Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Guns don't scare me like they do you.  As long as someone isn't pointing their gun at me or anyone else, I don't give a shit if someone is open carrying.  Someone open carrying is not going to be a threat to you.  Unless you attack them.

there's an argument to be made that carrying a gun at low ready is threatening to anyone in the general vicinity. do you disagree?

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Is there some epidemic of this happening?  Rittenhouse certainly did not point his gun at anyone except the people who were attacking him.  So not sure why this case would be relevant to your scenario.

In the unlikely event it does, I would suggest recording them doing so and going to the police.

I didn’t say he did that, I’m saying going forward under your hypothetical…if open carriers threaten somebody who is unarmed…we gotta think through those scenarios.  It’s happens before, it’ll happen again.  I was just going on your fact pattern, Kyle notwithstanding.  People with guns in America sometimes do stupid shit with them.  Or so the stats would suggest.  

Nor is a neighborhood area all that similar to a central business area.  But carry all you want.  Just don't point your gun at me, and I won't point mine at you.

I don’t carry, nor have I ever fired a gun. I don’t care if the black families in my neighborhood carry just so long as they’re licensed to do so.

I know foosters will twist this to both of us being racist because that’s what the troubleshoot guide says for him to do
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you ain't lying. you could see the fear in his eyes.

i think the verdict was correct.

i wish it hadn't become so politicized. but that was inevitable. 

i worry about things i can't talk about on this forum about guns in social situations. but this is the correct verdict, imo.

Surliness aside. This post and some others (@Lobo ) give me hope that there are at least a few people left capable of thinking beyond the binary, tribal stupidity that dominates our current world. #nohomo

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Will Kyle be on patrol tonight when the riots and looting start back up?

Not sure ... but do know there will be one less child rapist and two fewer violent criminals participating in the burning, looting, and murdering.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Note to self:   Renew my membership to Rex Kwon-Do

you think the ProudBois wanna take a roundhouse to the face while I’m wearing these bad boys?   Forget it!

Edited by Lobo

18 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Guns don't scare me like they do you.  As long as someone isn't pointing their gun at me or anyone else, I don't give a shit if someone is open carrying.  Someone open carrying is not going to be a threat to you.  Unless you attack them.

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

there's an argument to be made that carrying a gun at low ready is threatening to anyone in the general vicinity. do you disagree?

Yeah.  Let's reconcile this.  Let's say I am at La Michoacana one day, and the El Paso Shooter version 2.0 walks in with the intent to kill brown invaders.  He is open carrying.  He maybe has his gun at a low ready.

But I shouldn't give a shit until he raises the gun and starts pulling the trigger.

That seems a bit late in the game for my threat assessment to make a shit.  Once there are 20 rounds of .223 downrange, including through my chest, it seems that the debate of whether he's a threat is academic.

Leave your fucking gun at home.  And if you just can't manage that, don't ever put your fucking hand on it around me.  Because I'd be an idiot not to interpret that as evidence that you are reasonably likely to use it, and right then.

I have lived my whole life without toting a gun around on me wherever I go.  I think I can finish the run without doing so.  I think others should do the same.  Start slinging a gun around, and all you do is guarantee that more confrontations turn into gunfights.

Doesn't change the LEGALITY of this specific case.  But it sure impacts the wisdom of this practice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 3adays said:

MSNBC letting Jacob Blake’s uncle hold court and spew his bullshit all over TV. It’s crazy how they continue to hold the Blake’s up as victims. 

would you feel better about it if they brought AR's with them to a highly emotionally charged situation just in case they needed to defend themselves?

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.  Let's reconcile this.  Let's say I am at La Michoacana one day, and the El Paso Shooter version 2.0 walks in with the intent to kill brown invaders.  He is open carrying.  He maybe has his gun at a low ready.

But I shouldn't give a shit until he raises the gun and starts pulling the trigger.

That seems a bit late in the game for my threat assessment to make a shit.  Once there are 20 rounds of .223 downrange, including through my chest, it seems that the debate of whether he's a threat is academic.

Leave your fucking gun at home.  And if you just can't manage that, don't ever put your fucking hand on it around me.  Because I'd be an idiot not to interpret that as evidence that you are reasonably likely to use it, and right then.

I have lived my whole life without toting a gun around on me wherever I go.  I think I can finish the run without doing so.  I think others should do the same.  Start slinging a gun around, and all you do is guarantee that more confrontations turn into gunfights.

Doesn't change the LEGALITY of this specific case.  But it sure impacts the wisdom of this practice. 

it takes one second to raise a low ready gun to a killing gun.

one second.

how am i not threatened by that?

(i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm just making a point)

it takes probably 5 seconds to get a gun slung on your back to a killing gun.

that can make all the difference.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

would you feel better about it if they brought AR's with them to a highly emotionally charged situation just in case they needed to defend themselves?

I’d prefer they be digitally raped, just like their nephew’s victim. 

I was thinking of the clip where napoleon is struggling to pedal.  And the shot opens up and it’s because he’s pulling Kip in rollerblades or a skateboard or some shit.  Photoshop a rifle on Kips shoulder as they ride into Kenosha glory 

also in the interest of ‘both sides’…..that’s an awful lot of working age white people with nothing to do on a workday but cheer at a courthouse?

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So fuck around and find out?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Sure he will, Gary.  Nixon v. Fitzgerald.  But keep fucking that chicken.

Now go look at Clinton v. Jones for the ruling that really matters.

Because Biden was not in office when he made the defamatory tweet at issue.  It was during the campaign when he was a private citizen.  Hint: a President is subject to civil suits for actions committed before he assumes the presidency.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it takes one second to raise a low ready gun to a killing gun.

one second.

how am i not threatened by that?

(i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm just making a point)

it takes probably 5 seconds to get a gun slung on your back to a killing gun.

that can make all the difference.

Do you have a source for this? I was told that opinions weren't allowed here. kEep iT In tHE cLOaCk rOOm

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1