Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

31 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I'll admit up front that I don't know shit about shit, but this sounds like the "credible source at Texas Tech" have just figured out that they're not getting Ewers, but can't bring themselves to admit that Texas most likely will.

10 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Head coach SLC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quarterback coach Tech

I don’t even know that it’s one job is better than the other. Risking the job security of SLC just so you can be the QB coach for an old student of yours is really weird. This part of the Ewers to Tech equation never made sense to me.

If Riley was itching to get into the college game, then that’s great. But the idea that he’s just going to uproot his family and livelihood in Dallas to go coach in Lubbock for one single player, however great he may be, is extremely questionable.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Serious question, tOSU’s semester isn’t over yet, correct? Do we know if Quinn will even be academically eligible for transfer after his auction tour? I’m disconnected on how all this works but I highly doubt tOSU is providing typical support at this point.

Honestly pretty sure it depends on professor. Sister goes to UT and is already home for the semester. 

Okay as someone who actually lives in Lubbock, let me just say it’s a bad place to visit, but it’s a nice place to live.

Not a lot of exciting attractions, but a lot of good food. We’ve got an Alamo drafthouse. Some great BBQ. A couple of Torchy’s tacos. Cost of living is low. It’s nice.

It’s no Austin, DFW, or even Waco, but it really is alright when you live here.

Edited by Aslan24
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Aslan24 said:

Okay as someone who actually lives in Lubbock, let me just say it’s a bad place to visit, but it’s a great place to live.

Not a lot of exciting attractions, but a lot of good food. We’ve got an Alamo drafthouse. Some great BBQ. A couple of Torchy’s tacos. Cost of living is low. It’s nice.

Lubbock >>> Waco

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

About to say....manure winds.  First game I went to out there the wind changed directions and I was like, "what the fucking fuck is that?"

tell me your a pussy without telling me your a pussy!!!   Jesus .... its a little cow shit, you will be ok

3 hours ago, Aslan24 said:

Okay as someone who actually lives in Lubbock, let me just say it’s a bad place to visit, but it’s a nice place to live.

“Not a lot of exciting attractions”

Clearly you’ve never experienced the thrills of Prairie Dog Town

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think with covid changing everything last year most schools aren’t going past thanksgiving, in person at least. 

Brings up a good point - my sources are hearing Rice is the silent leader in his re-recruitment. I forgot the ties. Visit is coming this week and their co-oeds are still on campus.

Bobby:

I am told Texas continues to recruit former Southlake QB Quinn Ewers with a passion.

Steve Sarkisian making a bee-line to Ewers the minute he entered the portal is just one example.

The Texas staff at large is making sure every I is dotted and every T crossed in this recruitment.

It doesn’t mean Ewers will ultimately sign with the Horns, but it will not be from a lack of trying from the Texas staff. The Horns want Quinn Ewers.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby:

I am told Texas continues to recruit former Southlake QB Quinn Ewers with a passion.

Steve Sarkisian making a bee-line to Ewers the minute he entered the portal is just one example.

The Texas staff at large is making sure every I is dotted and every T crossed in this recruitment.

It doesn’t mean Ewers will ultimately sign with the Horns, but it will not be from a lack of trying from the Texas staff. The Horns want Quinn Ewers.

I don’t love that update, kind of like “don’t blame Texas if he goes elsewhere”

54 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby:

Thanks Bob!

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust