Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

So this is how Rebecca becomes a mother, right? If she doesn't end up knocked up from the sex she doesn't remember, it'll be because she ends up with that guy and he has at least a daughter.
Yeah. Don't think she goes back so much as "surprise! You're pregnant!" with a knowing smile as the series end credits roll.
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:
27 minutes ago, austingirl said:
So this is how Rebecca becomes a mother, right? If she doesn't end up knocked up from the sex she doesn't remember, it'll be because she ends up with that guy and he has at least a daughter.

Yeah. Don't think she goes back so much as "surprise! You're pregnant!" with a knowing smile as the series end credits roll.

1) they didn’t fuck. His little comment was that they connected.  At least my read of it. 

2) they had better not do the quoted above because of 1) but also because you don’t have a doctor say you can no longer have kids and then have her get pregnant. Those doctors don’t talk like that- speaking from experience. If they say it’s over, it’s over. If they think there’s any chance, they’ll say so. 

so it would be way beyond probability. But, show has an American that knows nothing about soccer managing an EPL team so shrug?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

As others have said, fantastic episode.

I'm glad Trent Grimm didn't do something evil with the Colin knowledge, because I half thought that's where he would take a heel turn and be this season's Nate. I like TG way way way better as the archetypical outsider/interloper than Dr. Sharon and what she allegedly brought to season 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I’m not sure they did sleep together.

Him saying “oh we did” seems like could also be a reference to his explanation of “gezellig” meaning they were warm friendly company.

this was my interpretation, that they did not have sex. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, this is Ted Lasso. The most perfect meet cute ever didn't end in blackout drunk sex.

You just wait until her doctor tells her she's pregnant. "But how could that be, I haven't..... wait". Then we get a flashback, but from his point of view. Turns out he's a serial rapist.

(None of that will happen)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There was some dark stuff near the end of last man on earth, and sudeikis I think was part of that writing team?  Would be super dark to end it with a rape baby.  Let’s go with the unknown child is the guy’s daughter. 

Maybe he doesn't have a daughter and that's the holding room for the little girls he abducts. When he's done with them, he throws their bodies in the river. The benefits of living on a houseboat.

#townlakedumper

• Haha 2

Maybe he doesn't have a daughter and that's the holding room for the little girls he abducts. When he's done with them, he throws their bodies in the river. The benefits of living on a houseboat.
#townlakedumper

And Ted kills Nate with a dart and goes all Bane on Nelson Road before escaping police at Heathrow and returning to hide in rural Kansas where we get a final shot of him living in Unabomber type squalor muttering “Barbecue Sauce” over and over to himself.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1) Rebecca's "journey" bores me. Felt like I was watching a gauzy Hallmark channel movie.

2) I was relieved Keely's "adventure" was not shown.

3) Laugh out loud moments for me was the Jamie/Roy bike lesson and piggy stardust.

4) I wanted Ted's football strategy session to be more than : "oh, that has been done before. Sure we can try that". I was hoping for a completely inventive thing, even if it is entirely made up for show.

5) Team members "hijinks" in the hotel all night seemed pointless and was unfunny.

I probably should stop commenting on/watching this show... I find myself getting more irritated as i watch.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1

1) Rebecca's "journey" bores me. Felt like I was watching a gauzy Hallmark channel movie.
3) Laugh out loud moments for me : was the Jamie/Roy bike lesson and piggy stardust.
4) I wanted Ted's football strategy session to be more than : "oh, that has been done before. Sure we can try that". I was hoping for a completely inventive thing, even if it is entirely made up for show.
5) Team members "hijinks" in the hotel all night seemed pointless and was unfunny.
I probably should stop commenting on/watching this show... I find myself getting more irritated as i watch.

As a Southhampton fan you’re probably irritated with all things futbol right now.
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

And Ted kills Nate with a dart and goes all Bane on Nelson Road before escaping police at Heathrow and returning to hide in rural Kansas where we get a final shot of him living in Unabomber type squalor muttering “Barbecue Sauce” over and over to himself.

on season 3 of mindhunter...

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

No such thing in soccer.  It's all been done before.  It's whether you have the personnel to achieve your goals with it now.  

btw, fuck you to whomever said jamie's accent was super thick this season because now i keep noticing it and it's driving me crazy.
either he's a shitty actor who can't turn it on or off, or that was an actual note, and there's no way it was.

His real accent is British RP.

This was a great episode. However, I NEED to see them win a match now.

Total Football gonna get the job done. These three guys fell in love with soccer when they were in Amsterdam according to Hunt.

Then there is still Nate out there looking to turn away from the dark side who will be a help when TF stalls out.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

His real accent is British RP.

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ugh, so it's a choice.  he needs a better voice coach.

whomever is handling matthew macfadyen is fantastic.

If it wasn’t for subtitles I’d never understand half the things Jamie says 

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

couldn't agree more, i could not have given a shit less about that played out meet cute shit. i wanted to ffwd every scene, and i don't feel i'd have missed out on anything if i had. the formulado nature of this show can still be tolerable, but for me, this was not an example of that. it was trite and uninspired, and beyond that, it's a huge pet peeve of mine when a show does a storyline like that where it demands that i really really give a shit about a brand new character whom i've never even seen before. totally pointless.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

3) Laugh out loud moments for me was the Jamie/Roy bike lesson and piggy stardust.

reading the rest of your post, i agree with essentially all of it. i was not smitten with this episode like everyone else here apparently was. pretty much all of the storylines fell flat for me, and again, introducing a slew of new characters with like five episodes of the series remaining and expecting me to care about them is just weird and nonsensical. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If it wasn’t for subtitles I’d never understand half the things Jamie says 

we went into full embrace mode with subtitles during covid and i'm not gonna lie, it's hard to hear anything now without them.  even just talking to people in person i'm like what the fuck are they saying?  we went to go see the batman at grauman's and sat right in the middle and i was like what is happening?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

19 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

As others have said, fantastic episode.

I'm glad Trent Grimm didn't do something evil with the Colin knowledge, because I half thought that's where he would take a heel turn and be this season's Nate. I like TG way way way better as the archetypical outsider/interloper than Dr. Sharon and what she allegedly brought to season 2.

*Crimm

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1