Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

42 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’m all for the “little guy” but you can’t convince me that this isn’t stupid. 

might seem that way, but consider a few things.

1. Deion knows how to coach the position. Looks aren't everything, but find any clip of Sanders teaching DBs or talking about DBs from when he would show up to NFL camps or college campuses and it's apparent, understanding the position was more than a matter of simple athleticism.

2. There was a composite 4-star player who signed for Jackson State last year and was the highest rated recruit for the year for an FCS school. He did pretty well for himself, and the team played quite well. He won the Jerry Rice award for FCS Freshman of the year. I believe if you look, the number 3 pick in this last year's draft was a recipient of that award himself.

3. This year's draft was the first time in more than 10 years a HBCU player didn't get drafted, and a lot of that was thought to be due to lack of exposure, pro-days, combine etc from Covid. None have been this highly rated in ever?

4. Following number 3, Deion was very aware of that fact and quite vocal about it. The guy is polarizing, but I do think he does want his players to do very well and is well aware of what the goal is. To that end, there are a number of influential alumni at HBCUs both in football and other things, that I suspect a guy with Deion's magnetism could pool together to get funds going.

Edited by naija
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Not sure how much this effects them, but FBI and NIL crossing paths is going to be a reoccurring theme in some of these situations I would wager.

FBI raids JSU donor.

The government says the two also used the money for other real estate transactions, political contributions, donations to Jackson State University and the JSU Tiger Fund Athletic Foundation and loan payments on vehicles.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure how that shit got into the quote box. Prolly 'cause I'm blind in one eye and cant see out of the other...

So, re GT going after Neon Deion:

It fucking well oughtta. That GT HC's performance last week makes MensaTom look like the next coming of Urban Meyer.

As I used to tell clients, "It's already broken... how bad do you want it to let it get before we start fixin' it?"

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Deion at Arizona State would be magical, but I’m pretty sure he wants a job in Texas or the South.

FSU is the play. He would absolutely rock the state of Florida and I do expect Norvell to have a late season collapse and be out of there. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Can anyone explain what the fuck is going on?

Deion is pissing off a SWAC head coach. Said head coach will get over it or he won’t. Sanders has brought more attention to the SWAC than at any point since Air McNair was slingin’ it at Alcorn State.

If this ridiculous conference wants to be taken seriously then drop the SWAC title game and have the conference champ go to the FCS playoffs instead of an absolutely pointless bowl game that no one watches unless they are there in person to see the bands perform.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

Deion is pissing off a SWAC head coach. Said head coach will get over it or he won’t. Sanders has brought more attention to the SWAC than at any point since Air McNair was slingin’ it at Alcorn State.

Agreed. I think the ASU coach was a lil bit salty about getting his butt kicked and then Deion saying they only sold out homecoming because JSU made it worse.

When asked why he thought Robinson reacted angrily, Sanders said, “I think he thought he was going to get a win. I don’t know why he would’ve ever thought that.

Sanders used Alabama State’s selection of the Tigers as their homecoming opponent as a motivational tool for his players during the week. He mentioned it during the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) teleconference on Oct. 3 as well as Oct. 4 during his weekly availability with the local media.

Alabama State announced the game was a sellout during the week. The Hornets had not drawn more than 16,000 spectators in their previous five homecoming games at their 26,500-seat stadium.

“I heard him also spew out comments about what did I say leading up to the week,” Sanders said after Saturday’s game. “I was a darn good salesman leading up to the week. Did we sell the game out? Did we sell the game out, yes or no? Had they ever been sold out here?

“So, I thought I did my job. I thought I should be applauded, really.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 'stache said:

So Eddie Robinson, Jr., who isn’t related to SWAC legend Eddie Robinson. Probably should have gone with a middle initial.

I dunno man, if that was my name, that's exactly what I'd do.  I would try to perpetuate the myth that the legend is my dad.

8 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

I dunno man, if that was my name, that's exactly what I'd do.  I would try to perpetuate the myth that the legend is my dad.

Just seems weird. Barry Sanders' son goes by Barry J. Sanders, not Jr., and his father is in fact a legend.

Deion may give a shit about these players that are talented enough for the NFL but he is and always was, and always will be, a piece of shit. 

Nothing this fraudulent asshole does is a surprise. He's human garbage. His history is littered with nothing but evidence he's human garbage. 

Bullying the reporter for doing his job is such a chicken shit low move. You think he wants to be working at Jackson St his whole life? No, you ignorant mother fucker. And he isn't going to get hired anywhere else if he doesn't speak the white man's language in the white man's way when conducting professional interviews. And no, speaking to you in the same manner he would off camera isn't professional for an on camera interview you cunt stick

On 10/10/2022 at 10:10 AM, Vertigo said:

FSU is the play. He would absolutely rock the state of Florida and I do expect Norvell to have a late season collapse and be out of there. 

Deion at FSU would murder the recruiting trsil in Florida, and we're talking Bowden-type Florida recruiting. Coaching? No clue. Part of me thinks he's probably not a great coach, or wouldn't be at the P5 level like FSU. He would literally have to out-talent everyone he plays (a La Mack Brown, Ex Ogre, Chizik). 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

Just now, markstanco said:

That really sucks. Barry sr always seemed like an introvert.

Yeah, and a good dude. One memory I have of him is buying a grocery store for his hometown in Wichita that was going out of business to help the Wichitans out. 

I believe he didn't havr a relationship with his kid on his own terms, which is sad. 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:58 PM, Hermanator said:

Deion may give a shit about these players that are talented enough for the NFL but he is and always was, and always will be, a piece of shit. 

Nothing this fraudulent asshole does is a surprise. He's human garbage. His history is littered with nothing but evidence he's human garbage. 

Bullying the reporter for doing his job is such a chicken shit low move. You think he wants to be working at Jackson St his whole life? No, you ignorant mother fucker. And he isn't going to get hired anywhere else if he doesn't speak the white man's language in the white man's way when conducting professional interviews. And no, speaking to you in the same manner he would off camera isn't professional for an on camera interview you cunt stick

Deion thinks you’re a sensitive bitch.

• Like 3

• immamac changed the title to Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado