Texas WR/TE Passing Offense Talk

LTtxfan

On 9/18/2022 at 10:50 PM, LTtxfan said:

Since passing offense thread... Great one-handed snag by RoJo.  Big momentum play.

This is straight up go-go stuff right here . A lot of the passing out of mesh concepts we saw against Bama and UTSA as well as the the 31 personnel we ran to start off against Bama that was called back with Roshon was Go-Go stuff. 

9 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Where's the recruiting thread on Surly? Jalen Hale, WR prospect out of Longview is expected to verbally commit to UT/AL/aggy today. Was looking to see if it's covered here on Surly somewhere.

Hit this link at top where it says Texas Recruiting

• Like 1

Per IT...   Texas Just Snakebit

Sark brought in the following to help his passing offense

• Agiye Hall  (got suspended)
  • Neyor    (ACL injury, out for season)
  • Billingsley (6 games out,  academics??)
  • B.Thompson  (Bronchitis, out 2 games)
  • Milton -- not seen much from him yet
  • Ewers -- injured, missed 3 3/4 games

Also Xavier missed 2nd half against tech.

With Card at QB, Texas just really isn't appreciably better on offense right now.

Edited by LTtxfan

45 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

SIAP... Just popped up on my YouTube

Nike Coach of the Year Clinic 2020

I watched the offensive pass plays vs WV again. This might have been Sark’s best job. I would estimate about 40% of the passing yards where screens and quick throws to the flats. They represented 50-60% of the completions and never went past the 1st read. Much more of a horizontal attack that would have made GDGD proud. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somewhat related, this video popped up on my feed earlier today.  It sparked a thought about Sark keeping his eye on Saban's roster and leveraging the portal + prior season results to continue poaching receiver & TE talent out of Tuscaloosa.  Seems additional opportunity may be brewing for the offseason that we could take advantage of.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

I don't think I have ever seen a group of wr ever block as hard as this team does.. 

The last time I can remember was 2008-09. 

Sanders gonna win the Mackey award 

And X gonna be a finalist for the Biletnikoff award until winning it next year. 

Bijan taking home the Doak. 

Quinn for the Heisman next season. 

It's crazy to think we have legit 4 possible 4 first rounders right now after having not a single drafted plauer this past draft. 

Weird to think Christian Jones will be drafted, and maybe evem Whitt. It's late and I'm missing some players, but what a change with Sark at the helm. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

7 minutes ago, BarthHollamew said:

When are we going to see Troy O. post up on some undersized corner?  Please tell me when?  Is the guy slow?  Still not 100%  Lost a step?  Doesn’t want to block?   He sure looks the part. 

Troy Omeire is more of an idea than a person. 

• Haha 1

I was thinking Sark needs to lean on Sanders/Billingsley more between the hashes. Getting either one on LBs is probably the biggest mismatch Texas has. I know it doesn't fit Sark's constant hunt for explosive plays, but it is probably a nice answer for keeping the offense on schedule. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I was thinking Sark needs to lean on Sanders/Billingsley more between the hashes. Getting either one on LBs is probably the biggest mismatch Texas has. I know it doesn't fit Sark's constant hunt for explosive plays, but it is probably a nice answer for keeping the offense on schedule. 

Sark needs to evolve -- more ball control right now would mean more Texas wins in 2022.   

On 10/20/2022 at 3:41 AM, BarthHollamew said:

When are we going to see Troy O. post up on some undersized corner?  Please tell me when?  Is the guy slow?  Still not 100%  Lost a step?  Doesn’t want to block?   He sure looks the part. 

I think Jesus will return before Omire