Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

3 hours ago, Chili dog said:

It’s absolutely true. His family member might’ve told you that to take a dig at us, but when the kid is on his Texas visit openly saying, “Oh, this is coach Drayton. You’re the guy Urban kept telling me about!” and then he spends the whole visit talking to Drayton about Ohio State and Ohio, the writing is on the wall. That’s how the entire visit went. Drayton tried to redirect the conversation and Wilson kept bringing it back to OSU. It was never happening. 

Have you considered it's possible that the years preceding his OV may have affected his recruitment? As in, perhaps he was an OSU lock on his visit, but if we had done a better job recruiting him leading up to that point he may not have been?

Just now, Bodacious Bevo said:

Have you considered it's possible that the years preceding his OV may have affected his recruitment? As in, perhaps he was an OSU lock on his visit, but if we had done a better job recruiting him leading up to that point he may not have been?

Yes, I’ve thought about that, but from the way the conversation went, it sounded like the kid had grown up scarlet and gray. He and Drayton were from the same part of Ohio and knew a lot of the same people. It was literally almost all they talked about.  You’d think if there had been interest in us, he might’ve shown it. That being said, I have no doubt we could’ve done a better job leading up to that. I’m not here to defend Tom or Meh. They gave us no shot. I just don’t think it would’ve mattered. He committed to Ohio State in either April or May of his junior year, going off of memory. This visit happened a few weeks before that, so we’re not super early in the recruiting cycle, but we’re not incredibly late, either. Seems early enough that a kid who was weighing his options and wanted to stay home might have let things play out a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chili dog said:

I am not Stan Drayton. For me to know this information, though, I’d have to either 1) be Stan Drayton (again, I’m not); 2) have been there in person; or 3) have heard the story directly from Stan Drayton. I can assure you I fall in one of those categories. 

You telling someone he’s full of shit... Oh, the irony. 

Can you not feed the insipid troll and just put his dumbass on ignore like the rest of us? It gets old seeing his worthless bullshit quoted. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Per Wells, Stewart talks to Ewers on the reg and they want to play together. Last week Stewart proclaimed his recruitment over with Texas believed to be the pick. He has since walked that back, probably to see who the QB will be. I think shit’s in motion. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Per Wells, Stewart talks to Ewers on the reg and they want to play together. Last week Stewart proclaimed his recruitment over with Texas believed to be the pick. He has since walked that back, probably to see who the QB will be. I think shit’s in motion. 

Yes please 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

download.jpeg

18 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

So he’s considering Ohio State now? Nice.

6 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

If he gets drafted in the first round, which I think he believes he will, he can afford multiple homes in different cities of his liking. 

He’ll only call one place home. The rest will be vacation homes, summer homes, or just plain houses. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

8 hours ago, Chili dog said:

I am not Stan Drayton. For me to know this information, though, I’d have to either 1) be Stan Drayton (again, I’m not); 2) have been there in person; or 3) have heard the story directly from Stan Drayton. I can assure you I fall in one of those categories. 

You telling someone he’s full of shit... Oh, the irony. 

8 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Yes, I’ve thought about that, but from the way the conversation went, it sounded like the kid had grown up scarlet and gray. He and Drayton were from the same part of Ohio and knew a lot of the same people. It was literally almost all they talked about.  You’d think if there had been interest in us, he might’ve shown it. That being said, I have no doubt we could’ve done a better job leading up to that. I’m not here to defend Tom or Meh. They gave us no shot. I just don’t think it would’ve mattered. He committed to Ohio State in either April or May of his junior year, going off of memory. This visit happened a few weeks before that, so we’re not super early in the recruiting cycle, but we’re not incredibly late, either. Seems early enough that a kid who was weighing his options and wanted to stay home might have let things play out a bit. 

Basically none of this is true, I’m not sure why you’re making this up. I am best friends with Dray (that’s a nickname I gave him) who was Laramie’s primary recruiter. First off, he’s not from Ohio he’s from Kentucky, everyone knows that. Second, Drayton wasn’t even in Austin when Wilson visited, I know because we were camping together that weekend. Also Wilson was never coming here after Mehringer left, he thought Meh was the coolest guy he ever met. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Basically none of this is true, I’m not sure why you’re making this up. I am best friends with Dray (that’s a nickname I gave him) who was Laramie’s primary recruiter. First off, he’s not from Ohio he’s from Kentucky, everyone knows that. Second, Drayton wasn’t even in Austin when Wilson visited, I know because we were camping together that weekend. Also Wilson was never coming here after Mehringer left, he thought Meh was the coolest guy he ever met. 

Not sure where he grew up but Wilson was born in Columbus.     No not the one in Texas

On 2/6/2021 at 1:37 PM, Bodacious Bevo said:

I have an old HS teammate of mine that has coached at Lake Travis under Hank Carter from the start who told me in person there was zero chance Wilson was staying in the state of Texas. He was a OSU lock even before he moved to Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Man... it’s been a rough month.  He sees a local Austin kid win state and now he’s going to see Malik Murphy live out his dream of playing at Texas in a badass offense, in a badass city.  Enjoy bumfuck Columbus.

let’s fucking go.  AGNB!

At least he will be on some good teams at OSU.  But living in Ohio?  Fuck that noise.  Poor dumb bastard.

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

y’all are pretty resentful people. I still think he’ll end up at UT in 2022. and it makes me happy because he’s the best quarterback in the 2022 class. 

My kids go or will go to Keller High School, SLC beats their ass (and most others) in football I've got multiple reasons to resent him so yea fuck him.

Edited by Surly Bevo

Just now, futureman said:

maybe your kid should practice harder and he wouldn’t lose so much. 

Well the kid who will play football is in 8th grade and they don't lose so much so I guess we will see.  But thanks for the well crafted troll as always FutureMan and I mean this sincerely when I say you're the best.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, futureman said:

y’all are pretty resentful people. I still think he’ll end up at UT in 2022. and it makes me happy because he’s the best quarterback in the 2022 class. 

I’d be pleased AF if both committed. If one doesn’t want to compete and turns tail, it’s better to know now than later. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust