Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

8 hours ago, MillerEP said:

It’s basically the plot of major league but with soccer, based off a parody commercial, and though it shouldn’t work it’s a brilliant show. Highly recommended if anybody else shells out for apple+

Agreed this should be stupider than shit but it is somehow pretty good

• Hook 'Em 1

Not too bad so far. Although, I don't know if it's worth keeping Apple TV for. I thought all the episodes had already dropped so I signed up for a free Apple trial last night. I watched the first three episodes, but I'm going to end my subscription at the end of the trial. Maybe I'll pick it back up after all the episodes have posted.

Also, the Apple TV site is shit. Maybe there's an app that makes the interface better, but it was awful trying to watch it on my PC through Chrome. 

20 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Not too bad so far. Although, I don't know if it's worth keeping Apple TV for. I thought all the episodes had already dropped so I signed up for a free Apple trial last night. I watched the first three episodes, but I'm going to end my subscription at the end of the trial. Maybe I'll pick it back up after all the episodes have posted.

Also, the Apple TV site is shit. Maybe there's an app that makes the interface better, but it was awful trying to watch it on my PC through Chrome. 

Of all the ways to watch Apple TV+, I'm pretty sure on a PC through Chrome is the one Apple is least concerned with.

• Haha 2

Watched Sudekis on Seth Meyers last night. It was just supposed to be a one time thing, but NBC asked him to do more. Sudekis said he couldn't believe how popular the character was until foreign celebrities started coming up to him saying how much they loved it.

I saw the ad for this and was surprised they were able to create a show around the concept. I was going to get an apple TV trial for dickinson so maybe I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Does anyone watch on an android? Is it just a mess or what?

• Like 1

We watched the first 4 episodes last night. Holy shit, that was funny. And just a well done show.  The GF is not a soccer fan and was skeptical, but even she was into it. The soccer part is very secondary.

We were all pissed that we have to wait a week for the next episode. 

Watching with captions helped. Some low talkers with thick British accents. 

Edited by Jive Turkey

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

The GF is not a soccer fan and was skeptical, but even she was into it. The soccer part is very secondary.

This is what I heard on The Kickaround on The Ticket. They loved the show and said soccer is not the reason to watch.

20 hours ago, ztejas said:

I saw the ad for this and was surprised they were able to create a show around the concept. I was going to get an apple TV trial for dickinson so maybe I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Does anyone watch on an android? Is it just a mess or what?

Best bet is to get an Apple TV, Rocku, or FireTV. 

9 hours ago, RPM said:

This is what I heard on The Kickaround on The Ticket. They loved the show and said soccer is not the reason to watch.

Soccer plays virtually no direct part in the show other than it is the sport they used to be able to have a team/coach concept. It’s definitely not meant for soccer fans specifically.

Just watched the first 3 episodes and it's fantastic.  I am surprised at how much I like all of the characters especially the older soccer player that is a jerk but yet a good guy at the same time.  I also needed subtitles to help out but I am finding that helps on quite a few shows I am trying to watch from England (Luther being another one).

3 hours ago, lateshow said:

I just looked her up and apparently she's 45 years old. That's a rough looking 45. 

I was going to offer a counter opinion, but yeah, I guess she does look more like a fifty-something than 45. A bit too toothy for my tastes (hey, she’s British) but she is in hella good shape. Seems like she could pick you up and throw you around a bit.

8 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I was going to offer a counter opinion, but yeah, I guess she does look more like a fifty-something than 45. A bit too toothy for my tastes (hey, she’s British) but she is in hella good shape. Seems like she could pick you up and throw you around a bit.

At first, I thought that woman is very attractive for a chick in her mid to late 50s. Then I googled and found out she's 45! 

• Hook 'Em 1

Made my wife start this with me.

Loved the original commercials and to this day still call Liverpool and ManU the Cowboys and also the Cowboys with my premiere league LFC fan buddy.

Told my wife when we started this, it’s gonna suck cause I don’t know how they are gonna turn 3 commercials into a series.

We both really like it and are pleasantly surprised with the whole show and cast

Predicted season cliffhanger (I have zero knowledge of what happens, but shows need dramatic tension, so here goes, spoilered in case I’m right):

Spoiler

We all know Ted has worked hard to win over grumpy Roy, and he’s done so. There’s been increasing sexual tension/flirting between Roy and Keely. There’s also an odd, hint of “will Ted maybe fuck his toothy owner? That couldn’t happen, could it?” So everyone is getting sloshed, there’s Ted Lasso, the Owner, Keely and Roy, maybe it’s an end of season event where everyone has too much to drink. Cut to the next morning, sunlight penetrating thru the blinds, and there’s Ol’ Ted Lasso, hung over in bed with a female arm slung on top of him. Holy hell, he’s done it, he banged the boss! But the woman rolls over, and it’s... Keely! Ted has a “WTF?” look on his face, roll credits.

• Haha 1

Was pretty shocked at this weeks ender with dual Aces.

Also the AI reference had me in tears almost immediately, to the point that when it ended I had to stop and show the wife the original. She loved AI even though she barely cared about the NBA so she thought it was greatness.

I’m hooked on this show and honestly the weekly drop feed format is killing me, especially when they post nexts weeks episode with “drops on 9/11”

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Grimas said:

It looks like there are 2 more episodes (8 total) left.

wikipedia is saying 4 more left.  (whew)  even that's not enough.

"All Apologies" Phoebe Walsh 

"Make Rebecca Great Again" Story by : Joe Kelly & Brendan Hunt
Teleplay by : Jason Sudeikis

"The Diamond Dogs"  Leann Bowen

"The Hope that Kills You" Story by : Joe Kelly & Jason Sudeikis
Teleplay by : Brendan Hunt

Damn it. I was watching on Couchtuner and accidentally watched E6 first. I thought there was a lot of unexplained background for a pilot. Starting E1 now.

Just binged. Oklahoma. I love this show.

Edited by RPM

On 9/9/2020 at 9:07 AM, Vito Andolini said:

Predicted season cliffhanger (I have zero knowledge of what happens, but shows need dramatic tension, so here goes, spoilered in case I’m right):

Reveal hidden contents

We all know Ted has worked hard to win over grumpy Roy, and he’s done so. There’s been increasing sexual tension/flirting between Roy and Keely. There’s also an odd, hint of “will Ted maybe fuck his toothy owner? That couldn’t happen, could it?” So everyone is getting sloshed, there’s Ted Lasso, the Owner, Keely and Roy, maybe it’s an end of season event where everyone has too much to drink. Cut to the next morning, sunlight penetrating thru the blinds, and there’s Ol’ Ted Lasso, hung over in bed with a female arm slung on top of him. Holy hell, he’s done it, he banged the boss! But the woman rolls over, and it’s... Keely! Ted has a “WTF?” look on his face, roll credits.

You got pretty close there.