YoutubeTV

BurntOrange&White

On 12/29/2022 at 11:10 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

I definitely think they will switch the RedZone Channel/production to the original one used for Direct TV. 

I hope so. I'm a firm believer Andrew Siciliano's ears allow him to find the more interesting plays.

Andrew Siciliano: Pritchard and Cecil 8/30/18 - 104.3 The Fan Interviews -  Omny.fm

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Bally is about to declare bankruptcy and go away.  Several MLB and NBA teams broadcasts are up in the air right now because of it.

Thank Christ.

They suck. I haven't been able to watch Cardinals games on YTTV since I got it because shitty-ass Bally has only been available on DirecTV/ATT.

I'm coming up on 4 years with YTTV.  Don't care for the price increase, but it's still cheaper by quite a bit over what my local (Cox) cable company would charge for 1 set top box and the tier that has all of the ESPN content, plus every damned fee and whatnot they tack on.  

Also, regarding Bally, the filed for bankruptcy this week.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/diamond-sports-bankruptcy-bally-sports-network/

Diamond Sports Group, the largest owner of regional sports networks, announced on Tuesday that it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The move comes after it missed a $140 million interest payment last month.

Diamond, which owns 19 networks under Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks banner, said it has about $425 million in cash on hand to continue operating during bankruptcy. Those networks have the rights to broadcast games from 42 professional teams — 14 baseball, 16 NBA and 12 NHL. 

"DSG will continue broadcasting games and connecting fans across the country with the sports and teams they love," Diamond Sports CEO David Preschlack said in the statement.  

The company filed for bankruptcy in the Southern District of Texas and is negotiating a new agreement that will eliminate most of its roughly $8.67 billion debt, it said. Under the deal, Diamond Sports would become a separate company from its current parent Sinclair Broadcast Group.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

Don't like the price increase, but not sure if there is a good alternative (much cheaper that the AT&T Uverse we were on before).  We've been on YTTV a little over a year and it has worked really well.  I paid for a month of Sling TV in September to see the two Texas games on LHN and it was ok.

43 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm coming up on 4 years with YTTV.  Don't care for the price increase, but it's still cheaper by quite a bit over what my local (Cox) cable company would charge for 1 set top box and the tier that has all the all of the ESPN content, plus every damned fee and whatnot they tack on.  

Yeah and the user experience is like 1000000% better than any cable or satellite company I've ever used.

When you log in to your account is super easy to understand exactly what you're subscribing to, toggle packages on and off, etc., as opposed to cable operators where you would have to call in and haggle with some jagoff in a call center 4x a year just keep your bill from slowly escalating. 

• Hook 'Em 6

that would be nice.  sounds like the rollout will be gradual and take a few months.  nothing for me yet.

Go to “home” and the first row is titled “top picks for you” and you can see the multi view. The other way is to select the game from the guide and, if available, it will give you the option to watch live or the multi view. So far it’s only worked with 2 games at a time.

See the white outline on top left box?  Can use arrows to select between boxes and audio switches. Press enter on a box to go full screen, back to go to 4 boxes

26 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I can only get two on my TV.  

And it's a disaster. Can't do it on every channel.

Can't figure out how to change just one of the channels, or change which one has volume.

It was only 2 this morning before the four games started 

27 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Mine is still showing only two games "Watch in multiview (2 games)" and it doesn't seem like it's letting me pick which two... like now it's not letting me do ISU-Pitt in MV.

For right now, the multiview streams are pre-selected by YTTV, you can't pick your own choices, just whatever games they decide to pair up.  Right now I have two, the Creighton/NC State game paired with Iona/UConn, and another one for the women's tournament (really?).  There have been other pairings throughout the afternoon, so probably more for the nighttime games, hopefully will get a quad offering for tonight.. 

• Drool 1

6 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

For right now, the multiview streams are pre-selected by YTTV, you can't pick your own choices, just whatever games they decide to pair up.  Right now I have two, the Creighton/NC State game paired with Iona/UConn, and another one for the women's tournament (really?).  There have been other pairings throughout the afternoon, so probably more for the nighttime games, hopefully will get a quad offering for tonight.. 

I had a game paired with the Drew Barrymore Show earlier, I guess after the CBS game ended.  That was useful.  

Just now, Dr Fear said:
4 hours ago, RPM said:
Anyone else lose TCM from the channel guide? It and 4-5 other channels were suddenly hidden on my guide.

Hmm, I believe if you have a custom guide, any new channels don't auto add. Maybe same thing if they move them around?

That's probably it. I noticed some new Hallmark channels were listed. They obviously don't know me very well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So the multi view is a cool feature but you can't actually pick what is in it...you have to pick a combo YouTubeTV has decided upon...this is fucking absurd.  Right now I can watch up to 4 games of various combinations but NONE OF THEM include Minnesota-Nebraska AND UF-Utah.  How is this even possible?  The two most desirable games not being in a single multi view stream and there are TWENTY SIX multi view streams.

ESPN is not doing any 4K for college despite doing so the past two years https://www.sportsvideo.org/2023/09/01/college-football-kickoff-2023-espn-ups-two-games-a-week-to-1080p-hdr-launches-game-creek-varsity-for-abc-saturday-night-football/

It says the prime time ABC and ESPN games will be in 1080P HDR but I don't think I got that on YouTube tv this past Saturday.

Just switched back to YouTube after a year with Hulu on Saturday.

Love the custom guide l of channels that I just watch and that it automatically opens up whenever I want to change channels.Hulu kept going to the actual guide with 75% useless channels and not “recent”.

The multi video feature sucks compared to fubos. If fubo had Turner channels, I would’ve never left. What a sham

After multi video far no complaints. 4K video worked pretty damn well compared to last years 4K games that buffered a lot

On 9/4/2023 at 2:45 PM, Hozz said:

ESPN is not doing any 4K for college despite doing so the past two years https://www.sportsvideo.org/2023/09/01/college-football-kickoff-2023-espn-ups-two-games-a-week-to-1080p-hdr-launches-game-creek-varsity-for-abc-saturday-night-football/

It says the prime time ABC and ESPN games will be in 1080P HDR but I don't think I got that on YouTube tv this past Saturday.

Despite what this article says, the Texas-Alabama game is showing as 4K on YouTubeTV.