Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

I think the drama. The - will Quinn come to Texas or not? If not, where?Wasn’t Tennessee trying to get Simms as well? And then when he came to Texas he showed up in a limo. Now Quinn has the NIL stuff and schools tripping over themselves trying get him. The way I see it he wasn’t even a consideration 2 weeks ago. 

There was a lot of attention on Simms' recruitment, sure.  But that had everything to do with how highly rated he was and his name, not really anything to do with his actions.  Ewers' actions have been full-on drama.  I don't know if he's an attention whore, but I'm not sure that an attention whore could do much better.

I see no comparison between the two other than both are highly-rated QBs.

• Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

What has Ewers done to cause drama? I can't think of a single thing. He let potentially interested schools know he was going to transfer. Then he entered the portal. Then he visited some schools after taking a visit from a coach.

He hasn't been on social media about it, his family has been tight-lipped about it, and they are going through a process that has so far taken about 3 days. In fact, the main reason you are seeing so much drama is specifically because Ewers and his family haven't caused any so the people who make money off of information are just filling the vacuum with a large amount of guesses and bullshit.

This thread is filled with weirdo fanfic. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

There was a lot of attention on Simms' recruitment, sure.  But that had everything to do with how highly rated he was and his name, not really anything to do with his actions.  Ewers' actions have been full-on drama.  I don't know if he's an attention whore, but I'm not sure that an attention whore could do much better.

The guy is literally not talking to anyone. Attention whore? You can get fucked. Negged. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

How exactly has Ewers been drama? He decommitted from a school because of a dipshit coach and went to another school that gave a $1 million NIL deal. He then reclassified and went early because the state law prohibited him from taking advantage of the deal as a high school student. He then left that school because the playing time conditions of the NIL could not be met. He has not been a malcontent, or any kind of high drama kid in public. He has played these things close to the vest and is not looking for more social media followers or soliciting "likes". I fail to see where any drama is happening. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

How exactly has Ewers been drama? He decommitted from a school because of a dipshit coach and went to another school that gave a $1 million NIL deal. He then reclassified and went early because the state law prohibited him from taking advantage of the deal as a high school student. He then left that school because the playing time conditions of the NIL could not be met. He has not been a malcontent, or any kind of high drama kid in public. He has played these things close to the vest and is not looking for more social media followers or soliciting "likes". I fail to see where any drama is happening. 

He does a last-minute decision to enroll early after switching his commitment and then is transferring after one year... Ok, if you don't call that drama, fine.  I guess we just see things differently.  I still think the comparison to Simms was bad, but what do I know?

• Fuck You 9

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

What has Ewers done to cause drama? I can't think of a single thing. He let potentially interested schools know he was going to transfer. Then he entered the portal. Then he visited some schools after taking a visit from a coach.

He hasn't been on social media about it, his family has been tight-lipped about it, and they are going through a process that has so far taken about 3 days. In fact, the main reason you are seeing so much drama is specifically because Ewers and his family haven't caused any so the people who make money off of information are just filling the vacuum with a large amount of guesses and bullshit.

buncha fuckin idiots mad because the kid decomitted to make a quick 6 figures while Texas was trying to figure out if they were going to keep herman or not.  every single last person here would have done the same, and if they say they wouldnt, they are dumber than I thought.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Who is Austin Massey and if he reports on college football how does he not know that Ketchum is full of shit?

He seems like a Tech 9.95er.

Which is perfect since I can see the double eagle guy flopping their dicks on the table and throwing around the oil money to drive the price up. Ketchum needs all press credentials revoked for his ENTIRE STAFF for doing bullshit like this. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

SHUT UP DUMB BITCH YOU DON'T CONTRIBUTE TO BURNT ENDS SO YOUR FUCKING OPINIONS REGARDING EWERS IS FUCKING IRRELEVANT, LITERALLY GO SIT IN A CORNER AND EAT A BAG OF DICKS WITH STOOPS.

Firm, but fair.

Quinn Ewers would be extremely welcome. Hundreds of students would be wearing mullet wigs to celebrate his first appearance.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Quinn-Ewers-transfer-portal-Texas-Longhorns-Texas-Tech-TCU-177627337/

• First thing's first: The Ewers family and the schools recruiting him are playing things close to the vest, per the family’s request. So not a ton will leak. There's no definite timeline and nobody from the Ewers camp has been too clear about a frontrunner. 
  • That being said, there is cautious optimism from Austin that Ewers will "likely" be a Longhorn. The family is said to like Ewers’ path to the field in Austin. There’s also a talent infrastructure in place for Ewers to be immediately successful. That’s just one source’s opinion. But there is some quiet confidence in Austin about Texas’ chances. Remember, Ewers is a former Texas commit and grew up rooting for the Longhorns. His relationship with Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian stretches back years to when Sarkisian recruited Ewers at Alabama.

For more on Texas’ pursuit of Ewers, be sure to check out Mike Roach’s insider piece at Horns247 (VIP).
  • The Texas Tech buzz for Ewers is very real. Multiple sources familiar with how the visit went said Ewers “loved” his trip to Lubbock. Texas Tech will have an exciting, fast-paced offense led by former Western Kentucky offensive coordinator Zach Kittley. The Air Raid disciple was just named 247Sports’ Offensive Coordinator of the Year and his former QB, Bailey Zappe is on the verge of setting Joe Burrow’s FBS single-season touchdown record.

The actions of this thread have been full on drama precisely because Ewers himself is going about this very quietly. In a thread of monumentally stupid posts, this stands out. Bravo.

Just now, UncleSonny said:

Nahlin starting to feel more confident. Throws shade at Ketch and mentions they are sitting on two positive notes for UT's chances.

FCB and Ketch to release those two notes shortly.  Bigshots really need to get the message across to CDC how much these two dipshits hurt the football program time and time again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust