Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

Started my second run-through tonight with Mrs. C-Man. I've been pushing her hard to give it a shot. Caught some lines in the first episode that I missed the first time around.

Did the exact same thing last night for the exact same reason.  It’s still excellent.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this and wanted to say that it really sucks...

Nah...

I've binged it in two days, and I fucking hate soccer.  Is there anyone who doesn't love this show?

Edited by Beau Vine

So I haven't read through this whole thread... curious about this show, as I've heard good things. Watched the trailer for season 1 and it looked pretty underwhelming... looked like a fairly predictable "fish out of water" story... assume that's just a bad trailer that doesn't really capture the spirit of the show?

So I haven't read through this whole thread... curious about this show, as I've heard good things. Watched the trailer for season 1 and it looked pretty underwhelming... looked like a fairly predictable "fish out of water" story... assume that's just a bad trailer that doesn't really capture the spirit of the show?

Nope not even close.

I was skeptical as all get out and I loved the 2 commercials they originally did when they created the character but I went into this telling my wife I don’t know how they are going to turn a skit into a full series without making it “a night at the Roxbury”.

I was completely wrong.

The good thing was they also got out most of the original commercial’s jokes in the first 15 minutes. I think one other joke was bright back later with the offsides joke in a later episode but that was it.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Just watch it. Like you have something better to do. 

22 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Go into it with that exact attitude. Then sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Hook 'Em 1

We binged this over the past week and loved it. I was skeptical about watching it for a long time but it had overwhelmingly positive reviews and it lived up to the hype.

All of the characters are great but I particularly loved Nate, Roy Kent, and Beard.

It’s also a much needed breath of fresh air with its general positive and uplifting tone.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 3:39 PM, sidis said:

primary complaint about the show is that keeley hazell is in it but keeley hazell's tits are not in it.

I had no idea that was her until watching the credits because there's no indication in the show that she even has tits.  

And apparently Sudekis is banging her in real life.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

he is neither that big of star nor that rich nor that funny to merit that harem.  mercy, top marks all around.

That's what I thought, but my wife said he was extremely hot. I don't see, but OK.

But Pete Davidson still holds the crown for the most WTF relationships. I will never understand the quality of the women that he's been with.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

That's what I thought, but my wife said he was extremely hot. I don't see, but OK.

But Pete Davidson still holds the crown for the most WTF relationships. I will never understand the quality of the women that he's been with.

Apparently his dong is 3 feet long and ribbed for her pleasure.

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Sudeikis won the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Comedy. The series lost out to Schitt’s Creek, which I enjoy, but isn’t better than Ted Lasso, and which was blown enough at the Emmy’s but whatever. 

I honestly expected Eugene Levy to win just because it was the last season. But yeah, Ted Lasso is the best thing to happen to tv the past 2 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It has a very strong Parks & Rec vibe.  We watched it in like 2 days it was so good.  Lasso is pretty much Leslie Knope and it's like Ron Swanson's personality was split in half to create Roy and Coach Beard.

Edited by kevwun

New cast member for S2

Sarah-Niles-Headshot-h-2021-1614881978-9

Apple's Ted Lasso is adding to its cast.

Sarah Niles has boarded the comedy from star Jason Sudeikis and Bill Lawrence as a series regular for its upcoming second season.

The I May Destroy You and Trying actress will play Sharon, a sports psychologist who has been brought in to work with AFC Richmond.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ted-lasso-enlists-i-may-destroy-you-actress-for-season-2

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

????  How does that make any sense?

Ted Lasso is basically a sports psychologist masquerading as a coach. 

I think if anything his optimism more of a self-defense mechanism and less to his ability to gain insight into what people are thinking/feeling. 

Or he’s just a good guy. No ulterior motives for how he handles himself.

I’ve said before that was a fun revelation early in the series: the cynic in me fully expecting a curveball that he was actually an asshole or had some dark milkshake duck secrets, but NOPE! Just a decent guy, doing the right thing for his family, his buddies, his coworkers, the team. The whole show is just likable, funny, endearing characters top to bottom. Even the pricks turn around. That’s good enough for me.

• Hook 'Em 3

Ted Lasso did really well at the Critics Choice Awards a few days ago:

Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Hannah Waddingham – “Ted Lasso” (Apple TV Plus)
Best Actor in a Comedy Series: Jason Sudeikis, “Ted Lasso” (Apple TV Plus)
Best Comedy Series: “Ted Lasso” (Apple TV Plus)

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/2021-critics-choice-awards-winners-list-1234922714/

I'm expecting some Emmy love.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 1

Decided to give it another go today, and knocked out four episodes, seemingly in no time. It’s such an easy, pleasant, entertaining watch. 

I didn’t catch (or didn’t have the context) the first time thru to realize Young Rebecca (“Bex” the real life Keeley), who was brought to the auction by Jamie Tartt to run up his bid, appeared to begin her relationship with Rupert Mannion that night.

It’s fun again to see Nathan gain his voice, Higgins find joy, Roy get some of the rough edges sanded and Rebecca learn not all men are snakes.