Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

3 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

Stupid comment is stupid.

We were shocked he committed in the first place. If he committed in lieu of the dumpster fire then, yes, I am surprised he's pulled out considering this season is more of the same.

Yes, but he was the type of recruit that could have single handedly turned around the dumpster fire, and he knew that. I think what ultimately caused him to get cold feet may have been the mishandling of the school song controversy. I'm sure he heard about the band opting out of performing vs. Baylor, saw the picture of Sam standing alone for The Eyes after the OU game, seeing a divided team, and combining that with a lame duck coach and poor on the field results....it probably just became too much for him to justify walking into this situation. I'm disappointed, but I understand his decision to decommit. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yes, but he was the type of recruit that could have single handedly turned around the dumpster fire, and he knew that. I think what ultimately caused him to get cold feet may have been the mishandling of the school song controversy. I'm sure he heard about the band opting out of performing vs. Baylor, saw the picture of Sam standing alone for The Eyes after the OU game, seeing a divided team, and combining that with a lame duck coach and poor on the field results....it probably just became too much for him to justify walking into this situation. I'm disappointed, but I understand his decision to decommit. 

Yes. It was the song situation that everyone including Sam has come out and said was ridiculously overblown and the appearance of a divided team he’s 2 years away from joining. Not the 27 points against a shitty virus depleted squad with 3 days of practice. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This is what happened to Karen Aston, the former UT ladies basketball coach.  She started off very hot by recruiting tons of great McDonald All-Americans...only, to not being able to win with them, causing many to leave, and then being unable to recruit the best talent.....

Herman started out hot...but, without the ability to coach'm up and show progress,, he is failing to now recruit the best and keep the best.  Recruits want to be apart of a good/great team with potential to going to the next level.  We lost Dobbins, Garrett, Brocks, and on and on, because they don't see it happening here.  CDC, the ball is in your court. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

This is what happened to Karen Aston, the former UT ladies basketball coach.  She started off very hot by recruiting tons of great McDonald All-Americans...only, to not being able to win with them, causing many to leave, and then being unable to recruit the best talent.....

Herman started out hot...but, without the ability to coach'm up and show progress,, he is failing to now recruit the best and keep the best.  Recruits want to be apart of a good/great team with potential to going to the next level.  We lost Dobbins, Garrett, Brocks, and on and on, because they don't see it happening here.  CDC, the ball is in your court. 

God I wish Herman was coaching Ladies basketball right now

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Damn right! Don’t fuck this up CDC. Your job and future career also depends on it.

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

This shit is just going to keep getting worse until an Urban hire is made so I’m outie. Not masochistic enough for this.

This is where I’m at. I promised myself to not go down that path with the Brocks a year ago (fuck you Blake) and didn’t. I can’t handle this one, and the subsequent turns this causes right now. What a shitty turn of events. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

Ah, yes. It's our fault for being 'toxic'. 🙄

We are always shamed for giving a fuck about this program by media outlets who make their money off us giving a fuck. That seems like a bad business strategy.

Anyway if he is going to Ohio State I kind of doubt it was toxic fans that was the problem. It was, you know, our program being shitty at football.

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

Ah, yes. It's our fault for being 'toxic'. 🙄

lol @ Wescott's pathetic fan-shaming.  "One game." As if we're coming off a 15 game winning streak, and not .500 football for going on two seasons.

Since he can't patronize basketball fans about Shaka anymore, he's gotta pivot back to football for his condescension erotica. What an absolute fucking wanker.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

The thing that is interesting to me is the timing of the whole thing.

It was surprising to me that he committed as early as he did,  and now I am surprised he didn't let the season play out and see what we are going to do.  It's not like he would not get a place wherever he wanted to go if he waited. 

I was thinking don't fire Tom during the season unless Meyer was wrapped up,  but he really really has to go now.  

8 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

lol @ Wescott's pathetic fan-shaming.  "One game." As if we're coming off a 15 game winning streak, and not .500 football for going on two seasons.

Since he can't patronize basketball fans about Shaka anymore, he's gotta pivot back to football for his condescension erotica. What an absolute fucking wanker.

That, and when the fans freak the fuck out even in the midst of success, they are not axiomatically wrong. A lot of us were fucking furious after the KSU and A&M losses in 2006 and we were "bad fans" for not giving Mack and his fat happy staff his proper hall pass after 2005. But we were also right, because 2007 was a wasted season before significant changes were made to set up 2008. 2006 wasn't "good enough" and just an aw-shucks season, it was a huge wasted opportunity. 

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust
  • RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust