YoutubeTV

BurntOrange&White

Can’t compare it to other streaming services but I got rid of Directv 3 months ago and got YouTube tv and haven’t missed it. That being said, I’m going to have to watch the Texas game at a friend’s house because they don’t have LHN on YouTube tv. 

when I first got it, it didn’t have Comedy Central, MTV and a few other channels but it has gotten them since then and there’s nothing I really miss. The DVR is great.

Can’t compare it to other streaming services but I got rid of Directv 3 months ago and got YouTube tv and haven’t missed it. That being said, I’m going to have to watch the Texas game at a friend’s house because they don’t have LHN on YouTube tv. 

when I first got it, it didn’t have Comedy Central, MTV and a few other channels but it has gotten them since then and there’s nothing I really miss. The DVR is great.

Yeah I might do the sling tv free trial for that next weekend.

Yes, they have Fox Sports SW.

i love YouTube TV. It sucks they just bumped up the price a couple months ago, but it’s still far cheaper than than ripoff shitshow called DirecTV I wasted money on for so long. 

There are other threads on this site that go deeper, search “cord cutters.”  But quickly, I had HuluLive for an extended period, and its user interface is awful. It actually assigns commercial breaks to live events like football games (they show up as little yellow notches on the DVR bar) and when you hit them, It launches a forced 1:30 2:00 Hulu break. If you watch a show you set to record on YouTubeTV, it lets you play back just as if you recorded it on the DVR you are used to. After a few days, it may revert to the network version of the recording, and it could force commercials. YTTV has unlimited DVR. Get a Fire Stick or Roku and put one on every room in the house, and you’re in business. Download it on your iPad, and you’re in business in the shitter.

I still have regular Hulu for the library of shows, thanks to a Black Friday deal where it was $2.99 a month, no biggie. But stick with YTTV, it’s way better than HuluLive or Sling or ATT. Google that consumer dude, Clark Whathisfuck, he agrees. 

14 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

we should be able to watch the game on the ESPN app.  with your YouTubeTV account, you have access to content on the ESPN app.  the UT game should be available on the ESPN app, so you can watch it that way from home.  that's what i'm planning on trying.  should work.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

we should be able to watch the game on the ESPN app.  with your YouTubeTV account, you have access to content on the ESPN app.  the UT game should be available on the ESPN app, so you can watch it that way from home.  that's what i'm planning on trying.  should work.

I’ll try logging in and trying to see if I can watch LHN tonight. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I think it depends on where you're located.

Because YouTubeTV doesn’t offer Longhorn Network, I don’t think LHN appears in your ESPN app if associated with your YTTV account. I hope that’s changed for you fellas’ sake. I have the login for my mom’s (no pics) cable account, and that’s how I access ESPN on Roku and watch LHN on occasion.

Just checked...LHN shows in the ESPN app, But when you click to watch it, you get “you are not authorized to view this content”

So...what’s the best way to watch the game this weekend? Looks like only AT&T’s streaming service carries LHN?

Just checked...LHN shows in the ESPN app, But when you click to watch it, you get “you are not authorized to view this content”

So...what’s the best way to watch the game this weekend? Looks like only AT&T’s streaming service carries LHN?

I’m going to free trial of sling tv then cancel immediately after.