Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

she told that it's a yearly tradition for her. that's the part that makes no sense. again, it's not a huge deal, but there's a zero percent chance that the actual Rebecca we met in season one was going around doing that stuff every christmas before Ted arrived.

Yeah, Derka, I side with those saying she was shitty Rebecca mostly because she was going through a really bad breakup after a tumultuous marriage with a serial philanderer. She had depth, though, as she's kind of left Sassy behind -- or at least neglected her godmother duties anyways. Maybe it was a stretch. My main quibble thus far is that's TOO happy with very little conflict. The twitter guy who Carol weirdly clapped back at was mostly correct. Hey, it happens. Season 1 was a magical masterpiece, probably aided that it came in a time period when much of the world needed a morale boost. Hard to recapture that feel. I thoroughly enjoyed Scrubs when it was on but it's not a Top 100 all-time TV show. Lasso S1 was absolutely incredible, S2 has not achieved the same heights -- at least through four episodes.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

one of the show runners must be an Arsenal supporter, as i am loving the fact that there have been little bits of Arsenal sprinkled throughout this season. Seeing Wrighty (Arsenal legend Ian Wright) is just the latest feature. COYG. 🔴

I thought it was a hilarious way to make sure everyone hated Rebecca’s first guy when they had him on the double date saying he roots for city or united, whichever is better that season.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Why did Jamie’s transformation trigger his panic attack?

Definitely not saying I’m right here, but maybe the comment that Ted ruined Tartt triggered something that reminded him of how he tried to make things better with his family/marriage but in trying to make it better it just unfortunately made it worse. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Wasn’t really Jamie, more so the pressure from the match and probably the call about his son from earlier?

That was my take. His kid needed him and he wasn't there, then right at that moment things were looking dicey so there was a large amount of yelling on top of it.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Guessing his dad used anger and negativity to try and motivate him. Which is why he does the opposite, but he had to act like his dad to get Jamie motivated and it messed with him. 

I thought about that, but the only time I remember him saying much about his dad was when he was playing darts with Rupert and he talked about how they used to play every week until he passed away. I didn't get the sense that he was a dick to him. 

5 minutes ago, austingirl said:

I thought about that, but the only time I remember him saying much about his dad was when he was playing darts with Rupert and he talked about how they used to play every week until he passed away. I didn't get the sense that he was a dick to him. 

Well somebody hiding the pain of being mistreated by their dad wouldn't necessarily just share that pain...that's where the good doctor and Ted are hooking up and we will learn truly why Ted is who he is.

Edited by Surly Bevo

22 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Well somebody hiding the pain of being mistreated by their dad wouldn't necessarily just share that pain...that's where the good doctor and Ted are hooking up and we will learn truly why Ted is who he is.

Sure, but if that were the case you'd think that Led Tasso would've triggered the panic attack. I think it's more along the lines of Roy telling him he messed up Jamie, mixed with him not being able to be there for his son.

I'm calling HR.
Yeah? Well tell Mr. Pufnstuf I said hello. That is a joke for people born in the early to mid 70's.
Epic fuckin' episode. The haters can fuck right off.

Nit picking….late ‘60’s would be more accurate. But yeah…..this was top 0.01% of all time best sitcom episodes ever.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Awesome, awesome episode. They pretty much fixed all of my "gripes" about the first 5 episodes (mainly that the episodes didn't have the same staying power as Season 1) in 30 minutes.

the only gripe i had with this episode is that for the first 5-6 minutes Ted exclusively spoke in similes, metaphors, and complicated southern idioms with the speed and precision of a young Robin Williams. i was slightly nervous at that time that the writers had just totally taken a good thing too far, but the rest of the episode redeemed itself. 

also Rex Kramer is a faget who drinks his own pee. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Lurch said:

Why did Jamie’s transformation trigger his panic attack?

One of the background voices while he was having his attack was Jamie's dad yelling at Jamie in Season 1, so seems pretty likely that they're going with the failing as a father angle. With Jaime's dad being a glaring example in the moment.

Edited by aggie08

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Yes, agree 100%.

Worst episode of the series by far.  The Roy Jamie beef and resolution was just ridiculous.  Middle fingers, nice bevis and butthead humor. Speaking  of, super lame dong jokes with Rebecca’s boy toy.  Sigh  The writers have mailed it in   

Nate completely out of character.  The entire coach beard story line is absolutely ludicrous.   The random Rebecca’s mom arch that did NOTHING to move the story forward.    What an absolute shambles of an episode!  Anyone who remotely enjoyed this doesn’t understand what TED LASSO is about.  Just a horrific excuse for episode, that has rendered the show unwatchable.

only thing remotely realistic about this episode is spuds not winning a trophy.

Sad!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Glad they ditched the Nate asshole/power trip arc mid stride and replaced it these last few episodes. 

Not sure that is fully true. He started off this episode calling one of the players a dolt in practice. He was then visibly depressed when the players responded better to Roy than him. Add that he’s going to get public love for his taking over the match, he could revert more to be an asshole. Wonder kid.

I have to admit I’m still contemplating nates dad telling Nate and his girlfriend that they both could do better. Very deep.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie