Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

17 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Great speech. I haven't really paid attention to all the hoopla around Deion the coach, but that was some great advice.   

I think Deion can be a great coach. He has the message, he has the cache, he has the IQ and knowledge of the game, he has the business sense to not do stupid shit. The only thing that was a question is how would he be as an on field coach. He is 23-5 at Jackson State, 8-0 this year, so I think he is ready for that next jump. 

21 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

He's right but the message just doesn't get through no matter who it comes from. 

Is rapper the most hazardous profession in America?

Isn't so much the rapping profession as what they are into outside the booth. They just happen to be rappers. Most of the ones killed are killed in the streets that has nothing to do with rap. They can't leave the street life behind. 

The rapper who died last night had nothing to do with the incident. He was chilling and quiet. Scuffle breaks out and shots ring out. He gits hit in the crossfire from his own posse. Not sure why a dice game is breaking out in a high end event where they were at. He did nothing to warrant getting shot, he was just at the wrong place. 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Isn't so much the rapping profession as what they are into outside the booth. They just happen to be rappers. Most of the ones killed are killed in the streets that has nothing to do with rap. They can't leave the street life behind. 

The rapper who died last night had nothing to do with the incident. He was chilling and quiet. Scuffle breaks out and shots ring out. He gits hit in the crossfire from his own posse. Not sure why a dice game is breaking out in a high end event where they were at. He did nothing to warrant getting shot, he was just at the wrong place. 

I didn’t listen to them much but yeah he wasn’t the kind of rapper I thought this would happen to. He wasn’t a trap artist and his music didn’t really seem too street or anything to me. Sad situation. 

On 11/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, Helobious said:

To me trap is more underground and they were so mainstream, but yeah I guess they did make the whole trap genre popular to begin with. Point is I didn’t get a very edgy vibe from them at all.

They aren't Young Thug, but Migos are in some form from the street. Broken homes and all the mess that follows.  Their namesake comes from a local gang.  Atlanta rap in general has been all kinds of a mess the past decade.  It's a better than 50/50 bet that any Atl rap artist is in a street gang or a street gang will form around them or adopt them quickly.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

They aren't Young Thug, but Migos are in some form from the street. Broken homes and all the mess that follows.  Their namesake comes from a local gang.  Atlanta rap in general has been all kinds of a mess the past decade.  It's a better than 50/50 bet that any Atl rap artist is in a street gang or a street gang will form around them or adopt them quickly.
Many don't know but Migos are from a small city called Lawrenceville outside of Atlanta. I don't know their history or personal life but I was never under the impression they portrayed themselves as some hardcore street people or gangstas.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Feldman said Deion had been offered the job. 

That would be a weird fit. Colorado is where coaches go to die. Feels like he needs to be in the south somewhere. 

Norvell bought himself a couple of more years at FSU. They might be ready for Deion by 2025. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • immamac changed the title to Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado
2 minutes ago, pacman said:

The challenge for Deion will not be in finding the players. It will be finding the right coaches, coaches that can competently handle Power 5 football, and juggling alumni.

I am not under the impression that he's going to have his buddies be coaches they will probably be analysts and he will get high quality coaches similar to the way Sark did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, pacman said:

The challenge for Deion will not be in finding the players. It will be finding the right coaches, coaches that can competently handle Power 5 football, and juggling alumni.

I don't see Prime as the person that is going to be loyal to anyone that ain't carrying their weight. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, immamac said:

I am not under the impression that he's going to have his buddies be coaches they will probably be analysts and he will get high quality coaches similar to the way Sark did. 

Thx for updating thread title Immamac !!!

He mentions filming documentaries in his press conference (around 22min) -- calls them "doc drops".

Promises exposure for the players and the school.  Documentaries will start on Dec 15th.  Wants to give players attention, love, exposure and followers.  Says not crazy about NIL, understands it and wants kids to be comfortable.  Deion wants players focused on the NFL rather than NIL.

Edited by LTtxfan

DECEMBER 4      5 STAR WIDE RECEIVER

Former Texas A&M Aggies 2025 commitment Winston Watkins Jr., who de-committed last month, has announced his new destination. And he will be following new Colorado Buffaloes head coach Deion Sanders to Boulder.  

Less than 24 hours after former Jackson State coach and NFL legend Deion Sanders was announced as the new coach of the Colorado Buffaloes he landed his first five-star recruit.

On Sunday, IMG Academy (Florida) five-star wide receiver Winston Watkins Jr. announced his commitment to Colorado:

The 5-foot-10, 172-pound pass-catcher is rated the nation's No. 13 overall prospect and No. 4 wide receiver in the class of 2025, making him the third highest-rated pledge in program history, behind only running back Darnell Scott (No. 4 overall, 2008) and running back Marcus Houston (No. 5 overall, 2020). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Former Texas A&M Aggies 2025 commitment Winston Watkins Jr., who de-committed last month, has announced his new destination. And he will be following new Colorado Buffaloes head coach Deion Sanders to Boulder.  

Didn’t they beat us for a kid named Houston 20 years ago?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Im in the camp that Deion did Jackson St dirty. They gave him a head coaching job when zero larger schools would have given him anything other than a position coach role. He definitely exceeded expectations and then ran out ASAP.

he has a right to take any job offered to him. I’m not saying he’s doing something illegal or wrong. However just because you can do something doesn’t mean that others are not allowed think less of you because of it.

maybe he will repeat that same success at CU but my bet is that Jackson St and CU will ultimately regret hiring Deion. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Local news is super pumped about this hire. Especially with the Broncos sucking ass

Buffs  might get more commitments today than the Broncos had points.

(9)

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Im in the camp that Deion did Jackson St dirty. They gave him a head coaching job when zero larger schools would have given him anything other than a position coach role. He definitely exceeded expectations and then ran out ASAP.

he has a right to take any job offered to him. I’m not saying he’s doing something illegal or wrong. However just because you can do something doesn’t mean that others are not allowed think less of you because of it.

maybe he will repeat that same success at CU but my bet is that Jackson St and CU will ultimately regret hiring Deion. 

dumb

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

can Prime Time consult with the UT hiring of assistant coaches ?

Edited by tx 3 putt

Never have liked Deion off the field. Dirty as fuck when it comes to athletes and money, and has been for a long ass time. Grifting motherfucker.

Alas, that shit's legal now.

He doesn't owe Jackson State jack shit aside from any buy-out in the contract.  I don't see how anyone in today's climate of free-agency and hire 'em/ fire'em in an instant, could feel that prime somehow hosed JSU.  The exposure alone for their program was a big benefit.

46 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

I dunno. Watching those videos of him talking are pretty interesting.

After tonight’s Cowboy game, I think I’m going to leave my wife and try to walk-on at CU.

He’s fucking legit and only cares about winning. He straight up told guys in there they better portal now cause some won’t be there. And told injured guys that if they aren’t worth anything it’s hugs and kisses and goodbye. Colorado dominating USC would be hilarious to me

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is a bad take. He had the AD in the room when he told the team. He is helping them backfill his role and he is not going to just take the roster with him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is a bad take. He had the AD in the room when he told the team. He is helping them backfill his role and he is not going to just take the roster with him. 

You actually think he’s looking backwards at Jackson State? I like Deion and his personality but you haven’t spent any time watching him.