Then if we somehow win a game with Bowen as HC (Bowen is statistically the worst DC of all time.. seriously... he is given his tenure as a DC) Zenger will look like a genius because a steaming pile of crap won 1 game.  Based on the UT game in 2016 that will get Bowen a 5 year deal and we will b estuck with Zenger for another 5 years while we win a total of 8-10 games during that time.  Zenger cannot be allowed to make any decisions because he cannot elavuate the program without bias at this point. Since that is the case there is no logical reason for him to even be around right now but he is.  Which is evidence that the chancellor doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

6 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Is there some young KU alum coaching somewhere?

I feel like that or bringing back Mangino is their only hope at this point.  But maybe it really is the deal with the devil that they made to dominate in basketball.

Realistically, you want to go after a Pelini or a Schiano.  We need someone that is as disgraced as our program is so they can both build their reputations together.  I'd even take the fat fucking retard at this point. We need someone who will bring discipline and organization to the team. 

The AD and coach are saying on sports radio that we cannot compete because we don't have a full field indoor facility and the wind hampers our practice abilities.  That was literally said on live radio a month ago.  We don't play well because we practice with windy conditions.  Someone must have told the AD (who never goes to football games but sits from row for basketball) we play our games in a dome.

Edited by Jhawk

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

This is the worry.  Our chancellor has shown nothing but support for Zenger.  A guy who's job is 100% tied to the success of Beaty.  My worry is that Zenger pulls the trigger quickly and without warning on Beaty.  Then elevates our DC (Bowen) who Zenger wanted as coach before beaty.  If that happens then our pushover chancellor probably won't fire Zenger.  Then if we somehow win a game with Bowen as HC (Bowen is statistically the worst DC of all time.. seriously... he is given his tenure as a DC) Zenger will look like a genius because a steaming pile of crap won 1 game.  Based on the UT game in 2016 that will get Bowen a 5 year deal and we will b estuck with Zenger for another 5 years while we win a total of 8-10 games during that time.  Zenger cannot be allowed to make any decisions because he cannot elavuate the program without bias at this point. Since that is the case there is no logical reason for him to even be around right now but he is.  Which is evidence that the chancellor doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

Wasn't Bowen the interim coach when you beat us and tore down the goal posts a few years back?

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Realistically, you want to go after a Pelini or a Schiano.  We need someone that is as disgraced as our program is so they can both build their reputations together.  I'd even take the fat fucking retard at this point. We need someone who will bring discipline and organization to the team. 

The AD and coach are saying on sports radio that we cannot compete because we don't have a full field indoor facility and the wind hampers our practice abilities.  That was literally said on live radio a month ago.  We don't play well because we practice with windy conditions.  Someone must have told the AD (who never goes to football games but sits from row for basketball) we play our games in a dome.

Pelini would be a good hire.

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Wasn't Bowen the interim coach when you beat us and tore down the goal posts a few years back?

Yes he was.  When I have more time to fuck around I'll post his career stats as a DC.

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Pelini would be a good hire.

He would be a great hire and I would take Schiano in a heartbeat as well if we are going to be traditional offensively.  My dream is that we go triple option and either take Ken Nisdiaodshfasdhfa;lkd from Navy or the Air Force coach.