Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

I'd be interested to know the actual statistics on this. I know Deion probably isn't speaking out of pocket. I'm sure there are some metrics out there to lead him to say that. I'd bet at least half or more of NFL starting QBs are from 2 parent house holds. Probably 3/4 of them actually but who knows. Apparently all this stuff after doing some light googling is on NFL scouting reports.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'd be interested to know the actual statistics on this. I know Deion probably isn't speaking out of pocket. I'm sure there are some metrics out there to lead him to say that. I'd bet at least half or more of NFL starting QBs are from 2 parent house holds. Probably 3/4 of them actually but who knows. Apparently all this stuff after doing some light googling is on NFL scouting reports.

I would imagine the NFL scouting reports on this subject have a paragraph about how the “poor super talented black workhorse tryna buy his momma a crib” or the “white coaches son QB from suburbia” are myths and about how it’s best to take players based on how good they are at football instead…

Edited by The Earl of Texas

On 2/18/2023 at 2:36 PM, Horn of Gabriel said:

spacer.png

Now imagine Deion was a white coach saying that

Exactly. White coaches shouldn't say it. Black coaches shouldn't say it. Nobody should. Everything about it except the 3.5 GPA and never take a QB with a mullet is discriminatory and just flat wrong. Thing is there's very little chance he actually goes by that philosophy, with all the resources available to D1 scouting and recruiting it's madness if you don't evaluate the individual and just go by a metric. He's such an idiot he probably thinks that makes him sound smart and edgy.

Just when I want to pull for the guy he goes and reminds me he's a piece of shit. He's a racist, discriminatory, dumb ass piece of shit just as bad as any racist white good ol boy coach. Giving him a pass because he's black needs to stop. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Exactly. White coaches shouldn't say it. Black coaches shouldn't say it. Nobody should. Everything about it except the 3.5 GPA and never take a QB with a mullet is discriminatory and just flat wrong. Thing is there's very little chance he actually goes by that philosophy, with all the resources available to D1 scouting and recruiting it's madness if you don't evaluate the individual and just go by a metric. He's such an idiot he probably thinks that makes him sound smart and edgy.

Just when I want to pull for the guy he goes and reminds me he's a piece of shit. He's a racist, discriminatory, dumb ass piece of shit just as bad as any racist white good ol boy coach. Giving him a pass because he's black needs to stop. 

Watching the vid it’s pretty clear he was joking about the D-lineman part. But sure go ahead and be an SJW about it, that’ll get you far.

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

There's no SJW bullshit. It's common decency. What happens if Sark says this shit even as a joke? It's wrong to say no matter who you are. He's just a cunt

Black people get to make jokes about black stereotypes. I know it’s not fair that you don’t get to. The struggle is real

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

What's the lure of this guy? It's not like he's some defensive or offensive genius putting numerous guys in the league. Kids are going there because of the sideshow, but will he develop them? Can he manage a game? Can he make halftime adjustments? Far too many are anointing this blowhard a coaching savant just because he tells you he's a coaching savant. 

7 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Black people get to make jokes about black stereotypes. I know it’s not fair that you don’t get to. The struggle is real

I don't want to

It's not just racial discrimination. It's classism. And it's proven false. 

As long as anyone feels comfortable saying shit like that then more people will feel comfortable believing it. Things will never change.

Sanders isn't above getting on his high horse and preaching standards, we've seen the videos of that. But then none of his actions show he has any standards for himself. 

It's actually an interesting way to characterize what one looks for from each position.  I don't like the guy at all, but it seems one should be able to assume a little intelligence in one's audience. Everybody knows that murderers, nurses, thieves, and professors can come from any stratum of society and any type of family/non-family situation.

He and Barry Switzer severed the last frail thread of my interest in the Cowboys and the NFL. The Oilers moved away and Jerruh went out of his way to choose two of the worst characters in the sport despite their success. I don't give a rat's ass if Sanders succeeds at Colorado.

I am tired of his every action being treated as big news by the moron sports media. They elevated his showboating by making such a big deal out of it. Now they hope for easy stories they can poorly write about his next action.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

What does this even mean? What sort of narrative are you building in your mind right now? 

He's full of shit, and people lap it up...so we get more of it because he thinks it's good.

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

What does that have to do with "nobody has oppressed Deion Sanders more than Primetime"?

He fucks himself by being the character.  Yeah, it's profitable, but there's a price.

Not sure why you're so confused, other than you want to be.

Eh, it's a stupid thing to say out loud regardless. Different positions require different levels of emotional maturity, athleticism, intelligence, physical toughness, desire, and skill. And different life experiences may support or hinder the development of some or all of those attributes. Maybe there're heuristics out there that help distinguish who will or won't possess them, all things being equal... queue the Freakonomics gang.

I don't know enough to have a knee jerk opinion.

So I'll just join the rest of you and be shocked and outraged. 😉

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Wait wait wait... are you guys telling me a high-level football coach is largely full of shit, arrogant, dishonest, and someone who just recycles a lot of tired shit a lot of other coaches have done and said!? WHAT!?

I demand an investigation.

So he’s not unique at all and not worthy of the hype? Agreed.

Sanders is an extremely interesting coaching prospect who is probably slightly more honest and well-intentioned than the average. But that's like discussing the virtues of whores in the whorehouse. It's fun to watch and I have zero concept of why people get so pissed off about him other than... you know... the obvious. (Gump-angrilly-tapping-on-Sumlin-portrait)

Either that or some here actually believe the mainstream, nice quiet white boy coach horseshit who loves Jesus, mama, and puppies. Like people at the Royal Rumble who think it's real.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Sanders is an extremely interesting coaching prospect who is probably slightly more honest and well-intentioned than the average. But that's like discussing the virtues of whores in the whorehouse. It's fun to watch and I have zero concept of why people get so pissed off about him other than... you know... the obvious. (Gump-angrilly-tapping-on-Sumlin-portrait)

Either that or some here actually believe the mainstream, nice quiet white boy coach horseshit who loves Jesus, mama, and puppies. Like people at the Royal Rumble who think it's real.

Very txaggy politics board like of the posters here to be so upset about Deion for literally no reason.

• Fuck You 1

On 2/25/2023 at 9:42 AM, Hermanator said:

Deion didn't mention race in his comments. Other people are assuming there is a racial component here. Who is the racist? 

Is it really unreasonable that when you are recruiting for a position that requires leadership and must deal with a high degree of complexity under duress and with speed, that you should look for markers of intelligence and maturity? 

And BTW, the Super Bowl just featured two black QBs from dual parent situations. 

Edited by Crockett

On 2/26/2023 at 1:29 AM, Burt said:

What's the lure of this guy? It's not like he's some defensive or offensive genius putting numerous guys in the league. Kids are going there because of the sideshow, but will he develop them? Can he manage a game? Can he make halftime adjustments? Far too many are anointing this blowhard a coaching savant just because he tells you he's a coaching savant. 

We will see.  But he can recruit like hell, that's for sure.  And from all indications, he's put together a very solid coaching staff.

• Hook 'Em 1