Kansas is Hopeless...

Jhawk

• 2 weeks later...

KU has already surpassed my expectations for the season. Be nice to get a 6th win for a chance to go bowling and to get the extra practice time that comes with a bowl game, but if not, I'll still be pretty happy. The team has been competitive in every game so far, which is a big step step forward, considering we still lack talent, especially on defense. It is nice not to lose by 28+ points all the time and not be the joke of the CFB world like the last decade plus. Leipold is a hell of a coach. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Bobby Burton really impressed by Lance Leipold during B12 Media Days -- said he reminds him of Tom Osborn & Bill Snyder.

Is KU football OC Andy Kotelnicki a future head coach? Lance Leipold thinks so

Jordan Guskey, Topeka Capital-Journal

Thu, Jul 13, 2023

ARLINGTON, Texas — After Lance Leipold took to the stage Wednesday at the Big 12 Conference’s media days for football, he was asked about a wide range of topics.

Leipold, Kansas football’s head coach, discussed the depth along the offensive line and the quarterback that depth will benefit. He touched on the rebuild of the Jayhawks’ program and why it’s been able to enjoy success in two seasons. And as the conversation progressed inside AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, he had the opportunity to highlight a member of his coaching staff — offensive coordinator and associate head coach Andy Kotelnicki.

Kotelnicki received a lot of praise during the 2022 season, which saw a much improved offense help propel Kansas to its first bowl game in more than a decade. He received an extension that’ll look to keep him with the Jayhawks for some time. And Leipold sees Kotelnicki as someone who will be a head coach himself one day.

“From our first weeks working together at (Wisconsin)-Whitewater, Andy told me that,” said Leipold, who spent time as the head coach at the Division III program with Kotelnicki as one of his assistants. “He’s always asked for other responsibilities, other things he can do, because that’s part of his goals. But Andy’s got a good feel for the big picture. He’s highly organized.”

Kansas football offensive coordinator Andy Kotelnicki looks on during a 2022 practice in Lawrence.

Kotelnicki followed Leipold to the Division I ranks and Buffalo ahead of the 2015 season, and remained on Leipold’s staff as an assistant through Leipold’s tenure there. Kotelnicki followed Leipold to Kansas ahead of the 2021 season. Their bond is one that’s formed over a number of years.

At this stage of Leipold’s career, Leipold feels a responsibility to help someone like Kotelnicki who has a chance to realize a goal like becoming a head coach. If opportunities present themselves, Leipold may look to bring Kotelnicki into them to continue to foster that growth. And if the Jayhawks’ rebuild continues to progress as it has, one would expect Kotelnicki to not be that far out from a head coaching opportunity coming his way that would be worth taking.

So much production returns from an offense that proved to be electric at times in 2022. Ahead of the 2023 season, three of Kansas’ four players on the Big 12’s preseason all-conference team — voted on by the media — are on the offensive side of the ball. Junior quarterback Jalon Daniels, junior running back Devin Neal and redshirt senior offensive lineman Mike Novitsky are those three, with Daniels also earning recognition as the preseason offensive player of the year in the Big 12.

“There’s times I’ve traveled with (athletic director) Travis (Goff) on development things and meeting with people and, or something, and Andy may run a meeting and do some other things,” Leipold said. “There’s small things right now, but Andy and I have talked also about other ways that I’d like to include him on maybe some things that I get to do and maybe some meetings I go to and stuff like that.”

• 1 month later...

Kansas announces major renovation to Booth Memorial Stadium

The $300 million investment will also include expansion of the Anderson Family Football Complex and revenue-driving commercial spaces.

ZACH BARNETT     6 HOURS AGO

New look coming...

screen-shot-2023-08-15-at-25900-pm.webp

screen-shot-2023-08-15-at-30050-pm.webp

https://footballscoop.com/news/kansas-announces-major-renovation-to-booth-memorial-stadium

• 1 month later...