Non Texas Recruiting 2023

LTtxfan

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

“In terms of the fan base, they are fired up,” PicKell said. “Marcus Freeman has done just about everything right when it comes to being the new head coach Notre Dame. The recruiting trail has been a yellow brick road for the Irish as of late – they have crushed it. The biggest sentiment that I’ve gathered for Marcus Freeman’s early few months as the head coach Notre Dame, he’s making Notre Dame cool again.

“Like, look at all the things he’s done that have gotten this fan base excited … They do the cool unveiling of the uniforms with the Hangover video – that thing could have won an Academy Award; that got me fired up for the jerseys they’re going to wear against BYU in Las Vegas, October 8. That got all the buzz in the world on social media.”

Add in the fact that instead of the old, “stuffy” style of Notre Dame, they’re having recruits take pictures on campus in golden thrones and other grandeur object.

Little tidbits such as wearing green on ‘Irish wear green day’ (which they never had before, ironically), bringing back game day mass and incorporating a healthier alumni presence into and around the program are things Kelly all failed to make happen in his tenure that Freeman has jumped on during his first offseason as head coach.

“There’s a lot more buy-in from this fanbase now,” PicKell said. “They’re very much excited about what Marcus Freeman is bringing to the table.”

On 7/31/2022 at 11:35 AM, LTtxfan said:

“In terms of the fan base, they are fired up,” PicKell said. “Marcus Freeman has done just about everything right when it comes to being the new head coach Notre Dame. The recruiting trail has been a yellow brick road for the Irish as of late – they have crushed it. The biggest sentiment that I’ve gathered for Marcus Freeman’s early few months as the head coach Notre Dame, he’s making Notre Dame cool again.

“Like, look at all the things he’s done that have gotten this fan base excited … They do the cool unveiling of the uniforms with the Hangover video – that thing could have won an Academy Award; that got me fired up for the jerseys they’re going to wear against BYU in Las Vegas, October 8. That got all the buzz in the world on social media.”

Add in the fact that instead of the old, “stuffy” style of Notre Dame, they’re having recruits take pictures on campus in golden thrones and other grandeur object.

Little tidbits such as wearing green on ‘Irish wear green day’ (which they never had before, ironically), bringing back game day mass and incorporating a healthier alumni presence into and around the program are things Kelly all failed to make happen in his tenure that Freeman has jumped on during his first offseason as head coach.

“There’s a lot more buy-in from this fanbase now,” PicKell said. “They’re very much excited about what Marcus Freeman is bringing to the table.”

Brian Kelly still struggling to recruit Baton Rouge Louisiana.

https://www.onefootdown.com/notre-dame-football-recruiting-news-recruits-national-signing-day/2022/8/4/23292556/notre-dame-football-recruiting-4-star-lb-jaiden-ausberry-commits-to-irish-lsu-nd-news-cfb-michigan

Rumor going around that Dijon Johnson will recommit to Ohio State this weekend.  Apparently there is a baby on the way but the logistics of that situation may have been worked out.

We'll see if it comes to fruition but apparently the Florida boards are not happy,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34643133/ncaa-places-lsu-football-probation-accepts-self-imposed-penalties-recruiting-violations

In addition to the probation, LSU had already self-imposed a $5,000 fine, a one-week prohibition in recruiting communication and unofficial visits, and reductions in official visits and evaluation days.

LSU hit with 1 year probation, and recruiting reductions for improper dead period recruiting during the pandemic, and giving some used LSU gear to a recruit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 1:25 AM, LTtxfan said:

Corn gonna struggle to keep Malachi.  His commitment date is 10/22/2022.   The blOU folks gonna get even more aggressive here.

Screenshot_2022-08-28-01-16-53_kindlephoto-8763073.thumb.png.6a949579211dbbc0450bbf0c807843f0.png

No real sense of why, but recruitment seems to be cratering for this dude.  OU backed off, Miami and Ole Miss have reportedly canceled visits that were scheduled.

• 4 weeks later...

Old news, but a loss for blOU

Blazing fast WR Anthony Evans flips to Georgia

BySTEVE WILTFONG Nov 25

Converse (Texas) Judson 247Sports four-star receiver Anthony Evans announced his commitment to Georgia on Friday afternoon choosing the Bulldogs over Oklahoma where he was previously committed since August.

Evans is commit No. 21 for the Bulldogs in the class of 2023, adding to a haul ranked No. 2 nationally per the 247Sports Composite.

Evans nearly chose Georgia a couple months ago before going with the Sooners at the last minute.  He returned to Athens for the defending National Champs victory over Tennessee.

“Georgia it felt like home when I went up there,” Evans told 247Sports in the past. “It’s just on my official visit, there was a lot of people up there who committed as well. We still have that relationship. We talk all the time. Just relationships up there and it felt like home with BMac (Bryan McClendon) and Coach (Todd) Monken.”

The 5-foot-11, 167-pound Evans has explosive athletic traits, a 10.27 guy in the 100m dash and 24-foot plus long jumper that Georgia envisions wreaking havoc on SEC defensives as a slot receiver.

“Just like the bond outside of the coaching staff it was amazing, the people who didn’t coach on field they make it feel at home as well,” Evans said of UGA staffers like David Cooper and Angela Kirkpatrick. “The recruiting people, their recruiting staff is amazing.

“I talked to a lot of receivers up there, CJ Smith just got there he was my player host and they need me and depth is real small and I feel I can go there and make an immediate impact just like Coach B-Mac tells me and Coach Monken tells me. Both have told me I’ll have to be prepared to be a freshman All-American and play my freshman year.”

Evans is also former Arkansas commit who held close to 30 offers. In his senior season he caught 61 passes for 782 yards and eight touchdowns.

27 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Hiring Beau Baldwin as OC might be the worst hire of the whole cycle. 

Yep, I got em ranked Alec, Stephen, Billy, Daniel, and finally Beau.

I even ranked Beau below the guy who ran naked through a hotel lobby screaming for cocaine.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Hiring Beau Baldwin as OC might be the worst hire of the whole cycle. 

I had no idea who that was but this is pretty appalling.  Maybe Carrington won't be the worst coach on that staff?   This guy makes Mehringer look like a star. 

From Wiki:

On January 16, 2017, Baldwin was hired as the offensive coordinator for California of the Pac-12 Conference under new head coach Justin Wilcox. In Baldwin's second season at Cal, the Bears’ offensive efficiency ranked as the second worst among all Power Five teams.[3] Under Baldwin, the Cal offense led by their third-string quarterback was shutout for the first time in 20 years in its Pac-12 conference game against Utah on October 26, 2019.[4] As the offensive coordinator for California, the Bears finished the 2017, 2018, and 2019 football seasons with the 11th, 12th, and 12th ranked offenses respectively out of 12 teams in the Pac-12 Conference in Yards Per Game.[5] During those same seasons, the Bears finished with the 10th, 12th, and 12th ranked offenses respectively out of 12 teams in the Pac-12 Conference in Total Points Per Game under Baldwin's offensive leadership.[6]

Cal Poly[edit]

On December 10, 2019, Baldwin was hired by Cal Poly as their new head coach, replacing the retired Tim Walsh.[2] Since Cal Poly President Jeffrey Armstrong introduced Baldwin as head coach and stating on December 11, 2019, "We need football to rise to the level of academics", Baldwin has coached his teams to only 4 wins, held a lead in only 9 games, and has been outscored by halftime of those games by 429 points.[7] Baldwin has the fewest number of wins by any Cal Poly head coach through their first 25 games in school history.[8] Baldwin has an 0–5 record versus in-state rivals UC Davis and Sacramento State since taking over as Cal Poly's head coach.[9]

• Haha 1