Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

13 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I think Quinn only cares about Quinn in this decision. The getting players to join him bit seems a little overplayed. This past year he's been acting in his own best interests

I dunno, having great players around him "is" in his best interest, and is part of why he went to Ohio State in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Aslan24 said:

Hmm.

I’ve known Chris and the entire Kittley clan  all the way back to grandpa Kittley in Rule, TX for 30 years. Chris told me he would bet his daughters life that Tech was hiring Briles when they ran off Leach. Said it was a done deal. He’s very much in a position to know a lot of things because of his dad and little brother, but he’s also full of a lot of shit. This is just him being upset that someone pointed out that Southwestern Oklahoma (lbk) is vastly inferior to anywhere besides Beaumont and all of New Mexico.

Edited by Herbie Hancock
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Chris told me he would bet his daughters life that Tech was hiring Briles when they ran off Leach. Said it was a done deal. 

I know some of the large O&G boosters that lobbied hard for this.  Hocutt shut it down but from what I understand it was very close to being done.  

12 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Looks like Ewers was training at APEC Ft Worth today. That explains the TCU visit more than anything. 

I know a kid that works out there and was up there today. He said some of the trainers there think it’s gonna be Tech cause of the OC and because Ewers OC in HS is gonna be the QB coach there. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I know a kid that works out there and was up there today. He said some of the trainers there think it’s gonna be Tech cause of the OC and because Ewers OC in HS is gonna be the QB coach there. 

So in other words,  they don't know shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I’ve known Chris and the entire Kittley clan  all the way back to grandpa Kittley in Rule, TX for 30 years. Chris told me he would bet his daughters life that Tech was hiring Briles when they ran off Leach. Said it was a done deal. He’s very much in a position to know a lot of things because of his dad and little brother, but he’s also full of a lot of shit. This is just him being upset that someone pointed out that Southwestern Oklahoma (lbk) is vastly inferior to anywhere besides Beaumont and all of New Mexico.

26 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I know some of the large O&G boosters that lobbied hard for this.  Hocutt shut it down but from what I understand it was very close to being done.  

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It was to the point that we had heard it was fait accompli 2 years ago. 

I think Herbie is talking a different timeline. Leach was fired after the 2009 season. With back-to-back 4-8 seasons to start his Baylor tenure, Briles hardly had the Rape Machine up and running, much less at full capacity yet. Hocutt didn't even get to Tech in 2011. At any rate, there was some talk that Tech might say fuck it and hire him after jettisoning Kingsbury but Hocutt probably shut it down there. I know many thought he'd get a look this time before they went with McGuire. The O&G Bro Boosters were pushing hard for Leach to be rehired this December.

9 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

So they were saying the exact same things that all of the $9.95 experts were saying? So weird. It's almost like there is a script they are following. 

The Sark pitch to Ewers has to be something like:

Tech might be able to drum up enough money to outbid us. But, you’re going to be running for your life every single play. Because any O-Lineman that’s worth anything is going to Austin where, without having to play a down of football, they will sign a NIL deal that’s worth 50k JUST for being a Lineman.

I still doubt Tech can outbid Texas for NIL money, but the added bonus of having highly motivated athletes who are being brought in to protect Ewer’s career HAS to be a significant factor.

Edited by Aslan24

5 minutes ago, Aslan24 said:

Tech might be able to drum up enough money to outbid us. But, you’re going to be running for your life every single play. Because any O-Lineman that’s worth anything is going to Austin where, without having to play a down of football, they will sign a NIL deal that’s worth 50k JUST for being a Lineman.

I still doubt Tech can outbid Texas for NIL money, but the added bonus of having highly motivated athletes who are being brought in to protect Ewer’s career HAS to be a significant factor.

That pitch might be alright, once we can back it up on the field.

12 minutes ago, Aslan24 said:

It is that they are building a coaching infrastructure specifically to help him succeed by making hires that make him feel comfortable that the job is his and that they know his strengths. They are essentially hoping to create Ewers Tech.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust