Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

9 hours ago, Aslan24 said:

Okay as someone who actually lives in Lubbock, let me just say it’s a bad place to visit, but it’s a nice place to live.

Not a lot of exciting attractions, but a lot of good food. We’ve got an Alamo drafthouse. Some great BBQ. A couple of Torchy’s tacos. Cost of living is low. It’s nice.

It’s no Austin, DFW, or even Waco, but it really is alright when you live here.

It absolutely is not, speaking from someone also who has lived there.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

It’s today until it isn’t.

I think no one has a clue. Roach said during the weekend that he heard good news would be for Texas if it happened earlier in the week. Nahlin said it would be better if there were more time between his decision and the Tech visit. Obviously, only one can be right. Clearly, neither actually knows shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

I think no one has a clue. Roach said during the weekend that he heard good news would be for Texas if it happened earlier in the week. Nahlin said it would be better if there were more time between his decision and the Tech visit. Obviously, only one can be right. Clearly, neither actually knows shit.

In Thamel we trust.

15 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I know a kid that works out there and was up there today. He said some of the trainers there think it’s gonna be Tech cause of the OC and because Ewers OC in HS is gonna be the QB coach there. 

see, this makes a ton more sense than Riley Dodge leaving one of the better TXHSFB jobs out there to go be the QB coach at TTU

28 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Nobody knows shit, because only Ewers and his dad know where he's going or what he's thinking, and they aren't telling the $9.95ers (or probably won't even answer their calls).

If he actually calls a school and tells them he's coming, there might be a few leaks that come from the school. 

If he actually calls up other recruits and says " Hey, I'm thinking about choosing Texas, would you come play with me?" , then it's possible the players he calls could leak it, but not likely yet. 

Otherwise, there are no sources to get info from, so everyone is just speculating on what every little sign means, and trying to ascribe their own meaning to shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Aslan24 said:

Okay as someone who actually lives in Lubbock, let me just say it’s a bad place to visit, but it’s a nice place to live.

Not a lot of exciting attractions, but a lot of good food. We’ve got an Alamo drafthouse. Some great BBQ. A couple of Torchy’s tacos. Cost of living is low. It’s nice.

It’s no Austin, DFW, or even Waco, but it really is alright when you live here.

If that's your barometer for measuring towns with good food, then I just have to assume that your username is factually literal. Hey, more power to you for enjoying the simple things in life.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

If that's your barometer for measuring towns with good food, then I just have to assume that your username is factually literal. Hey, more power to you for enjoying the simple things in life.

It's all relative.  As someone who grew up in the panhandle, I too would have thought the addition of an Alamo and Torchy's would have been revolutionary.  

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Tony Two K said:

Tech has assembled the best high school coaching staff in the nation.

33 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

apropos

Seeing as Tech is where our massive group of bingers with half functioning cerebrums went to continue their high school educations and STD shenanigans, totally apropos.

18 minutes ago, Truck Norris said:

Is Riley actually going to Tech? Would 2 more years on top of the 3 he’s already spent with him make a significant difference?

Football Scoop has been reporting that they don't expect Riley to be on Tech's staff.

Latest rumor I saw was that SLC OC was supposed to join as QB coach.  I don't even know who that would be - they changed OC's last year and their current OC was formerly their OL coach.

9 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

It's good enough for my wife and our dogs. We're happy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, stork642 said:

I doubt Texas gets outbid by Tech or TCU so if QE goes to either of the other schools that’s what he intended to do all along.  This is just an exercise to drive up the price for whichever school was the predetermined choice.   

I generally think we give these kids too much credit for whatever plans/games/negotiations they are involved in - but in this case the kid already is represented by an Agency and they likely told him, regardless of where he wanted to go, what he could do to maximize his NIL opportunities.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Football Scoop has been reporting that they don't expect Riley to be on Tech's staff.

Latest rumor I saw was that SLC OC was supposed to join as QB coach.  I don't even know who that would be - they changed OC's last year and their current OC was formerly their OL coach.

Out of all the rumors going around,  Riley to Tech seems like the least likely.  

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

sounds like tech side talking out of their ass. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

It's not that I think that Tech hiring the SLC OC would influence Ewers, but it does make me wonder if it might not be the other way around... if that's true.

If QE is calling the shots for Maguire on who to hire for his first time HC job, he must be drinking again.

• Hook 'Em 1

Gerry:

Quarterback

Quinn Ewers, Southlake (Texas) Carroll

The Ohio State transfer may be a reach to put in with the high school prospects, but I’m returning him to his 2022 class. Texas Tech and TCU have had Ewers on around camp since Sunday. Ewers met with Steve Sarkisian Friday night. Texas would love for Ewers to get on campus before making a decision. I do not believe NIL is a driving force here. This is all about best avenue to the field immediately, and that’s where trust and a plan comes into play. TCU taking a commit from Josh Hoover minutes after meeting with Ewers isn’t how to win on trust. If Ewers genuinely wants to have a positive effect on a recruiting class with under a week until signing day, Texas will be his choice.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If QE is calling the shots for Maguire on who to hire for his first time HC job, he must be drinking again.

Eh, it wouldn't be the first time a high profile recruit (I'm calling him a recruit still) tried to get a coach hired at an entry position (we don't for sure know which position though QB is rumored). Especially at a university who is out-kicking their coverage on even being in it with said recruit. That, and being the OC at SLC isn't exactly a reach on being able to coach.

Edited by UncleBuck

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah everyone knows Riley is coming to join the staff at Texas in some capacity so the grandkids can be around Todd!

The thought that Riley has some mentor/close relationship with QE is suspect.  QE basically pulled the rug out from what was suppose to be a SLC revenge tour back to the State finals with his late departure to Ohio State.  Fortunately the unknown and little experienced backup turned out pretty good,  but locals don't think Riley was too thrilled.   

• Hook 'Em 1

The longer this drags on, the more we must consider Quinn's motives. If it were truly about securing the NIL side and getting high profile recruits to follow, it would seem in his best interest to lock this down pretty quick. If he hasn't picked a school and announced soon, then it points to a player that is only looking out for himself. If Quinn wants a strong supporting cast, as some have claimed, then the decision should be an easy one. 

4 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

The longer this drags on, the more we must consider Quinn's motives. If it were truly about securing the NIL side and getting high profile recruits to follow, it would seem in his best interest to lock this down pretty quick. If he hasn't picked a school and announced soon, then it points to a player that is only looking out for himself. If Quinn wants a strong supporting cast, as some have claimed, then the decision should be an easy one. 

Unless he is gaging other recruits on flipping to follow him where he goes. That may take some time. I doubt it's happening but there has been some signs of that.

6 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

This has "dragged on" for 3 days and counting? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

will you tweet this at him?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Speaking of: isn't that an NCAA violation now? Or since Ewers is a year out and transferring, is it okay?

Its fine if the coach is hired in an on-field capacity.  The rule was put in place to keep HC from hiring high school coaches into 'analyst' roles in exchange for bringing them top recruits.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Eh, it wouldn't be the first time a high profile recruit (I'm calling him a recruit still) tried to get a coach hired at an entry position (we don't for sure know which position though QB is rumored). Especially at a university who is out-kicking their coverage on even being in it with said recruit. That, and being the OC at SLC isn't exactly a reach on being able to coach.

Not the first time it has happened, but hiring your initial (not just initial, first ever) staff's QB coach (a very important position) to entice a long-shot transfer QB is a weird move.  Your first staff makes or breaks you. 

This isn't hiring a Traylor/Maguire HS football coach to coach TEs or WRs or STs - the QB position is arguably one of the most important coaching and recruiting positions in the Big 12. 

8 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Eh, it wouldn't be the first time a high profile recruit (I'm calling him a recruit still) got a coach hired at an entry position.

One example off the top of my head is Mitch Mustain.  He went to Arkansas after Houston Nutt hired his high school coach, Guz Malzahn, as the OC.  Both ended up leaving Arkansas after a year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

The thought that Riley has some mentor/close relationship with QE is suspect.  QE basically pulled the rug out from what was suppose to be a SLC revenge tour back to the State finals with his late departure to Ohio State.  Fortunately the unknown and little experienced backup turned out pretty good,  but locals don't think Riley was too thrilled.   

I think this is spot on.  

I've heard that Riley didn't know about the Ohio State move until after the fact. 

He could just be a very indecisive and stressed out kid. I know I fucking was at that age.   

thank god my dumb decisions didn’t come under the college football fandom’s microscope.  Shit, I wanted to go to Tulane over UT. Thankfully my dad refused to pay 60k or whatever Tulane cost a semester.   

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby:

I am told Texas continues to recruit former Southlake QB Quinn Ewers with a passion.

Steve Sarkisian making a bee-line to Ewers the minute he entered the portal is just one example.

The Texas staff at large is making sure every I is dotted and every T crossed in this recruitment.

It doesn’t mean Ewers will ultimately sign with the Horns, but it will not be from a lack of trying from the Texas staff. The Horns want Quinn Ewers.

Since we don't have shit to go on, I'm choosing to believe that the choice of  "I is dotted and every T crossed in this recruitment" is an indication that we have made a substantial offer to him and are waiting on a response.

16 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

I talked to someone at SLC yesterday and I don't think the staff is upset with QE but a lot of parents are.  At the last playoff game QE was at the game and I was told the staff was okay with it.  Many parents saw it as a distraction. 

Edited by JOSEYWALES66

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust