Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I’m rewatching season 1.  Cant stand Teds wife and kid. Is it wrong that I would be ok if their flight back to the US had gone down?

They're actually used the exact right amount for narrative effect.  They don't seem terribly involved or in love, nor distant and in conflict.  It was done really well as you get deeper into the series.  I started out with "What the fuck with Ted and his shit family?"  But after awhile, you get it.  The recipe was spot on.  A few other dynamics don't make sense as the series progresses, but the one between ted and family do...  Curious to see how they pick it back up in this final season.

• Hook 'Em 1

That was nice that Ted and wife decided to be amicable about it all, and he was rewarded by having milfier, British Alessandra Daddario show up at his hotel room.  A little too convenient but fit nicely with the arc of Ted trying to find his way again.  I'm sure him trying to navigate across-the-pond fatherhood will come about again and more in depth.  And that's cool, too.  We know now that his trying to improve other people's harsh versions of themselves is a proxy for him wanting to heal himself.  And if there's some ass involved, cool, cool.  

Good set up show.  The stuff at the end with Roy/Keeley and Ted and his son where it spent time looking at those things through the eyes of kids is one of the types of stuff this show is genius at doing,  Kids have a way of cutting through all the bullshit and overcomplication at times.    

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

I had to explain to my son why cocaine is actually bad for you.

That was good, you have to know some soccer and a good deal of poop culture and historical events to get all the little things like that.  My wife....that Maradona thing went right over her head.  My son on the other hand laughed.

4 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He will- but I’m excited to watch his crash and burn first. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see West Ham do very well this season but Nate having the inner turmoil we got a brief glimpse of even as the results on the pitch are strong.  Meanwhile, the whole setup is there for Ted/Rebecca tension as she keeps fixating on Rupert and beating him while Richmond hangs around the relegation zone. 

The last few episodes are the build-up and a match between West Ham and Richmond that for West Ham means something big (a Champions League spot maybe even a Premier League Title) while for Richmond also represents something big perhaps in terms of staying up in the EPL.  In the middle of this, Nate turns back, somehow helping Ted keep Richmond up while throwing Rupert down the proverbial shaft.  Ted and Beard walk off into the sunset (it's already set up that he is questioning what he is still doing there) and Nate takes over Richmond.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't be surprised to see West Ham do very well this season but Nate having the inner turmoil we got a brief glimpse of even as the results on the pitch are strong.  Meanwhile, the whole setup is there for Ted/Rebecca tension as she keeps fixating on Rupert and beating him while Richmond hangs around the relegation zone. 
The last few episodes are the build-up and a match between West Ham and Richmond that for West Ham means something big (a Champions League spot maybe even a Premier League Title) while for Richmond also represents something big perhaps in terms of staying up in the EPL.  In the middle of this, Nate turns back, somehow helping Ted keep Richmond up while throwing Rupert down the proverbial shaft.  Ted and Beard walk off into the sunset (it's already set up that he is questioning what he is still doing there) and Nate takes over Richmond.

I see the opposite (mostly). Nate won't be successful... or at least WH will underperform. They're already setting him up for the fall (the car, the press conference blowing up in his face). His style doesn't work (putting a grown man on a dummy line),and I think Nate gets canned early(ish). Comes back to Richmond for his redemption, they win the whole thing, Ted comes home, Nate takes over.

I can also Nate cutting a player for underperforming, Richmond snatching him up and that player blossoming under Ted. They talked about beefing up the lineup. I could see this being one of the steps in Nate's fall from grace.

9 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

^.  Nah. We winning the whole fuckin thing. Lasso coaches USA to World Cup title 

The show will have been gone for three full years by the time we host La Copa.  But if USMNT, AppleTV, and our confederation bidding committee don't ALREADY have a team of folks locked in room somewhere with bags of coke and cases of booze just thinking up clever shit to do with Ted Lasso and '26, they're burning daylight already.  

Thursday & Friday in Austin gonna be crappy weather.  We're gonna binge NCAA Tourney and Ted Lasso.  Maybe get a handball in there somewhere.  

On 12/19/2022 at 9:01 PM, YGIFS said:

The post production of a season or show.  Editing, sound effect overlays, mastering and synching of soundtrack, color filters, etc.  

like fracking, frac’cing, fracing, fracturing, their industry sometimes writes “post” “posted” or “post’d”. 

“The completion of season 3 post production” if you’re not Into the whole brevity thing man. 

Change your handle to "Hollywood", Mr. Hollywood.

On 3/14/2023 at 10:36 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Nate isn't going to fail....Nate is going to turn back to the light at the end.  

Emperor/Rupert

Darth Vadar/Nate

This.

Another key thing that's been noted and because this could be a spoiler and I am warning you this could give things aways so read this at your own risk ...

Spoiler

I saw online a few weeks back in an interview with Rian Johnson that ...

(WARNING - this is a big reveal that will change the way you watch movies, you have been double warned

Spoiler

“Apple, they let you use iPhones in movies, but—and this is very pivotal—if you’re ever watching a mystery movie, bad guys cannot have iPhones on camera,” Johnson said.

This in theory applies to other products. Nate used both a MacBook and an iPhone in S03E01,

On 3/14/2023 at 9:36 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Nate isn't going to fail....Nate is going to turn back to the light at the end.  

They've made him into such a little bitch over the past season that it would be hard as a viewer to suddenly welcome him back to the good side, especially if it's in a way where he is the guy who saves the day against Rupert. Not saying it can't be done, but it's an uphill battle for sure.

Although maybe it's a life lesson about forgiveness that they're already teaching us through Ted's presser and his refusal to go after Nate.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

They've made him into such a little bitch over the past season that it would be hard as a viewer to suddenly welcome him back to the good side, especially if it's in a way where he is the guy who saves the day against Rupert. Not saying it can't be done, but it's an uphill battle for sure.

Although maybe it's a life lesson about forgiveness that they're already teaching us through Ted's presser and his refusal to go after Nate.

Nate's going to be redeemed. On the FaceTime call with Henry at the end of the episode Ted shows him that he added the trophy to the Lego stadium they built earlier. Henry asked why Nate was off to the side, and Ted said because he's not on the team. Henry said, but you can still be friends right? Ted moved Lego Nate next to Lego Ted.

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Guess I'm the only one who found the premiere kind of meh. Guess it had to set up the events of the season, though.

I'm with those of you who think that is going to be redeemed in some fashion this season.

It was slow. Season 2 started with a bang - they were in the middle of a game while this was just exposition. But I think this also has to do with what has happened from season to season. Season 1 > 2 was just them being relegated. Season 2 > 3 had promotion + the heel turn of Nate + Sam-Rebecca (which wasn't yet touched) + Rupert (was the same actor) bought a new team and set himself up as the ultimate bad guy. They were doing a lot to just kind of set up where this season is going to go.

27 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Bets on Richmond beating West Ham for the whole thing?

No, but what if they are playing at the end and the loser gets relegated?  Would be expected for Richmond, but would be disaster for Nate and Rupert and Nate would likely be fired well before then and possibly back with Richmond.