Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

5 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Loves this episode. Beard has always intrigued me and we learned a bit about his chaotic non-centered life.    

This is where I am. Beard couldn't carry episodes on his own, but one per season would be interesting especially if it's meant as a bonus, special episode. 

I wasn't a fan of the Xmas episode and I imagine others will hate this one.

i am confused... is this the same girlfriend who is a controlling psycho and are "not healthy together" according to Higgens. All the Diamond Dogs agreed, but didnt want to confront Beard on it.

What are we rooting for here?

i dunno, ...kinda meh on the episode.. felt like i was watching a not so good knock off of "After Hours".

Edited by yoladu

That was one of the weirdest 45 minutes of TV I have ever watched. 
It was funny in its own way but I was ready for it to end but the time it was over.
Beard is a great character but that was just too much inanity.

This….I like a few pieces, but the whole thing was too much and we were ready for it to end.
  • Like 1

i am confused... is this the same girlfriend who is a controlling psycho and are "not healthy together" according to Higgens. All the Diamond Dogs agreed, but didnt want to confront Beard on it.
What are we rooting for here?
i dunno, ...kinda meh on the episode.. felt like i was watching a not so good knock off of "After Hours".

Ummm…
Beard After Hours
giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i haven't shit on this thread once, and if you'll care to notice i do a great job of ignoring the fuck out of rex kramer's obsessive ass. look at all of his posts about me which i refuse to respond to. i do not take part in his bullshit. rex and the rest of this little fan club of mine may love to throw tantrums about me ruining the thread, but i haven't s thallus done anything to derail it at all. that is, unless you count me me "posting spoilers" as derka'ing the thread. because that's my big sin here- "posting spoilers". that's the thing that i've done that was so awful. give me a goddamn break.

deej, and DDD, and rex, and brickhorn, and js1, and the countless twats who incessantly pos rep their whiny-ass posts towards me are the ones who ruin the thread. period. end of story. and this cycle will never ever ever end until you people who aren't involved in these retarded disputes start actually calling out the people who cannot keep my name out of their mouths, nor their obsession with me out of the thread. you want it to stop? start making it clear to these morons that THEY are the problem., not me. all of them. both the ones who start shit with me *and* the ones who egg them on/pos rep their bullshit. call them on it every single time they do it. that's how you end these retarded weekly thread derails. and until then, do not lump me in with them or act like i have an active role in the insanely childish spats that these idiots try to start with me on a weekly basis. i have nothing to do with any of this shit. 

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

this is the part that i really take issue with, because it's total bullshit. i'm not doing anything that needs ignoring; i'm not shitting on the thread. the way you're approaching this, you're saying, "yeah, sure, derka is fucking up the thread, but you can choose to ignore him." fuck that. i'm not doing anything to this goddamn thread. i'm posting in it just like you do, and keeping my posts Ted Lasso-related. i even ignore most of their childish, baiting bullshit. you want the cycle to change? then call it how it actually is- a bunch of fucking obsessed children who won't stfu about me are killing this thread- not me. do not act like i am one of the many, many people who are shitting on this thread, because i'm not. it's total bullshit, and i'm fucking sick of it.

i mean fuck, i came here to post about the Beard episode, and what do i see? oh, just the usual. a totally fucking stupid thread derailment that revolves around me, only i've got nothing to do with any of it. goddamn i am sick of you people. 

as for the episode, i liked it, and in fact, i found the lack of Ted Lasso refreshing. i don't think i would have said that during S1, but he's been so hypomamic and turned to 11 this season that it was nice get a break from that. as a stand-alone episode i thought it was really good and i enjoyed it. hopefully Beard can take on a bigger, more nuanced role going forward. and again, i really hope they aren't committed to ending it after three seasons, because i think they could go twice as long without the show getting stale or running out of steam.

Blah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blah blah blah.

Jfc.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, yoladu said:

So, I was definitely watching a not so good knock off of ‘After Hours’.

I am leaning towards:

"Coach's Odyssey (with all due respect to Homer and the Coen Brother's O Brother Where Art Thou)." 

My favorite episode - and we have all had nights and mornings like that.

Epic storytelling, literally.

• Hook 'Em 2

I really liked it. There were scenes which seemed too quiet but that is kind of his personality. I loved how he turned it up for the Oxford guys and how after getting tossed out the hooligans came clean and still had fun with those guys. How they put together 20 quid was subtle and underscored their situation only to see them blow their winnings on a limo.

The dancing was fun as well, as was Beard’s nonchalant attitude when it was all over.

And of course the Benny Hill theme to the game. I think we need one for our recent game.

• Hook 'Em 1

someone posted this video to the Arsenal subreddit:

and this is what the comment section looked like:

9FC6B6D2-D983-426B-BD0F-15DD3C8B6A48.thumb.png.d5978ae78fd577dfa58e74adaa8fabf3.png

you'll have to be familiar with Alexis Sanchez to LOL like i did, but suffice to say i did lol at these comments, and was actually surprised that i hadn't made that connection yet. absolutely boundless energy and a "football is life" mentality describes Alexis to a "T". maybe check out some of that video if you're unfamiliar- you can't miss his frenetic energy and his infectious smile.

• Hook 'Em 1