Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FYI if anyone posts anything negative in regards to Quinn you will be getting neg bombed to oblivion. The kids camp is legit worried that he is unwanted and will be shit all over when something bad happens. This could be the best thing thats happened for Texas since at least 2009, do not shit all over it

He is most definitely wanted.

Imagine being the QB that led Texas out of the wilderness after a dozen years of futility. I mean, just imagine being that guy, and set for life.

• Hook 'Em 8

49 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Nobody knows shit, because only Ewers and his dad know where he's going or what he's thinking, and they aren't telling the $9.95ers (or probably won't even answer their calls).

If he actually calls a school and tells them he's coming, there might be a few leaks that come from the school. 

If he actually calls up other recruits and says " Hey, I'm thinking about choosing Texas, would you come play with me?" , then it's possible the players he calls could leak it, but not likely yet. 

Otherwise, there are no sources to get info from, so everyone is just speculating on what every little sign means, and trying to ascribe their own meaning to shit. 

One of the 9.95ers slipped up yesterday on youtube (forgot which one, either Suchomel or Nahlin) and said that he was texting with the dad for info, but when asked about anything Texas they were radio silent. I believe that the longer this goes the better it is for Texas. We haven't heard a word about how any of the Texas conversations have gone or even that visits are taking place even though Sarkisian is pressing hard, but we are hearing all about how amazing Tech is etc. It is calculated, and I believe they are giving Texas time to line things up for Ewers. If it were Tech he would have committed already, there really isn't anything left to see. My completely baseless prediction is that we hear tomorrow.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FYI if anyone posts anything negative in regards to Quinn you will be getting neg bombed to oblivion. The kids camp is legit worried that he is unwanted and will be shit all over when something bad happens. This could be the best thing thats happened for Texas since at least 2009, do not shit all over it

It's fucking absurd that this has to be stated. In fact, it ought to be extended to all recruits considering Texas as we approach signing day. The shit-talking of Banks' dad based on a tweet by Banks' trainer yesterday was strange. Let this shit play out and be positive. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

If we don’t get Quinn because of my accutane NIL comment I will take accutane for a year

• Haha 1

Unwanted at Texas?

Quinn, if you’re watching we blame everything on cdc so no worries.

Also, the whole family including the dog will have a mullet if you come.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Agreeed but if he doesn’t come here?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

to entice a long-shot transfer QB is a weird move.

My point isn't Tech doing it to be enticed, but doing it in return. It wouldn't be a longshot, it'd be a done deal. Now I'm not saying that's what's going on or anything. I don't know the kid. The coaches. Hell, I just know I'd wanna do it for an old ball coach if I could, and we've seen it done before. That's all.

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

One of the 9.95ers slipped up yesterday on youtube (forgot which one, either Suchomel or Nahlin) and said that he was texting with the dad for info, but when asked about anything Texas they were radio silent. I believe that the longer this goes the better it is for Texas. We haven't heard a word about how any of the Texas conversations have gone or even that visits are taking place even though Sarkisian is pressing hard, but we are hearing all about how amazing Tech is etc. It is calculated, and I believe they are giving Texas time to line things up for Ewers. If it were Tech he would have committed already, there really isn't anything left to see. My completely baseless prediction is that we hear tomorrow.  

Agree, if it was Tech it would be a commit now since it seems Tech had more of a jump on this due to Mahomes back channeling. 

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

We should make sure they see the clips of Oklahoma fans chanting "We want Caleb" in Norman, just in case he is considering OU.

Has Ewers' camp seen @Beau Vine's comment about Ewers shitting bigger than Arch blowing up on Twitter?

Also, are there any other sites out there that have an 80 page thread filled with fans salivating over Ewers?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If it were Tech he would have committed already, there really isn't anything left to see. My completely baseless prediction is that we hear tomorrow.  

Dude you could visit Lubbock for a week and not run out of things to see.

• Haha 1

Him whipping the ball with ease is all I needed to see.  The sooner he comes the better and if some badass linemen will follow that would be great too.  This team needs playmakers.  If we had that we’d have probably been able to finish 8-4 or better.  Hell, someone who can consistently complete a forward pass would’ve put several of our games away by the end of the 3rd quarter.

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

https://chng.it/7hTsGDBdMz

Legitimately sign this petition and share it to every single person you know. This means more than you think, if you want to do something real and substantial sign this and pass it around. It will get in front of the Ewers camp

When I click the link I get a warning about a potentially unsafe site.  What is it?

I'm sure he got backlash when he flipped to OSU.  I get it.  He probably feels a lot of pressure to be the savior if he comes to UT.  Truth is, a lot of expectations will be on his shoulders.  But honestly, if for whatever reason he doesn't lead us to an immediate revival, we are still no worse off than we are today.  There literally is no where to go but up.  At the very least, he gives us hope and can hopefully bring some other recruits with him.  And taking on this challenge and pressure has to be beneficial to his football career moving forward I'd think.  It's not like the NFL fans won't put expectations on him, so this is preparing him for the next level.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I find this hard to believe. Herman was literally fired for botching Ewers and Brocks recruitments, among other dumbassery.

Are there going to be high expectations? Hell yes, same as Ohio State. Are there going to be overreactive mouth breathers who yell and throw fits in the stands? Hell yes, same as Ohio State without the flaming furniture. It is the same in the NFL except our fans aren't having sex in the parking lot on top of parked cars. Quite frankly, if he is serious about going to the NFL, then a place like Texas is the perfect environment to learn to handle these kinds of pressures without $50 million being on the line if he has a misstep. Sarkisian's message about "This is the arena you chose" is important. The fact that he is "wanted" or "not wanted" shouldn't matter at all. He needs to come in and just put his head down and work on getting better. If he does that and shows improvement, nobody will be able to say anything except something stupid like he didn't win 4 national titles so he is a bust. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Legitimately sign this petition and share it to every single person you know. This means more than you think, if you want to do something real and substantial sign this and pass it around. It will get in front of the Ewers camp

Did this get passed over to the other pay sites for them to sign as well?

31 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry:

Quarterback

Quinn Ewers, Southlake (Texas) Carroll

The Ohio State transfer may be a reach to put in with the high school prospects, but I’m returning him to his 2022 class. Texas Tech and TCU have had Ewers on around camp since Sunday. Ewers met with Steve Sarkisian Friday night. Texas would love for Ewers to get on campus before making a decision. I do not believe NIL is a driving force here. This is all about best avenue to the field immediately, and that’s where trust and a plan comes into play. TCU taking a commit from Josh Hoover minutes after meeting with Ewers isn’t how to win on trust. If Ewers genuinely wants to have a positive effect on a recruiting class with under a week until signing day, Texas will be his choice.

Woman Hat Yes GIF by Silvana Gee

11 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Tell me you’re a poor that can’t afford Colorado real estate without telling me you’re a poor that can’t afford Colorado real estate.

What does Colorado have to do with this discussion? But, yes, you're right Colorado kicks the shit out of Lubbock too. Many places do. Which is kind of the point.

There are dumbass fans everywhere. If he came back to Texas given the tough year we just had it would be the biggest positive event since Chris Simms, which completely changed the trajectory of the program, as an earlier poster wrote. Knowledgeable fans would understand that and he would potentially go down in history as a Texas legend with any sort of on field success.

And if he helps get it finally turned around he would have a city and state that would love him forever and he’d never buy a beer in a bar again, like Vince Young. I’d say that’s a pretty cool goal to shoot for. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Pin it to the top of the boards with a banner and telling people to sign this? Given the tight timeframe, that's best case scenario. People that post on the 9.95ers should make a thread with this too then.

10 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

How so?

I think the drama. The - will Quinn come to Texas or not? If not, where?Wasn’t Tennessee trying to get Simms as well? And then when he came to Texas he showed up in a limo. Now Quinn has the NIL stuff and schools tripping over themselves trying get him. The way I see it he wasn’t even a consideration 2 weeks ago. 

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

11 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i signed it, but i feel weird.. anyhow HookEm

9 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol yea…if this is what it takes I have concerns

Completely agree with the feeling of getting involved, but sometimes we all need to be reminded that these are 18-year-olds on average (is Ewers 19 yet?). This kind of stuff really does matter and it actually makes sense on a certain level that Ewers is worried about coming to Texas specifically because he idolized Texas growing up. Tech and TCU might appeal from the perspective of not feeling pressure to be perfect all the time.

Hopefully we've gotten Ehlinger in contact with Ewers to tell him that if a lifelong Longhorn just fights and shows effort then the alumni and fans will love him forever. Ehlinger had his flaws and made his mistakes but he's beloved by the fanbase.

• Hook 'Em 9

23 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Tech better hope that's not true. Ask Chris Beard about them.

Edited by Bevo14

1 minute ago, LOHorn said:

I signed, but he feels like he is unwanted? How could that be? That's wild.

I'm guessing its not 'unwanted' - but I could see how the family would be concerned about how he might be received at a place he de-committed from as opposed to starting fresh at another school.

Given how much movement there is now with the portal I don't see why its a big deal - but I guess I can understand their concerns.

You tell QE that Ricky knows he IS the prize this cycle. It might move the needle with the family. It might not.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Brandywine said:

I think the drama. The - will Quinn come to Texas or not? If not, where?Wasn’t Tennessee trying to get Simms as well? And then when he came to Texas he showed up in a limo. Now Quinn has the NIL stuff and schools tripping over themselves trying get him. The way I see it he wasn’t even a consideration 2 weeks ago. 

He's been a consideration since news leaked in October or November that his dad was telling people Quinn would be entering the portal at the end of the season.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Anybody shit-bombing a kid for going to OSU instead of us last year is an idiot. If he transfers here all he has to do is play hard and be a good teammate and, with his natural ability, he'll be a hero at worst and likely a legend ala Bobby Layne. We'll even like his hair. 

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

We really think a change.com petition is going to move the needle?  Like said upthread, feels very aggy.  Should we go tweet at him how much we need him too?

I understand what his commitment means to the program but I have a hard time seeing this being a differentiator...

3 minutes ago, LonghornLurker said:

Honestly, do you really want a QB that sensitive? What a pussy. 

5 minutes ago, BossyBevo said:

I signed, but it feels a bit aggy-ish, if I develop an affinity for sheep I’m placing the blame squarely on RGBIII

If you don't want to sign it, don't sign it.  Otherwise, don't bitch about it.  Fucking pussies.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Harold And Kumar Reaction GIF by HBO Max

Angry Season 9 GIF by The Office

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust