2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

pressure too much.  having to play your 6th match is a mental grind though.  Horschel isn't doing anything but surviving either. 

Wish they would come up with a different format for Dell Matchplay where they played fewer holes until the Elite 8

Not sure exactly how it would be done, but I was kinda happy that Spieth lost in the Sweet 16 with The Masters coming up soon.  Playing 7 rounds to win at Dell can freaking wear a player down too much...

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

wonder if the storm got it.

Maybe.   Wedding was < 5 years ago.  I haven’t been there in a few years.  The photographer REALLY loved that fucking windmill.  We indulged her artistic instinct and the pics weren’t great, but that windmill 100% was there 5 years ago.  Feels like I spent half an hour there.

16 hours ago, dcar00 said:

yeah, it is what it is but you wonder if he can ever be truly consistent in high leverage situations.

Ya'll are some short-memory-having motherfuckers. Scottie was the most dominant player on the course all day Saturday and Sunday morning - I think he was -15 without a bogey over his two rounds on Saturday. Demolished Poulter, took down Rahm, and beat Kuchar in a "high leverage" moment by burying a birdie putt on 17. He and Horschel both SUCKED Sunday afternoon, and it was clearly fatigue. Sucks that our boy lost, and he probably struck the ball better than BillyHo did but putted worse. Let's not over rotate here and let 4-5 bad putts cloud a phenomenal weekend of golf. He's won at every level he's ever played at, at this weekend proved he can beat the big boys.

17 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

3. Jordan Spieth (14/1)

Reason to pick: The 2015 Masters champ has recorded top-15s, including three top-fives, in five of his past six starts, thanks in large part to improved driving. Oh, and there’s the fact that no one has played Augusta National better since Spieth burst on the scene. In other words, he seems to be rounding back into form just in time so he makes the biggest move on our big board.

Cause for concern: As Spieth has proved in recent weeks, there’s a big difference between contending on the PGA Tour and winning. Shaky weekend play, particularly on Sundays, has been a big reason why it’s been nearly four years since his last victory. That being said, I’m not as concerned considering I bet him to win this event at 50/1 during his Waste Management charge.

I'm not counting on him winning, but I grabbed some of that 50/1 action myself. 

image.thumb.png.3e0837a8b6d5dd281197463b872b16f5.png

• Hook 'Em 1