Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

Additionally, the Ewers family are obviously being very private about this process. They don't want that kind of attention, so of course he's ladling that kind of attention on them as he seemingly represents Texas and our fanbase. Ladling it on like it is the fucking gravy bath he takes daily. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

56 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I dont hate Ketch as much as I probably should, but to call this "weaponization" is disingenuous.  It has nothing to do with weaponizing things.  This is just the way CFB is going to be for now.  Paying kids a shit ton of money is Texas saying they are here to play ball in this new era of college football.

A lot of schools that arent building NIL programs are going to be left wondering what the fuck happened to all their recruits in a few years if they dont start doing the same.  I am actually glad we seem to be slightly ahead of the curve on this one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Additionally, the Ewers family are obviously being very private about this process. They don't want that kind of attention, so of course he's ladling that kind of attention on them as he seemingly represents Texas and our fanbase. Ladling it on like was the fucking gravy bath he takes daily. 

Yeah, what family would honestly. CTJ has told the story a few times of Bryce Young's father telling Saban in no uncertain terms to shut the fuck up about how much money he's making though NIL.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Additionally, the Ewers family are obviously being very private about this process. They don't want that kind of attention, so of course he's ladling that kind of attention on them as he seemingly represents Texas and our fanbase. Ladling it on like it is the fucking gravy bath he takes daily. 

and that too.

2 minutes ago, Sarks Personal Bartender said:

Man, that Kittley dude sounds legit. It’s still Tech so I could still bet on him bombing, but that’s quite a fucking offense he ran.

I'm interested to see how his offense looks against Power 5 competition. WKU only faced two defenses in the top 50 for yards per game, and one of them was Army. They faced three or four defenses that ranked outside the top 100. That's not to say that he can't figure it out against the Big 12, I'm just curious to see how he adapts to better athletes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Aslan24 said:

I'm interested to see how his offense looks against Power 5 competition. WKU only faced two defenses in the top 50 for yards per game, and one of them was Army. They faced three or four defenses that ranked outside the top 100. That's not to say that he can't figure it out against the Big 12, I'm just curious to see how he adapts to better athletes.

Exactly.  Let's see how he handles a defense oriented B12 now.

Just now, UncleSonny said:

Yeah, what family would honestly. CTJ has told the story a few times of Bryce Young's father telling Saban in no uncertain terms to shut the fuck up about how much money he's making though NIL.

It's this.  Ewers has three or more large NIL deals already.  He can likely get similar deals regardless of where he goes.  Making the claim his NIL money would be due to the school he chooses or that it is a recruiting tool for a player with his profile is equal parts condescending and dishonest.

It's a recruiting tool for the non-star positions who need help to maximize exposure.  The top tier players are able to care for themselves.

• Hook 'Em 2

Are there really still people hating on Ewers for decommitting? Would any of y'all have been excited to see your son play for Herman?!? It was a completely logical decision. You can say he should've waited to see who the new coach was going to be, but he was an 18 year kid caught up in the most exciting experience of his life. I really can't hold a grudge for that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Granted between Ewers and Murphy from strictly a talent standpoint I'd take Ewers, but is there any discussion on what Murphy does if Ewers does commit? Might've been covered above but don't care.

Well, QE could declare for the draft in two years and Murphy needs a couple of years to develop. So I would guess he's OK sitting back and learning for a few years before getting his shot as a RS Soph. Which is how things work in a functioning program anyway.

Edited by irishtexan
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Granted between Ewers and Murphy from strictly a talent standpoint I'd take Ewers, but is there any discussion on what Murphy does if Ewers does commit? Might've been covered above but don't care.

I think the thought is Maalik knows he's a project and willing to redshirt, learn, and develop.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Are there really still people hating on Ewers for decommitting? Would any of y'all have been excited to see your son play for Herman?!? It was a completely logical decision. You can say he should've waited to see who the new coach was going to be, but he was an 18 year kid caught up in the most exciting experience of his life. I really can't hold a grudge for that. 

This needs to be kept in mind for all players we are recruiting that don’t sign with us next week. They may be looking around a year later. 

All the negative shit being said about Quinn is baseless in my opinion. The kid was committed to his dream school until the coach talked shit about him, so obviously he decommitted. He then gave up his senior year of HS for 7 figures. 7. Every single one of you fucks would do the same thing.

He then went to tOSU and was treated as a pariah by the coaches because he "screwed up their recruiting". He wasn't given a fair shake at tOSU, and no one is going to stick around somewhere they know they are resented.

As others have said, there has been no drama from him anywhere he has gone. If he doesn't choose Texas, it doesn't reflect negatively on him as a person or athlete.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Sarks Personal Bartender said:

Man, that Kittley dude sounds legit. It’s still Tech so I could still bet on him bombing, but that’s quite a fucking offense he ran.

He looks like old school Air Raid to me. Everyone from that tree has moved on from this offense and added a run game, except Leach. 666 passing plays to 321 running plays. 

5600 passing yards to 1200 rushing yards. Despite all that passing, they finished 9th in yards per attempt and dead last in rushing yards. Team went from 5-7 to 8-5. This is the offense that the drop 8 defense has pretty much run out of college football. 

• Hook 'Em 2

In hindsight, if his family really is very well off then maybe he doesn’t choose to reclassify if he only did it to get to NIL money.  Tough to call that a mistake in real time though, and it’s arguable even now. 

but it would mean that he’s a recruit now and looking at Texas the same way he is now, looking at other schools. Not much is different other than the last year spent at Ohio state instead of southlake. There’s really not a ton of difference football wise from making that choice. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

4 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

How did he “screw up” tosu recruiting? 

I think he meant he made the whole qb room too full. They had it fairly balanced out with redshirts and taking 1 a class but this created two true freshman and a redshirt freshman in the same room. With him gone that allows for Devin Brown to fill the spot originally intended for him prior to his early enrollment 

Edited by Dondrysdale1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Why do I keep hearing about "he's rich so he doesn't care about the money".

Rich people know the first rule to being rich is to make more money.  As much as possible.  

It's how they got to being rich (unless inherited).

So, do you think they will suddenly cease their mindset once they get to a certain amount of dollars in the bank?!?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, MoJames said:

16 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Well, QE could declare for the draft in two years and Murphy needs a couple of years to develop. So I would guess he's OK sitting back and learning for a few years before getting his shot as a RS Soph. Which is how things work in a functioning program anyway.

Yeah, assuming all goes to play we'd get two years of Ewers before he declares for the Draft and Maalik, thought of as a project anyway, sits and learns.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In hindsight, if his family really is very well off then maybe he doesn’t choose to reclassify if he only did it to get to NIL money.  Tough to call they a mistake in real time though, and it’s arguable even now. 

Just because his parents are rich, it doesn’t mean he’s rich.  He might be rich when they die, sure, but that is probably decades away.  Getting your own money that you can do whatever the fuck you want to do with it has a lot of value. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Aslan24 said:

Okay as someone who actually lives in Lubbock, let me just say it’s a bad place to visit, but it’s a nice place to live.

Not a lot of exciting attractions, but a lot of good food. We’ve got an Alamo drafthouse. Some great BBQ. A couple of Torchy’s tacos. Cost of living is low. It’s nice.

It’s no Austin, DFW, or even Waco, but it really is alright when you live here.

Wait is Torchy's tacos a real place??  I moved out of TX a while ago, but all this time I thought this was just an euphemism for clap-laden Lubbock girls  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

I just don't believe Nahlin. He and his cabana boy Justin are always certain things are trending in our direction, until something changes and then they're holding their dicks and shrugging and saying "I don't know what happened". 

We'll make sure this is noted in the minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Not sure the time stamp on this... but fuck it

Post was made at 11:40 a.m. CST, so roughly 17 minutes ago.

Honestly, the Spurs text chat story more believable than the weed dealers and other "sources" we've got so far. Put him in the calculator. 

Edit: LotusCorn joined the 247 board in December 2017 and has ~260 posts there, one of them being the past "scoop" he mentions about Card being the starter - which was posted on 8/25. Too lazy to check where that falls in relation to when that announcement was made by Sark publicly. 

Edited by derpyhorndog

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust