2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

From yesterday. 
[img]https://i.ibb.co/GMw6TVT/EF0224-D1-069-B-4-A08-87-CE-177-E98-FED7-E1.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/xq1S9JH/DF902-E8-C-1-ACF-4-E30-9-CF2-268-FD0084765.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/VgdZNCc/147-DECAA-0-E8-F-4-EB0-B13-B-F615-D11-B4-AD5.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/R2Ldqdr/80-A0-D973-1-BFB-4-CD7-A962-079702-ECC9-E9.jpg[/img]

39 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

But most of the time he correctly says “yep” and says it assertively. He gives Spieth confidence. He screwed up there. But it doesn’t matter. They’ll get his first win in 3.5 years and can talk about that exchange as champions. Room for improvement heading to Augusta. 

I missed the discussion.  were they going left because they were worried if he goes right and pulls it he's in the water?  water on the 3rd shot was the only real way to lose the tournament.

I missed the discussion.  were they going left because they were worried if he goes right and pulls it he's in the water?  water on the 3rd shot was the only real way to lose the tournament.

Greller wanted 3 wood down the right side, nearly pin high where it’s 50 yards wide. Would have been the optimal low-risk play. Jordan was insistent that 8i was the right play. I think he then just rushed into the shot rather than thinking through the target, wind, slope, etc.
  • Like 2

Hey, Augusta is a par 67 for Bryson.

I'd love nothing more than to see Jordan put on his 2nd green jacket, but JT is the one to beat IMO. He wants a Masters win more than anything. The greens won't be anywhere near as receptive as they were in Nov for DJ, and b2b wins there are so rare.

Rahm and Morikawa should definitely be there. I have no idea what to make of Rory right now. Flip a coin if he contends or MCs.

• Hook 'Em 1

TMZ:

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Tiger was driving 83 MPH in a 45 mph zone at the time of the crash. They say speed was the sole cause of the crash. We're told Tiger waived his right of privacy and authorized the release of the accident report to the public.

There's more ... law enforcement sources tell us, the Sheriff's Dept. did not get a warrant to check Tiger's cell phone to determine if he was on a call or texting at the time of the crash. Our sources say the Dept. felt it did not have probable cause to get a warrant for cell phone records, although that is often done in accident investigations.

9 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

TMZ:

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Tiger was driving 83 MPH in a 45 mph zone at the time of the crash. They say speed was the sole cause of the crash. We're told Tiger waived his right of privacy and authorized the release of the accident report to the public.

There's more ... law enforcement sources tell us, the Sheriff's Dept. did not get a warrant to check Tiger's cell phone to determine if he was on a call or texting at the time of the crash. Our sources say the Dept. felt it did not have probable cause to get a warrant for cell phone records, although that is often done in accident investigations.

The radio report, NPR, said that "he may have mistakingly hit the gas pedal". I guess, since he is new to driving and just got his license.

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The radio report, NPR, said that "he may have mistakingly hit the gas pedal". I guess, since he is new to driving and just got his license.

occam's razor here.  dude was late, speeding to catch up, and looking or messing with his phone. we'll never know if they don't check the phone records but I give it a 95% chance.

9 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

It’s a thing. It sounds crazy but I’ve heard multiple different people talk about it being a thing. 

12 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

They said the pressure on the accelerator was 99% and zero brake. Unless he had a death wish I'm guessing he panicked and mistakenly hit the gas instead of the brakes.

So tired of this distance bullshit. 99.9% of golfers need the game to be easier to grow it. Who gives a shit if the best players in history shoot 20 under at the masters?  Steph and LeBron would freak the fuck out of the NBA 25 years ago. Dj Metcalf would freak the fuck out of the NFL 25 years ago. Artists chapman or Jordan hicks would freak the fuck out of the mlb 25 years ago. 

Grow the fuck up and realize as a species we are getting better at games. Who gives a shit about protecting par. Give me the best that have ever lived playing the best ever. 

You still have to chip and putt. 

So tired of this distance bullshit. 99.9% of golfers need the game to be easier to grow it. Who gives a shit if the best players in history shoot 20 under at the masters?  Steph and LeBron would freak the fuck out of the NBA 25 years ago. Dj Metcalf would freak the fuck out of the NFL 25 years ago. Artists chapman or Jordan hicks would freak the fuck out of the mlb 25 years ago. 
Grow the fuck up and realize as a species we are getting better at games. Who gives a shit about protecting par. Give me the best that have ever lived playing the best ever. 
You still have to chip and putt. 

The vast majority of proposed solutions I’ve heard would only be applied to pros, so 99.9% not impacted

19 minutes ago, pops said:

That sentiment would be fine and dandy if the results were based solely on the evolution of the athlete and not the evolution of the equipment as well. What other major sport has had to face that?  I personally find watching driver, wedge, putt far less interesting than the shot making of previous generations. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

That sentiment would be fine and dandy if the results were based solely on the evolution of the athlete and not the evolution of the equipment as well. What other major sport has had to face that?  I personally find watching driver, wedge, putt far less interesting than the shot making of previous generations. 

I get your stance. I really do. But I could never hit a persimmon as good as Norman nor will I be able to hit a new driver as good as rory or DJ. 

If you want to roll back the ball then fine. Just make it for everyone. But until a weird November last year,  tiger held the lowest number at the masters (tied with spieth) playing a cobra driver with a steel shaft and a titleist professional. The best usually win. 

It's probably easier for the pros now than it was but who cares.