Non Texas Recruiting 2023

LTtxfan

6 hours ago, FWD said:

Big move for UCLA. They also just got one of the top transfer QBs (https://247sports.com/college/ucla/Article/UCLA-Football-Recruiting-UCLA-Lands-Kent-State-QB-Transfer-Collin-Schlee-200718469/), I wonder how that plays out.

Moore is a monster get.  Has a chance to be very special.  Schlee has a chance to be good.  I’ll bet on Moore.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Now that my baylor buddy has had a chance to weigh in. He’s absolutely losing his mind. Calling for the QB coach to get fired. That Austin is a pos. This is the biggest lose ever. This is setting them back. Apparently they didn’t take a ‘22 QB for him. The old Mack Brown - Gilbert gambit. And now with Droynes gone their depth chart is Shapen, a LA Tech Transfer. And two walk-ons.

you hate to see it. 
😍😍😍

• Haha 5

Now that my baylor buddy has had a chance to weigh in. He’s absolutely losing his mind. Calling for the QB coach to get fired. That Austin is a pos. This is the biggest lose ever. This is setting them back. Apparently they didn’t take a ‘22 QB for him. The old Mack Brown - Gilbert gambit. And now with Droynes gone their depth chart is Shapen, a LA Tech Transfer. And two walk-ons.

you hate to see it. 

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

you hate to see it. 
😍😍😍

shame.gif.dbc3f2cf9fcc3799c4cbbbbcbea0f3aa.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

you hate to see it. 
😍😍😍

Rape has consequences....

3 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

you hate to see it. 
😍😍😍

8f9e2656-ae3b-4b5e-bda4-ff0312b25fd5_tex

• 2 weeks later...

UF’s highly ranked QB for this class has not shown up to enroll as expected. 

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Florida-football-recruiting-Jaden-Rashada-enroll-Gators-Billy-Napier-quarterbacks-202597398/

Speculation on their message boards that NIL promises made have not been met by the Gator Collective. 

Edited by Duane Moore

Edgar Thompson of the Orlando Sentinel is reporting an "NIL" deal of 13 million dollars. Article posted below.

Spoiler

UF on verge of losing top QB recruit Jaden Rashada as NIL deal collapses
By Edgar Thompson
Orlando Sentinel
Jan 12, 2023 at 8:14 pm

GAINESVILLE — Florida is on the verge of losing top quarterback recruit Jaden Rashada after a multimillion-dollar name, image and likeness deal with the 19-year-old high schooler collapsed.

The potential high-profile failure would be a significant blow to a program pushing to rebound from a 6-7 finish during coach Billy Napier’s first year in Gainesville.

On3 Sports reported Rashada requested a release Wednesday from his scholarship papers. The school would not confirm whether the centerpiece of the Gators’ 2023 class planned to honor his commitment, inked Dec. 21 on Early National Signing Day.

Rashada’s request, however, would go to the NCAA.

Meanwhile, Rashada’s father, Harlen, told that The Athletic his son had “not filed a request for release from Florida.” Rashada still could be in the process of severing ties with Florida.

What is clear is that California high school star Rashada had been expected to enroll Monday after coming to Gainesville from Orlando following the Jan. 3 Under Armour Next All-America game at Camping World Stadium.

Instead, Rashada returned home to Pittsburg, a suburb of San Francisco, after a NIL agreement for around $13 million was not honored, a source told The Orlando Sentinel.

The source also said the situation is “beyond repair.”

The deal had persuaded Rashada to flip his commitment from Miami to Florida on Nov. 10 and attend the Gators’ 38-6 win against South Carolina on Nov. 12.

But Rashada, the nation’s No. 7 quarterback prospect per 247Sports, kept things interesting until the 11th hour. Napier’s signing-day media conference was delayed as the school waited for Rashada to sign scholarship papers.

Less than two weeks later, Rashada seemed to be all-in on the Gators following the Under Armour game.

The 6-foot-4, 185-pound Rashada said he was on a “mission” and planned to add 25 pounds by the end of spring with the goal to compete with Wisconsin transfer Graham Mertz for the starting job.

Mertz, who started 32 games at Wisconsin, was expected to lead a quarterback contingent featuring Rashada, rising redshirt freshman Max Brown and Jack Miller, a 2021 Ohio State transfer who started the Gators’ 30-3 loss to Oregon State during the Dec. 17 Las Vegas Bowl.

“One promise I can make right now is that I’m going to be a whole different person in June than I am right now,” Rashada said.

Even at his current weight, Rashada possesses a live arm to make him one of the best natural passers in the 2023 class.

The past two seasons, he completed 60.1% of his throws for 5,275 yards, 59 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. A 5-star prospect by 247Sports and ranked No. 2 at his position by ESPN, Rashada committed to Miami in June to the dismay and disappointment of Florida fans.

Oregon also doggedly pursued Rashada, who is close friends with 5-star receiver and fellow northern California native Jurrion Dickey.

If Rashada never makes it to Gainesville, he would be the fifth quarterback to leave Napier’s program since his December 2021 arrival.

Edited by BornAndRaised

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

This is a play by Rashadas camp to make Florida pay what’s promised. I bet Florida matches in quick order and this is thrown into the “what we never did that camp”

Probably, but now the UF Collective is going to have a reputation for unfulfilled promises. This is terrible for their NIL credibility in recruiting.