2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

On 5/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, Jive Turkey said:

i'd be pissed if i was Bryson and offered $30 mil, but old man Phil was offered $100 mil.

do people really think Phil moves the needle that much?  newsflash:  he doesn't.

I'm gonna guess the average age of the PGA tv audience skews much higher than the major team sports, and Phil drives more views than BCD. Probably not 3x more views, but I don't worry about that douche not making enough money. He'll be fine. 

25 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Rory can't make it easy.

His shot on 17 was nails. Getting through 17 and 18 even par is very difficult (it's why Ancer posting at 9 was a big deal) he did it in one over and it was good enough.

And fuck it he's back in the winner's circle and I'm $110 richer on a $20 flyer. 

Still the closest we've seen to Tiger. Not that he's remotely close - I kind of feel bad for this crop since that will always be their measuring stick. 

Edited by ztejas

Rory now at 32:

2x PGA

US Open

British 

Players

3× WGC 

2x FedEx Cup (incl 5 FedEx cup playoff event wins)

3x PGA Tour POTY

3x Euro Tour POTY

3x PGA tour stroke leader 

28 professional wins incl. 19 PGA qualifying wins and 14 Euro qualifying

2006 Euro amateur champion 

4 Ryder wins in 5 appearances garnering 13 points total (yeah, I know, fuck him for that one)

He is WELL past a double HoF resume and working towards a triple. Will be interesting to see if he can get the major monkey off his back at Kiawah.

Byron Nelson moves into its new digs this week.  TPC Craig Ranch up in McKinney. 

decent field the week before a major.  big names include:

Winner - PGA/U.S. Open Championship
Jason Day
Bryson DeChambeau
Dustin Johnson
Brooks Koepka
Jordan Spieth
Jimmy Walker

Winner - THE PLAYERS Championship
Rickie Fowler
Si Woo Kim

Winner - The Masters
Sergio Garcia
Hideki Matsuyama

Winners of the Arnold Palmer, Memorial, Genesis (Last 3 Years)
Jon Rahm
Marc Leishman

for the par 3 17th, they're trying to recreate #16 at Scottsdale.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

TAYLORMADE SOLD – KEY TAKEAWAYS:

Breaking News: TaylorMade sold to a Korean Private Equity firm for $1.6 billion.
KPS Financial bought TaylorMade from adidas in 2017 for $425 million.

Sale comes amidst reports of the highest industry-wide Q1 golf equipment sales on record.

We’re hearing rumblings this morning the rumored sale of TaylorMade is now a reality. Today’s Korea Economic Daily Global Edition is reporting that TaylorMade has been sold to Centroid Investment Partners, a Korean Private Equity firm for $1.6 billion.

The newspaper reports it is the largest-ever acquisition in the golf industry. The deal is expected to be finalized in July.

$1.6 billion is a hefty price tag. KPS Financial LP, a New York-based private equity firm, purchased TaylorMade, Adams and Ashworth from adidas four years ago for $425 million. At the time, it was believed KPS would streamline and restructure TaylorMade with an eye towards selling it at a tidy profit.

We’d say $1.6 billion – roughly four times the original investment – qualifies as mission accomplished.

52 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

he just chunked one on 14.  but still 7 under through 13.

Back 9 for Jordan has been leaking oil -- a few par saves have kept him at -7 going into the 18th hole.

Mishit the driver on Par 5 18th hole, but stayed in the fairway further back

Edited by LTtxfan
spelling

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Back 9 for Jordan has been leaking oil -- a few par saves have kept him at -7 going into the 18th hole.

Mishit the driver on Par 5 18th hole, but stayed in the fairway further back

282yds out -- Jordan hits his 2nd shot on to the 18th green

(Might be tired from battling COVID-19 recovery recently)

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

282yds out -- Jordan hits his 2nd shot on to the 18th green

(Might be tired from battling COVID-19 recovery recently)

Jordan told the golf reporter that he hit his 2nd shot 3 wood further than he hit his driver on that 18th hole -- fantastic approach shot