Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

6 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I swear our elementary school cafeteria got their frozen chicken fried steaks from the same place Grandy's did. Always had those days circled. 

Elementary and middle school (saisd) had the best enchiladas every wed. We used to have to carry our pencils in case other kids tried to cut the line 

Edited by Coach pop a bitch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Via Roach

— Another day in the Quinn Ewers saga means another new batch of information to sort through. Just about every time I believe I have a handle on the situation from the information I've heard, a new piece changes enters the picture and changes the course. Today I heard some pretty strong confidence from a key source on the Texas Tech side. In fact, most of the public buzz has been in favor of Texas Tech. As I've mentioned, those at Texas have been extremely quiet when it comes to the subject. It leaves me wondering if one side is vocal because there's substance there or because there's a desire to create as much noise as possible. Leaning on my past experience in situations like these, the side that is quieter usually works that way for a reason. While it's instructive to understand that, it doesn't mean that's the case in this particular situation. Tuning out the noise can be tough because everyone seems to have heard something on a story where the key players are going through great lengths to protect the information. I'm not sure when a decision will come, but I expect both Texas and Texas Tech want something to happen in the next few days for the sake of recruiting.

24 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I think the only Grandys left in Texas are in the metroplex but might be wrong. I went to the one in Plano right off of central 4-5 years ago but that might be long gone…

Still there according to their website.  There was one at Coit/Park or Parker that closed a few years ago.

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Chili Mac and cheese baby.

Frito Pie was a delicious staple at the Lake Travis school district before they got uppity. I can also personally attest to the aerodynamic qualities and detonation capabilities of a Frito Pie during a high school food fight, having seen one explode upon impact when hitting the back of a vice principal's head. 

Edited by honolulu horn
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Everyone is eager to see this come to some kind of close, but my advice is to chill. I havent been monitoring much today, and I likely wont tomorrow either. I don't know when this deal is happening, but I'll be checking more Thursday and Friday, even Saturday. If he decides before that then I will be pleasantly surprised. I'm comfortable with our position. 

I assumed it was end of week because no way the Ewers want me to get any work done this week 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hobbs said:

Elsa Hosk was a lunch lady at my school.

I once got 3 days detention because we were having a competition to see who could throw their tray and land it on the stack of trays and make it stick from about 10 feet away.  Tough ask.  I overshot the target and hit a cafeteria lady in the head.  I realize that lack of accuracy disqualifies from being QB1 at UT.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

Unless QE is really torn, why stretch it out? Shouldn't he announce where he is going as soon as he is sure to help with recruiting? 

Why not? Free rides, flights, and dipshits fawning over you and probably some other perks.

26 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

You weren't a real kid unless you smooshed french fries inside your fried burrito and then dunked it into a glass of coke-a-cola. 

This right here makes you a prime suspect in like fifteen different cold case murders.

• Haha 4

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust