Steve Bannon Indicted

Hugo Stiglitz

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as running, there are a lot of risks to that. If you get caught, then you lose all hope of freedom while awaiting trial. Some countries might protect their own citizens from US prosecution or refuse to extradite someone facing the death penalty.  Neither apply for bannon.  Even countries without an extradition treaty with the US may not want to get in the middle.

and it’s not like bannon isn’t a recognizable figure. Probably any international traveling American adult would recognize him. 

53 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As far as running, there are a lot of risks to that. If you get caught, then you lose all hope of freedom while awaiting trial. Some countries might protect their own citizens from US prosecution or refuse to extradite someone facing the death penalty.  Neither apply for bannon.  Even countries without an extradition treaty with the US may not want to get in the middle.

and it’s not like bannon isn’t a recognizable figure. Probably any international traveling American adult would recognize him. 

The wikileaks dork holed up in an Ecuadorian embassy for eight or nine years.  Someone would take him for the right price.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Love how after he dramatic effects "yes you heard that right" he doesn't reiterate "Mr. America First arrested on the yacht of a Chinese billionaire" but tries to jack up some outrage with "ARRESTED BY TAXPAYER PAID EMPLOYEES! What is this country coming to?!!!!"

21 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The wikileaks dork holed up in an Ecuadorian embassy for eight or nine years.  Someone would take him for the right price.

That embassy was basically a prison for him, and he ended up being hauled out of their against his will. Ecuador grew to regret their decision. 

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

"President Trump has always felt the Wall must be a government project and that it is far too big and complex to be handled privately," McEnany said in a statement Thursday."

Sounds like America needs an "outsider" with "business experience" to crack the whip and carve the lard. Problem solved. Next!

35 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

"President Trump has always felt the Wall must be a government project and that it is far too big and complex to be handled privately," McEnany said in a statement Thursday."

Sounds like America needs an "outsider" with "business experience" to crack the whip and carve the lard. Problem solved. Next!

Good god. Lie more. 

9 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

You know Ms. McEnany, I feel the same way about the President's taxes. I think he should put them on the table and let us all take a look. We can help!

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That embassy was basically a prison for him, and he ended up being hauled out of their against his will. Ecuador grew to regret their decision. 

For every Ecuador, I raise you a Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, etc, etc, etc.  There are plenty of corrupt bureaucrats out there that will look the other way for a couple of mil under the table.

10 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Is it the GOP stance that large and complex problems can only be solved by the govt? I thought they always said the opposite.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

For every Ecuador, I raise you a Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, etc, etc, etc.  There are plenty of corrupt bureaucrats out there that will look the other way for a couple of mil under the table.

I agree. But if your safety and security is based on bribing someone, there is no recourse for you when they show up again tomorrow and ask for another million. Are you going to report to them to the local police that in yesterday's bribe was supposed to cover a longer timeframe?

If Russia tells Snowden to do something, he doesn't have much choice unless he is ok being tied up in the next Aeroflot direct flight from Moscow to NYC.

16 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

The "Deep State" is the go-to catch-all to explain away criminal activity by Team GOP (Stone, Manafort, Russia, Ukraine, corrupt, grift, etc)

All these "angelic boy scouts" are just victims of a broad government conspiracy which seeks to destroy the "truth seekers" who threaten the State's grip on all levers of government.

Further, the "Deep State" is also used to explain why supposed Dem malfeasance that goes unpunished. Maleficence that is concocted/fabricated in the addled minds of right wing blogosphere/halls of Congress (Benghazi, Clinton e-mails, Uranium One, Clinton Foundation, BLM, IRS scandal)

Its the perfect crutch.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

That is exactly what they do. Trump works that way as well. Pretty crazy and it shows you both 1)how effective it is as a tactice (he's not really doing/saying that is he?) and 2) the utter disdain and depravity that they happily own when out of earshot.

No surprise that they can look at people dying and not have a care. Unless that person put them in their Build a Wall Bequest, the dead no longer have anything they can use.

A couple of articles from last summer on the border wall thing-a good primer for ongoing events.  This investigation has been going on for more than a year and I had completely forgot about it as it had gotten lost in the wash of all the other criminal/treasonous activity by this administration. It helps to read the June article first, then August.

https://www.dcreport.org/2019/06/04/florida-officials-open-fraud-investigation-of-border-wall-fundraising-effort/

https://www.dcreport.org/2019/08/06/private-border-wall-effort-now-under-criminal-investigation/

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Wake me up when Donald Trump is hanged for being a traitor to America and the Constitution. 

I wanna kick the bucket.  Should sell lotto tickets for the chance to win that honor.  Could wipe out the federal deficit. 

Edit: the meaning of 'kicking the bucket' is debated...to me the obvious meaning is kicking it out from under someone so they actually hang...I'm not high, I promise.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

That just shows you how powerful the Deep State is. They used taxpayer money to arrest these men.  That's an outrage. 

That Lou Dobbs posited that the problem with this was that someone was arrested....by taxpayer-paid cops.....is just jaw-dropping.  I mean, the GOP approach is that alleged bad guys should be arrested by.....private mercenaries?

PERFECTLY on-brand for the GOP.  We should all look forward to the day when we are arrested by militarized mercenary shock-troops, and we get billed for the pleasure of the experience at exorbitant rates, generating billions in profits for Eric Prince.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

If the people who donated really wanted to keep out the Meskins, they'd take themselves and/or their teenaged children, and

-- wash dishes in the restaurant

-- push a lawnmower

-- roof a house.

Nah, fuck that last one. Stick to the first two.

When we moved to Texas we were told kids aren't allowed to mow lawns for pay (until 16) , which is what my husband and I did as teens among other jobs. We (our kids) may have had a few under the table deals over the years with vacationing neighbors that didn't use a service NTIWKAAT, but it did come as a shock to see so many lawn services. I still mow during the week and most weekends husband and I split up and one mows and the other uses the string trimmer. I guess we are stealing jobs, but frankly I like the exercise.

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

If the people who donated really wanted to keep out the Meskins, they'd take themselves and/or their teenaged children, and

-- wash dishes in the restaurant

-- push a lawnmower

-- roof a house.

Nah, fuck that last one. Stick to the first two.

You've obviously never witnessed the results of my 16 YO son "mowing" our lawn.

(See the 'Stevie Wonder doing doughnuts in a Camaro' story in the Willie Nelson thread over on the music forum.)

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Trump's son, Donald Trump, Jr., praised the private border wall effort last summer, saying the group "is what capitalism is all about."

"This is private enterprise at its finest," he said in 2019, according to the El Paso Times.

Which is further evidence that Republicans have no fucking clue what capitalism is.  It sure as shit ain't about people donating money to build a worthless monument.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

That’s poor parenting on your part.  I was a lawn mowing savant by age nine due to the absolute fear of God the old man instilled in me for fucking up his prized lawn in the slightest fashion.  We had a yard that looked like the fairways at Augusta National.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That’s poor parenting on your part.  I was a lawn mowing savant by age nine due to the absolute fear of God the old man instilled in me for fucking up his prized lawn in the slightest fashion.  We had a yard that looked like the fairways at Augusta National.

Well, we were focused on other things, but yes.  Let's just say I was quite surprised at effort #1, and we had a long lesson doing effort #2 together.  He's still not a pro, and geometry seems to be a bit elusive, but it's better.

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

When we moved to Texas we were told kids aren't allowed to mow lawns for pay (until 16) , which is what my husband and I did as teens among other jobs.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

After my 4th grade school year, I was watching my Dad mow the lawn.  I foolishly asked if I could try a couple of laps.

Dad never mowed the lawn again.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Matuka said:

After my 4th grade school year, I was watching my Dad mow the lawn.  I foolishly asked if I could try a couple of laps.

Dad never mowed the lawn again.

Should have read Tom Sawyer instead of relying on the Cliff's Notes.

Did you also get suckered into whitewashing the fence?

• Haha 1