Non Texas Recruiting 2023

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

It still don’t make a shit. 4-8

I don’t know if people realize that CU went 1-11 last year. They’re utterly fucking terrible. If Deion wins 4 games that’s a pretty decent improvement. If he wins 5 or 6 like I think he will that would be astounding.

• Hook 'Em 1

Speaking of Deion/CU/Jackson State....I went down that rabbit hole this afternoon looking at who is going where and I'm hoping one of y'all who follows Houston HSFB can help me out here... How does PJ Hatter only have offers from HBCUs?

Kid has outstanding numbers, per his Hudl and MaxPreps.  Good size at 6'2" and 185.  What's the deal w/ no FBS offers and no ratings at all?

https://247sports.com/player/pj-hatter-46112955/
https://www.on3.com/db/pj-hatter-96723/recruiting/124351/interests/
https://www.maxpreps.com/tx/houston/westfield-mustangs/athletes/preston-hatter/?careerid=nqj0di86a9dtd
https://www.hudl.com/profile/14892663/Preston-Hatter

Thought this was interesting. Twin brothers Michael and Andrew Harris are both 4-star LBs and were deciding between Maryland and hometown UCF. Given that they’re twins, it was assumed it was a package deal, but they split.

Even weirder, this is the second set of twins UCF split just in this class alone.

9 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I know the Florida and now the HBCU both yanked his offer after the rap lyric kerfuffle, but....

Where in the fuck is the University of West Florida? Do they even play football?

Drive through Silsbee, make a right, aaannddd .... boom!

image.png.b9db9c590aa60e4e1bb98e4c02b0f4ef.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

I know the Florida and now the HBCU both yanked his offer after the rap lyric kerfuffle, but....

Where in the fuck is the University of West Florida? Do they even play football?

Pensacola, Florida my man. Go Argonauts! 2019 D-II national champs. The quarterback that year was Austin Reed, who had since transferred to Western Kentucky and led the nation in passing yards. At the D-II, they've had some recent success.

Source: I currently live in the Pensacola area.

13 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Pensacola, Florida my man. Go Argonauts! 2019 D-II national champs. The quarterback that year was Austin Reed, who had since transferred to Western Kentucky and led the nation in passing yards. At the D-II, they've had some recent success.

Source: I currently live in the Pensacola area.

Are you in the USN?  For some reason I thought you lived in San Diego.  

Based on the average recruit rankings by school for 2023 per 247, there is a clear line separating 15 schools from the rest in terms of quality. Among the top 15, Bama (#1 class, #1 average of 94.78) and Clempson (11, 15, 90.76) are the bookends. For the rest of the top 50, Ole Miss (27, 16, 89.84) and Illinois (43, 50, 86.23) bracket the list. I find it at least mildly interesting that the lists don’t overlap at all and that there is little fall-off as one moves down through the second tier.

data from 247 as of 2/8/23

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2025 4 star QB Austin Simmons out of Florida expected to commit to the gators today. Apparently he’s homeschooled, already 17, but has some crazy amount of credits and a high GPA and will re-classify to the 2023 class to enroll for the summer. Never heard of someone jumping 2 classes.

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

2025 4 star QB Austin Simmons out of Florida expected to commit to the gators today. Apparently he’s homeschooled, already 17, but has some crazy amount of credits and a high GPA and will re-classify to the 2023 class to enroll for the summer. Never heard of someone jumping 2 classes.

What could go wrong

• 2 weeks later...