San Antonio

TexasHooch

23 hours ago, CHIEF said:

Toro, over on Commerce is a great Spanish Tapas place. Not sure if they will have flamenco music tonight, but you would be in for a treat if they do. Full of hot ass women as well.

https://www.torokitchenandbar.com

Don't eat at the Hemisfair Needle, but go to the bar, if it is open, and enjoy the view.

CHIEF

The last time we went to SA we had dinner here after drinking on the river walk for a few hours. Easy to walk to and we had a great time. This place fucks. 

On 8/15/2020 at 12:16 PM, DallasHorn26 said:

For the tea right?

The best thing in the menu is chicken strips. Let that sink in.  Even the tea is shit.  It's watery, too sweet, and nothing more than the same liptons you can get at and grocery store.  But it does come in a giant gallon tub.  Or does it anymore, hell if I know.

On 8/22/2020 at 6:29 PM, Mac8111 said:

Just tried to do Wayne’s Wings and they said It was over a two hour wait for take out

They got robbed about 2 weeks ago. I was surprised when I found out they took cash. I would have robbed them for the wings (Texas honey bee)What kinda idiot would take cash from Wayne's wings? 

On 8/9/2020 at 1:10 PM, Orale said:

I've been to Panchitos a handful of times (to-go) since the pandemic began and it's been terrible each time. A shame because it was always a solid bet. 

Really? They've been good every time we've ordered from them but we primarily pick up for breakfast. Panchito's breakfast special -- potato/egg/chorizo/beans -- has been on point every time.

• 1 month later...

Image is from a Las Vegas restaurant's instagram post.

San Antonio does have places though that serve similar tacos which are called birria tacos. 

https://www.expressnews.com/food/restaurants/article/5-great-Mexican-restaurants-for-birria-tacos-in-15540343.php#photo-19905677

Only been to El Remedio from the list. Damn good tacos. They have a weird ordering system though right now due to COVID. You have to order them on their website, days ahead of time and they sell out fast.

Edited by deac_tracy

Well fuck me runnin'.  No wonder the dickhead poster didn't give any info.  I was going crazy trying to find the place.

Looks like I've got a reason to get to Vegas soon.

Edited by Cajun
Oh, and username checks out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, midtown said:

Looking forward to getting down there soon.  Maybe Ill take the kids down this wknd and chow down.   Michael Huff bought a bunch of meals for people there this past wknd.

Saw via the Twatters that HuffDaddy also paid for 400 wing meals up in Dallas.  Not via Pluckers, but whatevs - probably better to support a smaller operation if it was.

17 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

Pinkerton’s BBq was pretty damn good yesterday. Downtown by Frost Bank building. He is big UT fan. Beautiful place.

my only issue is that 2M exists there and 100/100 times I am taking 2M over Pinkertons if I am going into town for Q. Now if you already live in SA and are closer to downtown, then sure, that changes things a little...either way, glad for more (actually) good Q in SA.

my only issue is that 2M exists there and 100/100 times I am taking 2M over Pinkertons if I am going into town for Q. Now if you already live in SA and are closer to downtown, then sure, that changes things a little...either way, glad for more (actually) good Q in SA.

My meals at 2M have always been great and I think I prefer them to Pinkerton’s. Plus that sausage and nopalitos.

But it’s always nice to have choices.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

My meals at 2M have always been great and I think I prefer them to Pinkerton’s. Plus that sausage and nopalitos.

But it’s always nice to have choices.

agreed, especially when folks in SA loved the Granary (had nothing that was awesome there any of the times I went) - more good BBQ = better.

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

You are correct.  My only issue with 2M is the fact that they are only To Go right now (i think) and since they are not close to my house at all, I am not always trying to slam a slab of ribs in my truck.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Was in SA for work and went to Pinkertons today. Above average but not great or even good.  I wanted to love it because he seems like he loves BBQ and the Horns. Sausage was average, cold slaw had no flavor. Brisket was good not great but it was a $40 meal with a Lawnmower. 

The location is dope and I’m not sure if the green space is theirs or the City of SA. They could have some cool music and the bar set up is nice. More Lamberts than a normal BBQ joint but still a walk through order process but bar is separate.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:06 AM, NoName said:

especially when folks in SA loved the Granary (had nothing that was awesome there any of the times I went)

Didn't Texas monthly name their corned beef the best in the state at one point?   Not defending SA BBQ or lack there of but shouldn't they get some credit when due?

San Antonio has awesome food even if truly great BBQ isn’t its top draw.

Macho tostada burger at Chris Madrid’s kills. Absolutely kills. 

Josephine Street Steakhouse is the shit. Very reminiscent of the  in Austin.  It’s not “fine dining” but it’s a great piece of steak drowning in their Hofbrau style sauce that’s like liquid crack. The onion rings are fantastic. The setting is perfect. 

Schilo’s Deli with house rootbeer, house sinus clearing mustard, and hot German potato salad.

And not even scraping the surface of the fantastic Tex-Mex and Mexican. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1