Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

Is taggart a get? He’s been fired twice over the last 3 years.

I’m sure that some CU players may take up Deion on the portal option but frankly are there any decent CU players that other schools would want? I’m assuming a big reason they were bad this year was that so many left last year.

as for Deion bragging that he has 10 top players on their way, how does he know that? Are coaches allowed to recruit from other schools? 

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is taggart a get? He’s been fired twice over the last 3 years.

I’m sure that some CU players may take up Deion on the portal option but frankly are there any decent CU players that other schools would want? I’m assuming a big reason they were bad this year was that so many left last year.

as for Deion bragging that he has 10 top players on their way, how does he know that? Are coaches allowed to recruit from other schools? 

Buffs have maybe 5-10 players who belong on the team.  All the talent that was there (and it wasn't a lot) bolted in the last 1-2 years.

Sounds like over 200 players have already reached out to CU wanting to transfer there, including several 4* and a few 5* guys.  

I have nothing much to say other than a teammate of mine in his school was a walk-on at FSU and had to go against Sanders, each and every day, in practice. He said he never caught a pass against Sanders.

I think he will succeed at CU. I’m not for, or against, him. I have been to one game there and had a blast. It’s a gorgeous campus.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 2

you can look right at Texas for some of what is going on here

the #1 issue with Texas is there has not been a coach here in decades that had the ability to tell players "you are a giant fucking pussy take a seat" and get respect for it from the players, the media, or anyone else

Mack Brown just did not have that in him no matter what and never will and we can still see the results of that with the giant pussy chrissy simms and his "hot take" in TCU and the Big 12......shit fans that hate Texas were mocking him and calling him out for sucking at Texas and in the NFL and for being a giant vag

no one after Mack Brown got any respect from players especially when shit went south on them after a season......Charlie GTFO, Tom was a G5 coach and had no respect at a top P5 to try his G5 bullshit with the media, fans, or players and that is why he was let go and no need to see even one more year of that.....Sark better hit the transfer portal hard this year AND send some dead weight packing (like Prime is doing packing their bags for them and having someone take their phone from them and ordering them an Uber off campus to the nearest airport or even the bus station)

you don't think Prime is looking at Nick during those commercials and picking his brain and watching how he moves and probably showing up to some practices to see some assholes getting ripped open

that is what Texas needs a coach that can tell players to GTFO and the rest of the team throws rotten food at them on the way out and tells them to toughen up at their next stop or be a pussy forever and then they get back to trying to eat each other and win

same issue with aggy none of those players give a fuck about jimbo and they do not give a fuck about what jimbo says about them to anyone as they leave that is why they are smoking weed in the locker room and fucking off every night because they know if they are worth a fuck they can transfer to OU and win a Heisman or transfer somewhere else and win a ton of games and make it to the NFL.....or hell even lose a lot of games at aggy, fuck off weekly, and still get to the NFL

with Prime if he shits on you on the way out the door that has weight and that makes other coaches hesitant about you and is a sign you are a real fucking idiot even if you have talent

very few coaches have that leverage these days.....even fewer have it with players moms or in rare cases with players that have a mom and a fuck head "involved dad"

none of these "involved dads" want to get a call from Prime letting them know that Prime has labeled their son a Grade A Prime Fucking Loser and he is sending their ass back home on the next Greyhound

none of these "involved dads" (or these "my baby" moms) give a fuck if Charlie, Tom, jimbo or 85% of the other coaches out there call and tell them their son is a fuck head because they already think that coach is a fuck head and their son should be elsewhere

as for the race thing I think Deion knows that is there for him to use, but I think he has ZERO interest in that UNLESS things get where he gets stuck winning 5 or 6 games a season to start and some media types with an axe to grind because Deion treats them like the fuck heads they are start really coming after him and even then I think he would only go to it if he KNEW the next year was going to be a big jump in wins.....and more so because then he could really shit on the careers of some of those types and possibly cost them a job or make them forever kiss his ass

at this point I think he went to Colorado to take the "hard route" because at this point I think he likes what Nick has and he wants that.....and the way to get that is to work magic at a shit hole like CU and then the ability to pick from many jobs is there and the ability to have Prime's coaching rehab and the respect of fans, media, players, moms, shit head "involved dads" and to wholesale churn through 4 and 5 star players is set in stone like it is for Nick and you just reload and move on and even if some of you cast offs go other places and do well or extremely well people will still give you credit for "waking them up" and once you have that well your players have to respect and fear you and they know from day 1 what they are walking into and then all the talking and speeches are no longer needed you can just point to hardware

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

the #1 issue with Texas is there has not been a coach here in decades that had the ability to tell players "you are a giant fucking pussy take a seat" and get respect for it from the players, the media, or anyone else

Mack Brown just did not have that in him no matter what and never will and we can still see the results of that with the giant pussy chrissy simms and his "hot take" in TCU and the Big 12......shit fans that hate Texas were mocking him and calling him out for sucking at Texas and in the NFL and for being a giant vag

no one after Mack Brown got any respect from players especially when shit went south on them after a season......Charlie GTFO, Tom was a G5 coach and had no respect at a top P5 to try his G5 bullshit with the media, fans, or players and that is why he was let go and no need to see even one more year of that.....Sark better hit the transfer portal hard this year AND send some dead weight packing (like Prime is doing packing their bags for them and having someone take their phone from them and ordering them an Uber off campus to the nearest airport or even the bus station)

you don't think Prime is looking at Nick during those commercials and picking his brain and watching how he moves and probably showing up to some practices to see some assholes getting ripped open

that is what Texas needs a coach that can tell players to GTFO and the rest of the team throws rotten food at them on the way out and tells them to toughen up at their next stop or be a pussy forever and then they get back to trying to eat each other and win

same issue with aggy none of those players give a fuck about jimbo and they do not give a fuck about what jimbo says about them to anyone as they leave that is why they are smoking weed in the locker room and fucking off every night because they know if they are worth a fuck they can transfer to OU and win a Heisman or transfer somewhere else and win a ton of games and make it to the NFL.....or hell even lose a lot of games at aggy, fuck off weekly, and still get to the NFL

with Prime if he shits on you on the way out the door that has weight and that makes other coaches hesitant about you and is a sign you are a real fucking idiot even if you have talent

very few coaches have that leverage these days.....even fewer have it with players moms or in rare cases with players that have a mom and a fuck head "involved dad"

none of these "involved dads" want to get a call from Prime letting them know that Prime has labeled their son a Grade A Prime Fucking Loser and he is sending their ass back home on the next Greyhound

none of these "involved dads" (or these "my baby" moms) give a fuck if Charlie, Tom, jimbo or 85% of the other coaches out there call and tell them their son is a fuck head because they already think that coach is a fuck head and their son should be elsewhere

as for the race thing I think Deion knows that is there for him to use, but I think he has ZERO interest in that UNLESS things get where he gets stuck winning 5 or 6 games a season to start and some media types with an axe to grind because Deion treats them like the fuck heads they are start really coming after him and even then I think he would only go to it if he KNEW the next year was going to be a big jump in wins.....and more so because then he could really shit on the careers of some of those types and possibly cost them a job or make them forever kiss his ass

at this point I think he went to Colorado to take the "hard route" because at this point I think he likes what Nick has and he wants that.....and the way to get that is to work magic at a shit hole like CU and then the ability to pick from many jobs is there and the ability to have Prime's coaching rehab and the respect of fans, media, players, moms, shit head "involved dads" and to wholesale churn through 4 and 5 star players is set in stone like it is for Nick and you just reload and move on and even if some of you cast offs go other places and do well or extremely well people will still give you credit for "waking them up" and once you have that well your players have to respect and fear you and they know from day 1 what they are walking into and then all the talking and speeches are no longer needed you can just point to hardware

picard too long didnt read GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Tom Herman didn't coddle and was a tremendous asshole to the players. It's why so many transferred. Whatever fantasy land you live in is hilarious. 

I never said Tom coddled players what I said is they did not respect him and his bullshit

it does not matter how hard you are on players (or how soft) if they players do not respect you and think you are full of shit they are not going to respond to you and these days they are going to transfer out on you in wholesale numbers and others are not going to flood in to replace them especially if you are hard on them

Tom was just a tremendous asshole in general and had nothing to point to to back that up and people especially 4 and 5 star players do not respect that

Prime has shit to back up what he says and more importantly he has players that want to follow him and help him shove others out the door to take their spot and their spotlight

Tom had players telling their own relatives not to come to Texas as long time Texas legacies....on the O line no less where Texas still needs work today

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You've got to clear room in the class for your guys, but this is a pretty shitty way to do it, especially this close to NSD1.

Then again, after Prime Prep, you knew he didn't really give a shit about the kids.

Yeah, definitely better ways to do it, but it should be the position coach they are talking to anyway. I don't think hearing it from a new coach you have never talked to before is going to make it any less painful. This is one of those it works both ways - kid gets better offer he's jumping at it. Or school fires coach he wanted to play for and player re-opens his commitment. 

This just highlights another change of the portal. Teams aren't going to take projects unless they are clear cut above what they can get via the portal. More and more kids are going to need to go to a school "below" where they might have previously gone and "earn" their way to some of these teams via the portal in the future.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, MrX said:

Prime Academy was a disaster. But the early reports of his staff hires suggests he’s at least surrounding himself with people who know how to run a program that isn’t a tire fire. 

it's weird. It's like he knows football or something. 

• Haha 2

Buffs have maybe 5-10 players who belong on the team.  All the talent that was there (and it wasn't a lot) bolted in the last 1-2 years.

Sounds like over 200 players have already reached out to CU wanting to transfer there, including several 4* and a few 5* guys.  

Holy shit if true
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Ed Orgeron appears to be settling in just fine at Ole Miss by allegedly calling players with earrings "fucking pussy girls" (is that a Chinese translation for lesbian?), labeling the Cotton Bowl "bullshit," and taking off his shirt and challenging every "motherfucker" in the room to a fight...all in the course of a single team meeting.

You're a fucking moron.

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

kermit-typing-gif-9.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Might be the most accurate and succinct assessment of Texas Football I've ever seen here.

• Hook 'Em 1

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

the giant pussy chrissy simms and his "hot take" in TCU and the Big 12......shit fans that hate Texas were mocking him and calling him out for sucking at Texas and in the NFL and for being a giant vag

I'm no Simms apologist, but didn't he have a ruptured spleen or some shit and finish a game with the Titans? 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, TexasIsBetter said:

I'm no Simms apologist, but didn't he have a ruptured spleen or some shit and finish a game with the Titans? 

Yeah, ruptured spleen against Carolina.

“Simms’ injury, however, was much worse; he ruptured his spleen and started bleeding internally. The quarterback even began to blackout on the field, but went into the locker room, received some intravenous fluids, and returned to the action. After the game, though, everything clicked.”

He could’ve bled out.

I’m guessing this is a reference to his comments, not his fortitude. Though, of course, it is possible that people who reference the latter are just utter fucking imbeciles. 

One of the popular stories from before he got to Texas was that he got lit up in a game and the staff was checking whether he was ok and asked “Do you know where you are?” “Yeah, I’m in Bergen, etc. etc. Let me up so we can kick these guys’ asses.”

He’s still wrong about the Big 12, and, yeah, yeah, Colorado, but anyone who questions whether he is a tough MF is brain damaged. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Hard for me to decide whether to root for him or not.  Him telling his new players that he is bringing is own Louis Vuitton luggage and for them to hit the portal is pretty cringeworthy, but that is the current system.  Hell, if I was a Buffalo fan I would want those losing fucks out too.  
What if a player on scholarship doesn't want to hit the portal?  Can he pull their scholarships to make room for his hired guns to come in?

What’s cringeworthy about what he said? They went 1-11. They look soft and disinterested rather than ready to get to work five minutes after the speech. Most coaches go in saying things are changing and they need to buy in.

He also said nothing about stripping JSU. He likely has a ton of players wanting to now portal and play for him and he’ll likely have a killer signing day. I’d you’re deadwood you gotta go. He can pull scholarships just based on film.

Those facillities looked like shit. Most Texas high schools have a better meeting room than that. Looks like they still use a projector on a cart and an overhead. Like 1975.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Every good coach is an unbridled narcissist. You just look past it if he’s your coach.

(Most) every coach is really self-confident but not necessarily a narcissist. 

Doubt you would have seen Bill Snyder wear a jacket around with "Wizard" on it. But he should have probably. 

• Haha 2

Perhaps Prime is the new coaching style that we will see in all of college football as it's transitioning to professional football. If you're not producing on the field, you gotta go. You're in the way of bringing in someone via the transfer portal. Don't care what was said by me or another coach at your momma's kitchen table. Trash is thrown away.

There's no waiting for the player who might finally do something on the field when they're a senior. 

We might see some programs soon stop all high school recruiting except for 4-5 star athletes. Why bring in 3s or less when you can pull that level of talent from the transfer portal.

What's odd is new. See the 70s movie, One on One for coaches running off underperforming athletes.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Perhaps Prime is the new coaching style that we will see in all of college football as it's transitioning to professional football. If you're not producing on the field, you gotta go. You're in the way of bringing in someone via the transfer portal. Don't care what was said by me or another coach at your momma's kitchen table. Trash is thrown away.

There's no waiting for the player who might finally do something on the field when they're a senior. 

We might see some programs soon stop all high school recruiting except for 4-5 star athletes. Why bring in 3s or less when you can pull that level of talent from the transfer portal.

What's odd is new. See the 70s movie, One on One for coaches running off underperforming athletes.

If only the players could leave whenever they want

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Who is saying otherwise. We're moving into territory where coaches are placing their unwanted players into the portal. Or potentially out of football.

At least the players are getting to leave without penalty.  Scholarships have always been an annual agreement.  Perform or get out.  They didn't come here to play school right?

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Zimmer as a DC would be a great hire. 

It seems like a really weird fit. 

For one, Zimmer in college seems like an odd fit. Doesn't seem the requirements of the format would suit him well. Then Zimmer in college with the most flamboyant, wheels off head coach seems like a bad reality tv show. The list of coaches in 2022 that are more old school conservative (in the football sense) has to be pretty short. 

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

It seems like a really weird fit. 

For one, Zimmer in college seems like an odd fit. Doesn't seem the requirements of the format would suit him well. Then Zimmer in college with the most flamboyant, wheels off head coach seems like a bad reality tv show. The list of coaches in 2022 that are more old school conservative (in the football sense) has to be pretty short. 

Deion seems pretty buttoned up.  Like you, I sort of thought it would be wild and crazy 30 year old Deion but no

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

At least the players are getting to leave without penalty.  Scholarships have always been an annual agreement.  Perform or get out.  They didn't come here to play school right?

I think the Pac 12 requires schools to commit to four years, and that is why Prime is trying to scare players into entering the portal before he even shows up. I could be wrong about that, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Some programs soon stop all high school recruiting except for 4-5 star athletes. Why bring in 3s or less when you can pull that level of talent from the transfer portal.

That's an interesting take.

I know these schools do not fit your scenario, but it would be fun to see a school like Vanderbilt or Kansas refuse to recruit anything less than 4 star players.

I wonder if they would be able to field a team