Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

12 hours ago, Brew said:

You got pretty close there.

Yeah, my scenario was kinda weirdly playing out, but Sassy is the wrench in the works...

And could Ted’s wife be more anxious to get the divorce papers signed? Chill, bitch. 

Coach Beard is one of the unsung delights of this show, he and Ted’s obscure, the-only-two-people-in-the-world-will-get-this connections are fun (kinda like J.D. and Turk in Lawrence’s Scrubs). Singing Lady Gaga was unexpected yet totally on brand.

19 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

what a wonderful surprise. this is a truly great series. i have no idea how it works but it just does. the cast, the writing, the execution are all brilliant. funny, heart warming and breaking at the same time. just a wonderful series. if you havent started it, do it. its worth your time.

I think Bill Lawrence might deserve some credit for how well this show flows.

• Hook 'Em 1

so how does Jamie Tartt return to AFC Richmond?

something is going to happen in the last match against Man City.  Richmond will either draw or win to avoid relegation.  Jamie gonna shank a PK on purpose? doubt it.  but something wonky has to happen in that game.

Edited by Jive Turkey

The wife and I were talking about that, they don’t really ever show gameplay so it might involve some sideline activity between Roy, Jaime and Lasso or it might be pre-game or halftime antics. Jaime still absolutely blames Lasso for his loan callback and Roy has really bought into Lasso’s mission.

I could see Jaime losing his cool and picking up a red against lasso or Roy, giving Richmond a chance to avoid relegation.

6 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

The wife and I were talking about that, they don’t really ever show gameplay so it might involve some sideline activity between Roy, Jaime and Lasso or it might be pre-game or halftime antics. Jaime still absolutely blames Lasso for his loan callback and Roy has really bought into Lasso’s mission.

I could see Jaime losing his cool and picking up a red against lasso or Roy, giving Richmond a chance to avoid relegation.

Has to involve girlfriend 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Been meaning to start this, and couldn’t sleep last night so I ended up binging the whole thing. 
very nicely thought out. I assume they get relegated, and next season they do well enough in L1 to get back.  

I think Roy comes in and does something to keep them from getting relegated. There still has to be some fallout from the one night with Sassy.

They can't get relegated, because then their American fans won't be able to follow what's going on. "We're playing Manchester United this week" makes sense to everyone, because we all recognize that name and know they're good. If they say, "We're playing Reading this week" it will lead to a lot of confusion. Plus, if they get relegated they won't be able to qualify for the Champion's League next season when Ted finally figures out how to really coach soccer.

My son recommended this series. Even said he would pay for a year of Apple TV + so I could watch it. Plus - it’s almost my birthday. I bought a new Apple TV and got a free year of Plus included. So I watched Ted Lasso. Great cast and acting, great story and it makes you feel so good, plus I now want to go back to England so badly. I loved it. Highly recommend.