Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

26 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

<futureman multiquote>

let me make your life much easier - move that moron to ignore.

you will miss literally nothing of value, at all, ever.

edit: i just had to look up how many posts he has - it's shocking a guy can make literally TWENTY ONE THOUSAND POSTS and still bring nothing to the table.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

Wells - Recruits React to Quinn:

When Quinn Ewers to Texas went public last night, it started an avalanche of possibilities for the 2022 class and beyond.

Big-time players want to play with Ewers, and with the collection of prospects headed to Austin in this cycle, it could spill over into the 2023 group too.

Spoke to a handful of commits and prospects on their initial reactions to the blonde mullet coming home.

“I think Quinn (Ewers) will be a huge pickup,” said Brenen Thompson (Spearman). “It’ll also help bring in some other guys.”

“I think there will definitely be some to follow,” said Connor Robertson (Austin Westlake).

“(Ewers to Texas) is great,” said Rueben Owens (El Campo). “It’s a good look for UT.”

“Big pickup for sure,” said BJ Allen (Aledo). “Should bring some top wide receivers to the program now.”

“I mean come on now, it’s Quinn Ewers,” said Johntay Cook (Desoto). “Honestly think the new era of Texas Football is about to begin.”

“We about to get crazy in Austin,” said Derrick Brown (Texas High), about the addition of Ewers. “Don’t sleep on the Longhorns.”

The buzz is real. The momentum is rolling. And the Longhorns are putting college football on notice.

1 minute ago, mvlonghorns said:

So who is a good comp for our new QB? He has very elite arm talent from what I gather? How much does he run?

Matthew Stafford has been said a bunch based on size (and probably because both DFW). Both were about 6'3" 210 in high school.

I think Ewers has more arm talent than Stafford and yes I know that's saying a lot. But apparently almost everyone who watched them both agrees because Ewers is rated higher.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Matthew Stafford has been said a bunch based on size (and probably because both DFW). Both were about 6'3" 210 in high school.

I think Ewers has more arm talent than Stafford and yes I know that's saying a lot. But apparently almost everyone who watched them both agrees because Ewers is rated higher.

Aaron Rodgers - Justin Wells LOL

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

this video highlighted a bit of the way he just flicks the ball. it looks easy, it's on target and gets there in a hurry. 

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Arm talent

Hes going to kill one of these Herman holdover WRs that dont have great hands..

That ball comes out with some serious heat on it.

6 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Since I apparently hate myself I decided to listen to FCB and Estes talk about the the Ewers commitment this morning. He had the audacity compare Ewers and Thompson to Bryce Young sitting behind Mac Jones for a year. Those Thompson family checks are still clearing it seems.

You are selling FCB short.  He played all the hits in that one:

• Casey led the Big 12 in TD's last season
  • Casey is the first Texas QB to throw 5 TD's in three games
  • Casey is like Major Applewhite to Quinn's Chris Simms

But yeah, he kept referring to Ewers as a first year QB when he just spent a season at tOSU.

4 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

But yeah, he kept referring to Ewers as a first year QB when he just spent a season at tOSU.

well he was probably drunk, so....

7 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Since I apparently hate myself I decided to listen to FCB and Estes talk about the the Ewers commitment this morning. He had the audacity compare Ewers and Thompson to Bryce Young sitting behind Mac Jones for a year. Those Thompson family checks are still clearing it seems.

To be fair, Ewers did sit behind Thompson for a year, he just did it from Ohio. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

I’m a fan of Casey Thompson but there have been plenty of games where his play was lacking. Chip has been sucking Casey’s dick balls deep all season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I’m a fan of Casey Thompson but there have been plenty of games where his play was lacking. Chip has been sucking Casey’s dick balls deep all season. 

Can’t throw a deep ball and we lost games because of it. 

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Hes going to kill one of these Herman holdover WRs that dont have great hands..

That ball comes out with some serious heat on it.

True,  but he also is very good at putting some touch on the ball when he needs to slow it down. 

Probably the best I've seen at that in High School.  

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This is a great comparison but I’ll also toss in mobility being a huge favor for Ewers. Stafford ran a 4.75 while Ewers is in the 4.5-4.6 range. That speed combined with a tad better arm strength gives him the edge. Uncanny how much they are alike though. Stafford can throw those weird arm angle throws with ease as well. Quinmas is upon us!!! 

28 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

This is a great comparison but I’ll also toss in mobility being a huge favor for Ewers. Stafford ran a 4.75 while Ewers is in the 4.5-4.6 range. That speed combined with a tad better arm strength gives him the edge. Uncanny how much they are alike though. Stafford can throw those weird arm angle throws with ease as well. Quinmas is upon us!!! 

And now, Ewers plays for the NCAA version of the Detroit Lions. 

Uncanny. 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2