Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

I think he has a Top 15 recruiting class next year, and after 2 years of shitty results the top recruits will stop listening to his fake persona. I can't get over the fact that he wants to go by Coach Prime, dude that's not a real person it's some fake persona you created to deal with your severe emotional baggage, because when Deion Sanders tried to deal with it, he tried to kill himself.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think he has a Top 15 recruiting class next year, and after 2 years of shitty results the top recruits will stop listening to his fake persona. I can't get over the fact that he wants to go by Coach Prime, dude that's not a real person it's some fake persona you created to deal with your severe emotional baggage, because when Deion Sanders tried to deal with it, he tried to kill himself.

Titles are very important to him.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Does he think this some earth-shattering revelation?

It’s something that needs repeating to college athletes if you have seen the news at many schools not just Baylor, including Texas recently in coaches, basketball and football players.  Every coach shouldn’t have to be doing this but every coach should.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

You seem like you have an axe to grind with Deion. He's at the very least shown that he can put talent together and win football games. Seeing as the former is like 60% of the requisite for winning at the FBS level I'm imagining he does okay at CU.

You're probably right.  I just don't believe ole Corch Prime does this shit out of some angle of benevolence.  He's always, always, always around the flow of money.  It's not a coincidence.

Making a profit ain't a sin, for sure.  Just call it what it is.

5 hours ago, slorch said:

You're probably right.  I just don't believe ole Corch Prime does this shit out of some angle of benevolence.  He's always, always, always around the flow of money.  It's not a coincidence.

Making a profit ain't a sin, for sure.  Just call it what it is.

Man I think about all those P5 head football coaches who are in it only for the kids and don’t hold their schools hostage for an extension and pay raise every chance they get, and then I see how righteous they are and how terrible and money hungry Sanders is

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Hold on. Prime prep wasn’t a money maker because it failed. That was absolutely his goal. Are you that naive to think he was doing that just to try to help some community?

When it works nobody criticizes. See IMG academy. He didn’t put the right people in charge, presumably because he knows nothing about how to pick people to start a specialty college prep academy. It was totally an ego thing IMO. I guess it could be because he just wanted to rip parents off but it seems like a tough way to make a tiny fraction of what he was making in his other endeavors. 

He knows football.  He has assembled a pretty good staff around him. If he has even a modicum of success at Colorado you will see him in a higher profile job within 3 years. And I’m sure a few of you guys will say he’s abandoning CU 🙄

12 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

it would be genuinely shocking if CO had a top 15 class next year. they have the #39 this year.

Colorado's last few years composite : 39, 47, 64, 36, 44, 53

even with the Deion bump for CO 2023, they are currently 6th in the Pac 12.

right now they are #17 in the composite for 2024 with 3 commits including the composite #108 player who is a DL from Georgia who reports offers from basically the entire SEC + Clemson, FSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, OU, Oregon, Penn State, Texas and A&M. he's never visited Colorado. he and another Commit both go to the same school (Valdosta)

side note: State of Colorado is fucking NOT good football recruit wise. in 2022 they had a total of 19 players in state ranked by 247. literally their #19 player in state for 2022 was a 2* DB who was ranked as the #162 safety for 247. 1 top 100 guy, 2 top 250 guys and 4 top 1000 (!!!) guys.

2023 isn't really any better - 17 total ranked players, 1 top 300 guy, 2 top 500 guys and 5 top 1000 guys.

2024 currently has 6 players ranked and none in the top 500.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

I saw a highlight during the year, but that was more gimmicky vs an every series WR that makes a DC plan for you. 

he was 8th on the team in catches. for comparison the #8 player in catches for Texas this year was Savion Red who was behind #7 Casey Cain and ahead of #9 Gunner Helm.

he plays some WR but he isn't going to play anywhere close to full time both ways and is going to have a way harder time vs a pac 12 schedule playing WR

14 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Have you looked at his social media?  He puts out a huge amount of content every day. 

In other words, Coach Prime understands how the world works today. Compare his public persona to all the idiot, outdated D-1 coaches like Jimbo, etc, and you tell me which one understands how to reach today's players. Not sure why he faces so much hate. 

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

In other words, Coach Prime understands how the world works today. Compare his public persona to all the idiot, outdated D-1 coaches like Jimbo, etc, and you tell me which one understands how to reach today's players. Not sure why he faces so much hate. 

I don't think is take$ much thought or gimmickry to figure out how to connect with today'$ player$.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Man I think about all those P5 head football coaches who are in it only for the kids and don’t hold their schools hostage for an extension and pay raise every chance they get, and then I see how righteous they are and how terrible and money hungry Sanders is

If only he could be more like Joe Paterno.

• Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Ignoring context is fucking glorious.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

The lucrative market of inner city football for little kids.

Bro, do you even context?

I’m pretty sure IMG makes pretty good money, but I believe they essentially bought the Florida tennis academy and rebranded it. That had been up and running and was a proven model. Sanders thought he could build something from the ground up. 

A guy I went to HS with was great at tennis. Had a win against Agassi in jr high and was a year younger. He got offered a scholarship to Bollettieri’s school and turned it down. Liked but didn’t love tennis. /csb

29 minutes ago, naija said:

Just got 5-star CB to flip from Miami to Colorado.

@closetojumping still want to bet?  Let’s confirm here.  My 500 to your 1000.   Colorado will be invited to a bowl game after the 2023 regular season. My outs are if Deion is not the coach. Invite is the important part.  If they don’t accept I still win

On 1/18/2023 at 8:30 PM, CTC2 said:

Have you looked at his social media?  He puts out a huge amount of content every day.  Up until now, a lot of it just seemed like him grifting from local business for free meals, pedicures, real estate agents, and others just plain giving him stuff in return for putting them on his social media.  I bet the dude hasn't paid for a meal since high school.  Other times its just him and his homies cutting it up in his newly decorated office.  My real point is that he does not give the impression of someone who likes to "work".  Seems inspirational only and leaves everything else up to the assistant coaches.  His staff is not that accomplished so I am curious how they will do.  

Celebrity endorsements is a gift now? Fine by me.

33 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Some folks have always felt Deion was a little too uppity for their liking.

Suspicious af

On 1/18/2023 at 10:09 PM, Brothahorn said:

Considering the type of shitty music most of the players listen to, that's not a bad idea.

I was going to say much the same. Too many of these young kids playing D1 football and basketball have no father figure and I think, yes, they do need reminded of things.

At Pitt we have a couple basketball players who have gotten into some trouble. Two years ago John Hughley got into a stolen car. A car stolen from a girl that he and the primary knew. John’s from Cleveland, and I think not a nice part of Cleveland, and his father had been in jail a few times. Jeff Capel has done a good job trying to help John. And I commend him for it. It would have been very easy for Capel, and Pitt, to just kick him out. John’s going through some issues now and Capel is standing by him.

Our star freshman, Dior Johnson, got in trouble because he pushed his girlfriend. Again, Capel is doing his best to help the kid. The kid is not going to play this year, and I kind of doubt he will be around next season as some said he could be a one & done. 

I’m not saying the kids need to be coddled but, sometimes a firm, and compassionate, hand is needed.

I guess that’s just a lot of words to say I think Sanders did a good thing there.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Imagine thinking that people being told a thing that is basic common sense is some groundbreaking revelation.

It’s not basic common sense. Has anyone said it’s groundbreaking? No. But believe me, it’s not something spelled out to a lot of young men these days. At all. He called a big team meeting and made a point in a theatrical way and went viral for it. I can’t think of a better way to really make anything stick in a Gen Zers head. With everything that’s happened lately from Joe Mixon to Baylor to Tyreek Hill & Ray Rice to Chris Beard, to guys like Andrew Tate being a hero to so many young males for touting the exact opposite message, I don’t see why it’s such a terrible thing for Deion to remind his players of appropriate conduct. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s not basic common sense. Has anyone said it’s groundbreaking? No. But believe me, it’s not something spelled out to a lot of young men these days. At all. He called a big team meeting and made a point in a theatrical way and went viral for it. I can’t think of a better way to really make anything stick in a Gen Zers head. With everything that’s happened lately from Joe Mixon to Baylor to Tyreek Hill & Ray Rice to Chris Beard, to guys like Andrew Tate being a hero to so many young males for touting the exact opposite message, I don’t see why it’s such a terrible thing for Deion to remind his players of appropriate conduct. 

Yeah, key word being theatrical. It's all for show. Every coach gives lip service to that kind of stuff.

core-values (1).jpg

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah, key word being theatrical. It's all for show. Every coach gives lip service to that kind of stuff.

core-values (1).jpg

That’s the best way to get peoples attention nowadays by far. Much more than just words on a wall. 

And do all coaches give it lip service? Briles? Stoops? Even Beard? 

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s the best way to get peoples attention nowadays by far. Much more than just words on a wall. 

And do all coaches give it lip service? Briles? Stoops? Even Beard? 

I just find it interesting that when our coach sends that message he is ridiculed, but when some other coach does it he's some big brained expert on connecting with kids. I also laugh at the idea that "connecting with the kids" is all of a sudden some big important thing when it comes to other schools, but not for ours. We judge our coach solely on whether he wins or not and give zero fucks if he's preaching a bunch of shit about respecting women, or if he has some grand connections with each kid.

For fucks sake, we had a guy that kissed his players on the cheek. We roasted him for it. But if COACH PRIME were to do that exact thing, i guarantee you there would be posts here about how meaningful it is and how his players love him so much.

Edited by Pam Cummings

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I just find it interesting that when our coach sends that message he is ridiculed, but when some other coach does it he's some big brained expert on connecting with kids. I also laugh at the idea that "connecting with the kids" is all of a sudden some big important thing when it comes to other schools, but not for ours. We judge our coach solely on whether he wins or not and give zero fucks if he's preaching a bunch of shit about respecting women, or if he has some grand connections with each kid.

For fucks sake, we had a guy that kissed his players on the cheek. We roasted him for it. But if COACH PRIME were to do that exact thing, i guarantee you there would be posts here about how meaningful it is and how his players love him so much.

Deion has won so far. His stated goal is to win, and influence young people positively. He’s found a way to get his message to a lot of ears. 

Herman kissing players on the cheek was weird and shows how tone deaf he was at actually connecting with people. Say what you will about Deion but he’s not lacking any charisma.

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Deion has won so far. His stated goal is to win, and influence young people positively. He’s found a way to get his message to a lot of ears. 

Herman kissing players on the cheek was weird and shows how tone deaf he was at actually connecting with people. Say what you will about Deion but he’s not lacking any charisma.

He certainly doesn't. It rubbed me the wrong way that he felt entitled to be the coach at FSU when he had zero coaching experience. He acted slighted and felt like he was entitled to that job. Winning at Jackson State isn't the same as winning at the P5 level but it's at least something. Being willing to climb the ladder the right way has earned some respect back from me. But i will only judge him on wins and losses. The flashy theatrical stuff just isn't for me.

Edited by Pam Cummings

19 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Only if Deion full on frenches them. THAT, my friend, is being committed to the kids.